Simpsons Movie

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Saw the premier. It was actually pretty good. Not great, but a lot better than I expected it to be.

Here's a couple fun spoilers:

Mr. Burns releases the hounds, of course.

Bart's penis is shown

Marge says "God Damn"

Homer gives the whole town the finger

Moe manages to become emperor of springfield

Maggie has a one word speaking part during the credits

Unfortunately, no Hank Scorpio

Suicidebree

Two, Zero, Two Infantry
Dec 20, 2004
Jersey
VEry funny, the bigger the fan you are the more you'll like it.

I was really dissapointed...I was expecting, with it being a "motion picture" and all, for the creators to push the envelope content wise, but I felt that the movie wasn't anymore (perhaps even less) edgy than what was on the simpsons 10 years ago.

The plot was dry and there were just too many slow moments in the movie.

My friends walked out and got a refund about 20 minutes into it, but I stayed to the end...I won't see it again.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Question= How long ago was this movie made? I've been a big fan for a long time however stopped watching around '02, at that point I just watched the old shows. So I was wondering when the movie was created and if it's more like the old original Simpsons and not the "fonz jumping the shark show" that it's slowly become.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Its closer to the "newer" simpsons where Homer just does all sorts of wacky things and the plot is designed around a couple jokes rather than the jokes being designed around the plot.

That being said, its not nearly as bad as some of the more recent simpsons episodes. Its watchable.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Makes me wonder since they did a TON of promotion they knew it wasn't very good.

Slow Bollards

Bollards...sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?
Apr 28, 2005
SILLY-delphia!
I used to be a huge Simpson's fan. I can't wrap my head around sitting in the theater for this, as my passion waned years ago. This is def a wait-for-the-dvd movie.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
They've been writing and re-writing for years so I should hope the final version is worth it. Too bad I'm a chick and none of my cunty friends like the show, otherwise I'd be in the theaters right now

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
im going to take my son this weekend my old lady might come along she likes the show also. we love the simpsons, so no matter how bad it is, its going to be fun to see it on the big screen. i like to hit the theator early early either saturday or sunday fewer savages.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Too bad they didn't go the Southpark route and put out an unedited movie.
I know they would have lost a big audience so I understand it, but to hear
them cursing would have been pretty funny. I'll wait til the dvd comes out.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
My girl and I are taking our nephew and niece to see it tomorrow. Hopefully its good, although honestly Im not expecting anything unbelievable.

Suicidebree

Two, Zero, Two Infantry
Dec 20, 2004
Jersey
Some of the more risque things below.
The closest they come to uncensored was Barts penis, a jewish joke, and Homer giving the finger(which was funny). I feel like there may have been two other suttle jokes, maybe one about a vagina.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
There is some cursing. Not very much, and they certainly dont drop any F-bombs or anything. But there are a few instances where they drop an Ass, Damn, or a Bitch

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
eh, ill be mr stick in the mud and say that i rather it be a hard PG or light PG13, even though i spout profanity like the ignorant jack ass that i am. i would rather my 10year old not here bart dropping too many f bombs. i think we forget that even though its a kind of edgy show its always been kind of family oriented, un like family guy or south park

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
I gave up on the simpsons about 6 or 7 seasons ago. Now when i see them promting episodes on FOX, I am in disbelief that enough people still watch it that they let it hang around. When I saw the movie coming out I just kept thinking that it was about 10 years too late.
That being said, I loved the movie. I laughed my ass off at alot of it and thats all I really expected from it. I knew the spiderpig part and still thought it was really funny.
I also smoked alot of dope before going so im sure that helps as much.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
My chick and I saw the trailer with Spider-Pig in it. She got such a kick out of it because for years I've gotten her to laugh by taking her stuffed pet goat and having it walk around the celing and walls as I sing "Spider-Goat".

Nov 22, 2005
South Philadelphia
i am sure that they have been making crappy eps lately to make the movie more gooder :)

not at you but, have they been making bad EPS? cause i have been watching, and havent been put off. when you watch the dvd's watch the bad EPS too. once again this is too everyone. PS SNL is good now. so comment on america

:deadhorse

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
I'm convinced most of the people that bitch about new Simpsons don't give it half a chance. It's still fucking funny! Not every episode is a gem, but I can go back to the seasons everybody creams their pants over (Seasons 3 through 6) and find ones that were mediocre too. And as bad as any new episode is, it'll never be as bad as the family-oriented bag of shit known as Season 1.

Instead of worrying "why is this show still on", either watch it and find out or keep watching Mr. Plow and The Itchy & Scratchy Movie on a continuous loop until your eyes bleed.

(Damn, I thought only Stern zombies could get me this mad!)

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I never liked the Lisa episodes, no matter what season. Vegetarian Buddhist whiny cunt.

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
I never liked the Lisa episodes, no matter what season. Vegetarian Buddhist whiny cunt.
OK. I'll definitely give you that one since they usually suck. The one from a few seasons ago where she runs for class president (another annoying fucking musical, by the way) was vomit inducing.

I did, however, enjoy the one involving her where Bleeding Gums Murphy dies. But of course, it's all because of Homer:

"We'll just go to the pound and get you a new jazzman!" :D

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Im fucking pissed, I suck at life!

Tonight I went bowling, it was simpson night... I won a fucking movie poster anf motherfucking left it there. Son of a bitch im an ass.