Siri - Apple - iPhone 4S

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
This is the app Ant used today. Only for the iphone 4S.

Apple - iPhone 4S - Ask Siri to help you get things done.

Siri on iPhone 4S lets you use your voice to send messages, make calls, set reminders, and more. Just speak naturally. Siri understands what you say.

articles

If you have a 4S, what have you asked it? And what were its responses?

Discoman

Donator
Feb 21, 2010
New York
I had a friend who attempted to show it off and his demonstration fell flat on his face.

Siri, set a reminder to call Dan?

Dave?

No, I said Dan.

Did you mean David Cameron?

EVENTUALLY, it got it right. It also took 3 times to ask for the square root of 152. Seems useless unless you're trying to show off or you are driving in your car.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Listening to the O&A replay. This SIRI thing sounds like a piece of shit. In the time it took to ask if Quadaffi was dead 10 times, he could have just googled it. Woo, awesome.

Sep 28, 2010
It's great for Christopher reeve.

Oh wait nm

Dec 19, 2005
What's the difference between Siri and the Android app "Edwin"?
It seems like it's the same concept...

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
Who the fuck would want that, everyone I know hates getting a voice recognition customer service machine, why would anyone want to interact with their own phone that way voluntarily?

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Who the fuck would want that, everyone I know hates getting a voice recognition customer service machine, why would anyone want to interact with their own phone that way voluntarily?
X2. I hate the SYNC bitch in my truck. Just play the fucking music, cunt!

Dec 19, 2005
Or Eva, Vliingo, etc.

I love how it filters the naughty words for us. Wouldn't want to offend the children...
No shit. censoring on a phone!! idiotic...

Anyway, yeah forgot about Vlingo. It's pretty much the same damn thing that I've had for years, and they're making Siri out to be something revolutionary.

DeadAnus

Nov 14, 2009
Shit...I knew I should have went with Verizon...

AFROshow

Mar 14, 2010
I've had this on my Droid X for a year and a half. Slap the Apple logo on it and watch that faggots start humping the air.

Mikefrombx

Jan 13, 2011
Bronx
I have used vlingo and edwin played with siri the only thing that it can do that is any different is set location based alerts. The voice recognition that is built into gb is extremely accurate and it uses google's servers so it is much more powerful.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
google voice search for android suits me fine.

all the basic functionality, task assignment, etc without trying to talk to your phone like you're pals.

Mikefrombx

Jan 13, 2011
Bronx
Haha CNN has a great article about how Siri is useless ... if CNN is saying that it means the app is fucking terrible

sent from my incredible

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Vlingo works pretty damn good. Apparently a group of Android dev's put together their own tool called Iris in eight hours after they saw Siri which supposedly works pretty damn well even in its beta/alpha format.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
i use voice command on my droid x2, it works fine enough, i don't need to rely on a robot to set up a reminder that i know won't be accurate

UCFGavin

Feb 25, 2006
kinda surprised to not see apple sackriders on wackbag :eek:

metallikat87

Dec 14, 2006
Oklahoma
i have the new iphone 4s, siri is ok. its not revolutionary but just because i have the iphone doesnt mean im a raving apple fan boi
the way people are anti-apple(calling anyone with an iphone a sackrider or claiming that i'd slobber on your droid if there was an apple on the back of it) is just as retarded to me as the way people are gaga over apples stuff

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
i have the new iphone 4s, siri is ok. its not revolutionary but just because i have the iphone doesnt mean im a raving apple fan boi
the way people are anti-apple(calling anyone with an iphone a sackrider or claiming that i'd slobber on your droid if there was an apple on the back of it) is just as retarded to me as the way people are gaga over apples stuff
I do believe the apple sackriders are considered the people like Danny whos only response is 'apple did it! apple did it!' and have a strong desire to blow Steve Jobs...even now.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Siri is the coolest thing about the iPhone that nobody uses.
Can you at least use the voice recognition without the Siri cunt? I like how with Android, anywhere you could type text, you can just say what you want. It's probably easier to speak a Google search query than deal with some AI horseshit.

Dec 19, 2005
Can you at least use the voice recognition without the Siri cunt? I like how with Android, anywhere you could type text, you can just say what you want. It's probably easier to speak a Google search query than deal with some AI horseshit.
Fuck that Siri cunt. She blows Danny's hairy ass.

When driving, I always speak my texts on the Droid (Bionic). It's extremely accurate ... and I'm not looking down at the keyboard while a truck is coming at me in the same lane...

Bill Tetley

Oct 12, 2011
Even if Siri works really well, I doubt I'd ever use it. I have a horrible history of using Voice Control on my iPhone 4. I've never gotten it work properly. I mainly use it to try and call people while I'm driving so I can have my hands free, but the sound of the engine always gets in the way and it does something I didn't want it to.

Anyone ever try using their iPhone to find out what song's playing on the radio? If the music isn't loud enough, it says nothing's playing. But if you have the music up loud enough, it ends up doing something else like calling or texting someone. I've never gotten that feature to work, even though Apple was plugging that shit like crazy a while back as being the coolest thing ever.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I use SoundHound on my thunderbolt to identify music. Works nice.