Skydiver Fearless Felix jumps from 18 miles up

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Fuck that noise:

Skydiver "Fearless Felix" Baumgartner has done it again.

On Wednesday, Baumgartner took another stratospheric leap, this time from an altitude of more than 18 miles — an estimated 96,640 feet, nearly three times higher than cruising jetliners. He landed safely near Roswell, N.M. His top speed was an estimated 536 mph
Link to full article.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I get the jelly leg up on a ladder, this guy has balls of steel.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
The thing that would bother me the most, out of about a 1000 things that would bother me on this, is that the atmosphere is just about non-existent that far up, and I would imagine you just tumble uncontrollably until you hit thicker atmosphere. I would puke all in that nice space suite.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
How much do I have to pay to get up that high?

I'd be more worried about something going wrong with my suit like when they jumped in '60

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
Jesus titty fucking Christ. No thank you.

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
Now that I have the money I am scheduling my first skydive, really excited about it. Want to get 200 dives in as soon as possible so I can try for my real dream, fucking wind suits. Something like what this guy did would be absolutely amazing but this would defiantly scare even my love of heights. I used to have a small fear of heights before I got a job climbing where I was on a roof every day and a tower ranging from 50-200ft a couple times a month. I almost pissed myself the first time I used a suicide strap (A Strap you loop through the inside of a tower so you can lean back at a 90° angle to work with both hands). After a little time it became exhilarating and now the higher the better.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
Now that I have the money I am scheduling my first skydive, really excited about it. Want to get 200 dives in as soon as possible so I can try for my real dream, fucking wind suits. Something like what this guy did would be absolutely amazing but this would defiantly scare even my love of heights. I used to have a small fear of heights before I got a job climbing where I was on a roof every day and a tower ranging from 50-200ft a couple times a month. I almost pissed myself the first time I used a suicide strap (A Strap you loop through the inside of a tower so you can lean back at a 90° angle to work with both hands). After a little time it became exhilarating and now the higher the better.

I had 127 freefalls in before the company I work for finally started to cover me with health insurance. The first fucking question the cunt agent asked was if I skydive. I said yes. She said no, I don't. I hate that bitch, but, if I want insurance.................

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
I had 127 freefalls in before the company I work for finally started to cover me with health insurance. The first fucking question the cunt agent asked was if I skydive. I said yes. She said no, I don't. I hate that bitch, but, if I want insurance.................
I will get insurance through my work before I take my first fall so if I get this question I can answer no honestly. That will work. Don't try to ruin it for me.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
I had no choice but to tell the truth. Her and my boss go to the same church and he had mentioned my skydiving antics to her previously. He found out later that I was not pleased at all.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
Because skydiving is so much more dangerous than rock climbing or eating soul food all day? Screw the fun hating actuaries

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I'd be more worried about something going wrong with my suit like when they jumped in '60
It wasn't "they". Just Captain Kittinger and his amazing brass balls.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
So fucking cool. I'd do that even if I was gonna splat on the ground at the end.

I've lived a decent life. That would be worth it.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
There isn't a whole of things that can give you an over the top adrenalin rush that lasts for half a day after you land - if you don't solo at least once you are missing out on one of the greatest experiences there is.