Movie Skyscraper - The Rock drops the People’s Prosthetic on a building.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
This comercial had me laughing almost as hard as the Solo Solo one.

Full trailer comes with 100% more vouch:

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
At least San Andreas had these,

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York

Last edited:

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I found out who's behind the destruction of this building:

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I found out who's behind the destruction of this building:

He rayped the building and it imploded because it couldn't live with the shame anymore.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
He rayped the building and it imploded because it couldn't live with the shame anymore.
You may not have gotten the reference. Liddy will. And whiskeyguy, crip, and Chip.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
You may not have gotten the reference. Liddy will. And whiskeyguy, crip, and Chip.
I read the dang HitWs later if I'm not there.

Last edited:

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
That was such a bizarre movie. Way stranger than I expected.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Alright god dammit let’s do this! I paid $3.52 extra in peak pricing for this garbage. It better be worth it...

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Alright god dammit let’s do this! I paid $3.52 extra in peak pricing for this garbage. It better be worth it...
I'm physic. I predict at some point in the movie he'll raise one eyebrow before beating someone silly.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
MoviePass movie number 14! Now with $3.52 peak pricing because MoviePass is a fucking scam!

To call this a "movie" is an insult to movies. It's probably one of the most incompetent attempts at a film I've ever seen. Rawson Marshall Thurber has made movies. He's directed actual Hollywood movies, some of which are even pretty good. He even created Terry Tate - Office Linebacker. But this movie is why you'll never get me to automatically like a movie based on the director. No matter how good a guy's previous work is, they are always capable of turning out a turd like this.

There is literally no movie here. It's just the Rock doing a couple of stunts. Like, I think maybe...2? There is barely a story, and it makes so little sense that I don't even think I could describe it.

Fuck it, let me try - A guy builds a great big building, and the International Secret Mob comes to him and tells him they have to pay them off for "protection" while he builds the building. He is a super smart computer guy, so he hacks them and gets all their personal information, telling them if they ever try to blackmail him again, he will release all their info. He stores all this information on a comically huge flash drive, but also puts it in the cloud, so that if he is ever killed it will be released automatically. He keeps the flash drive in a safe in a safe room in his penthouse. The International Secret Mob somehow know that if they can get hold of the flash drive, they can somehow reverse engineer his hacking and get into the cloud to erase his "if I die" failsafe.

By the way all of this is explained by the guy in less time than I took to explain it. That's what this entire movie hinges on. There's really no reason at all to set the building on fire. Oh, and the building is controlled by another building a mile away from the building, but it's also controlled by an ipad. So Neve Campbell fights one of the best looking women I've ever seen for the ipad and then even though they establish in the beginning of the movie that she doesn't know how to even turn her iPhone on, she is somehow able to use the tablet to have the building just turn the fire off. Because that's how fire works I guess - it just has an on and off switch.

Seriously though - this girl is beautiful:

Fred West

Jul 4, 2014
MoviePass movie number 14! Now with $3.52 peak pricing because MoviePass is a fucking scam!

To call this a "movie" is an insult to movies. It's probably one of the most incompetent attempts at a film I've ever seen. Rawson Marshall Thurber has made movies. He's directed actual Hollywood movies, some of which are even pretty good. He even created Terry Tate - Office Linebacker. But this movie is why you'll never get me to automatically like a movie based on the director. No matter how good a guy's previous work is, they are always capable of turning out a turd like this.

There is literally no movie here. It's just the Rock doing a couple of stunts. Like, I think maybe...2? There is barely a story, and it makes so little sense that I don't even think I could describe it.

Fuck it, let me try - A guy builds a great big building, and the International Secret Mob comes to him and tells him they have to pay them off for "protection" while he builds the building. He is a super smart computer guy, so he hacks them and gets all their personal information, telling them if they ever try to blackmail him again, he will release all their info. He stores all this information on a comically huge flash drive, but also puts it in the cloud, so that if he is ever killed it will be released automatically. He keeps the flash drive in a safe in a safe room in his penthouse. The International Secret Mob somehow know that if they can get hold of the flash drive, they can somehow reverse engineer his hacking and get into the cloud to erase his "if I die" failsafe.

By the way all of this is explained by the guy in less time than I took to explain it. That's what this entire movie hinges on. There's really no reason at all to set the building on fire. Oh, and the building is controlled by another building a mile away from the building, but it's also controlled by an ipad. So Neve Campbell fights one of the best looking women I've ever seen for the ipad and then even though they establish in the beginning of the movie that she doesn't know how to even turn her iPhone on, she is somehow able to use the tablet to have the building just turn the fire off. Because that's how fire works I guess - it just has an on and off switch.

Seriously though - this girl is beautiful:
That's a shame. It's been a while since I watched a dumb, summer disaster movie that didn't have a cape or monster involved.

So even the "action" part of this action movie wasn't any good?

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
That's a shame. It's been a while since I watched a dumb, summer disaster movie that didn't have a cape or monster involved.

So even the "action" part of this action movie wasn't any good?
Let me try to recap the action parts:

The Rock gets into a fist fight with a dude, who does the smart thing and goes for the leg. The Rock still manages to beat him up on one leg, because he forgets he only has one leg and uses both during the fight. There is one scene of him hopping, so I guess that kind of counts.

He climbs a 100 story high crane - on the outside of the crane - then goes underneath it and gets up onto the platform. He loses his grip once and somehow catches himself. He's also able to perfectly maintain his balance over 100 stories in the air as he runs back and forth on the crane arm. Then of course there's the jump that's in all the trailers.

