SiriusXM Service Stinks

VicVinegar

I am going on 20 minutes now trying to transfer my Onyx subscription to the new car. Holy shit this is an awful process. First he says he can extend me a year on my discount price. Then it can't. Now we are back on it, but the system won't let me just pay right now. It "needs" to bill me later at the end of my trial period on the new car. How is this company still afloat with a system like this?

Total of 40 minutes and we'll see if it doesn't get screwed up when it is supposed to renew at the end of the trial. At least the guy on the line realized his system is fucked and was trying to make it work.

Last edited:

Josh_R

I recently spent over an hour on the phone with these idiots.
My situation:
I have had an external XM radio in my truck for years.
I have the SiriusXM app on my phone, which I use almost exclusively, now. The app is linked to the XM radio.
My wife has a Sirius in her car.

I called to find out if I can cancel the sub for my truck and transfer the phone app to the car account WITHOUT losing O&A.
I specifically asked the rep if I were to transfer to Sirius, whether I would lose O&A and if I need to buy the best of XM package. I asked the dumbass TWICE just to be sure. The answer was "no, sir, you don't have to do anything extra."
I hang up the phone after about 30 minutes, check the app, unsurprisingly there was no O&A channel on my phone anymore.

Call back and get a different guy, to whom I get to reexplain this whole situation. This guy was kind of a dick. He said "I'm sorry you were given unclear information". I stopped him right there and said "no, it wasn't unclear, I was told completely incorrect information." I was explaining that if I had known it was going to be such a pain in the ass, I would have just kept everything as it was and not wasted my time. He got kind of testy and said something like "well, sir, this inconvenience has only been going on for about 30 minutes", like it was no big deal.

It took about another half hour, but the guy talked me into upgrading the car to the ultimate package with EVERY Siruis AND XM channel, which gave me the same thing on my phone. Upgrading actually saved me about $100 a year, so I guess my hour of annoyance with Indian customer service reps was worth $100 a year. It still seems like a waste, since I literally only listen to one channel on my phone, but whatever.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
I use the web site to 'conduct' any business with these shit bags. And I gladly pay full price so I don't have to deal with those mouf breathers.

VicVinegar

I tried. The website doesn't allow you to transfer subs from one radio to another.

I call once a year and demand another 50% off promo, and last time the guy gave me shit and I had to call and get a new CSR. So when this guy offered me another year with no threat to cancel necessary, I took it. But fuck it was an awful process.

I tried to cancel a built in one... as we didn't have the car anymore... call took 20 mins and two people to cancel. About the same to transfer a sub from my old broken AirWare to the new one... amazed you cannot do it online... used to have three radios and one internet subscription.

Now just one radio and internet... as my chick has "unlimited data" on her phone.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
So, is there a way to get around the email filter now? Apparently, SiriusXM has managed to figure out the 1minutemail (and other throwaway mail services) "hack"

So, is there a way to get around the email filter now? Apparently, SiriusXM has managed to figure out the 1minutemail (and other throwaway mail services) "hack"
When I was listening for free with trial memberships I would just set up an email addresses like a@somedomain.com and when it ran out b@somedomain.com etc... but last time I looked they wanted a credit card for a trial internet membership now.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
When I was listening for free with trial memberships I would just set up an email addresses like a@somedomain.com and when it ran out b@somedomain.com etc... but last time I looked they wanted a credit card for a trial internet membership now.
You can still get 30 days with no card, I just hate making new email accounts every month. Using a throwaway was always the easiest.