He has to get into the building designer's safe room. Somehow he is able to access a computer screen on a wall that tells him the override for the safe room is between the two wind turbines that power the building. (don't ask) For whatever reason there is no access to the wind turbines from inside the building, even though they are in the center of the building, so he uses duck tape to stick to the side of the building as he circles around on the outside. He disables the safe room, then swings back on a rope that he got from somewhere (?) but loses his grip and is left dangling by his prosthetic leg, which comes off. Somehow he catches the leg which is hooked into the rope and climbs up his leg into the building.

The big showdown with the bad guys is in some room of mirrors like in Enter the Dragon. It's actually the best part of the movie I guess, even though it's completely stupid. If we HitW this I'll probably watch the end a few times to figure out how he managed to save his daughter because it doesn't seem physically possible the way they were positioned.

But that's really it - just 4 action set pieces. With literally nothing in between holding it all together. I don't know how many action scenes were in Die Hard but boy it felt like a whole lot more happened in that movie.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Oh and Neve Campbell has a couple of action-y scenes as well, because equality.

Fred West

Jul 4, 2014
But that's really it - just 4 action set pieces. With literally nothing in between holding it all together. I don't know how many action scenes were in Die Hard but boy it felt like a whole lot more happened in that movie.
Die Hard is a masterpiece, though. Can it hold it's own against White House Down or the other movie, Down White House?

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Die Hard is a masterpiece, though. Can it hold it's own against White House Down or the other movie, Down White House?
No. Those movies at least had some humor, or attempts at humor. There wasn’t anything even approximating a joke in this movie.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
You're going to hate me @Pigdango, but I didn't hate this movie. I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it. I thought it was better than Rampage, Solo, or Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

I think the biggest problem with the movie was that it couldn't decide what it wanted to be. Half of the time it felt like it wanted to give Dwayne Johnson his first more serious, grounded role in a long time, and then he's leaping turbines, holding together a bridge with ropes, and climbing 100 floors on one foot and without any exhaustion.

The leap scene was stupider than I expected, not because he made the leap, but because he figured out how to operate the crane and the wench in order to get the window open. I think sequences like that work better when the overall scheme is less convoluted unless you're Super Spy.

Nothing much else to say. I didn't mind Neve Campbell. I thought Bad Asian Girl was the best villain, followed by Fake Ben Mendelsen, followed by the dip who was the main villain.

Why didn't the Asian guy just release all the information about the criminals when they took over the building? What would he have to lose? He already lost the building. I get that they could reverse engineer the code (and when I say "get," I mean 'I understood that that was the explanation they gave in the movie'), but they didn't know if he needed to do something every 12/24 hours to keep the information from getting out.

Maybe facial recognition should be combined with a password so you can't just shove a tablet in the guy you stole it from's face and get it to work.

An REL moment for me was when the Asian cop (Asian Carl Winslow) says to The Rock "I'm glad to finally meet you," and I don't think The Rock once knew about his existence.

They did have jokes. At one point, Johnson is going to smash a door with a sledge hammer, but then he tries the handle and it opens. I think he says "come on" a few times. When that guy shows up at the beginning holding the sign saying "I AM GOING TO BETRAY YOU, OBVIOUSLY." It was filled to the brim with humor.

There was one point where I actually cheered though.

At the end, The Rock is on the helicopter with the Main Chinese Guy and The Rock says "What are you going to do now?" Mentally I was pulling for him to say "Now we rebuild" (because San Andreas). He only says "Rebuild" but I was like 'good enough'.

But overall, it was harmless. Not enjoyable but not ruing my time spent seeing it.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
You're going to hate me @Pigdango, but I didn't hate this movie. I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it. I thought it was better than Rampage, Solo, or Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

I think the biggest problem with the movie was that it couldn't decide what it wanted to be. Half of the time it felt like it wanted to give Dwayne Johnson his first more serious, grounded role in a long time, and then he's leaping turbines, holding together a bridge with ropes, and climbing 100 floors on one foot and without any exhaustion.

The leap scene was stupider than I expected, not because he made the leap, but because he figured out how to operate the crane and the wench in order to get the window open. I think sequences like that work better when the overall scheme is less convoluted unless you're Super Spy.

Nothing much else to say. I didn't mind Neve Campbell. I thought Bad Asian Girl was the best villain, followed by Fake Ben Mendelsen, followed by the dip who was the main villain.

Why didn't the Asian guy just release all the information about the criminals when they took over the building? What would he have to lose? He already lost the building. I get that they could reverse engineer the code (and when I say "get," I mean 'I understood that that was the explanation they gave in the movie'), but they didn't know if he needed to do something every 12/24 hours to keep the information from getting out.

Maybe facial recognition should be combined with a password so you can't just shove a tablet in the guy you stole it from's face and get it to work.

An REL moment for me was when the Asian cop (Asian Carl Winslow) says to The Rock "I'm glad to finally meet you," and I don't think The Rock once knew about his existence.

They did have jokes. At one point, Johnson is going to smash a door with a sledge hammer, but then he tries the handle and it opens. I think he says "come on" a few times. When that guy shows up at the beginning holding the sign saying "I AM GOING TO BETRAY YOU, OBVIOUSLY." It was filled to the brim with humor.

There was one point where I actually cheered though.

At the end, The Rock is on the helicopter with the Main Chinese Guy and The Rock says "What are you going to do now?" Mentally I was pulling for him to say "Now we rebuild" (because San Andreas). He only says "Rebuild" but I was like 'good enough'.

But overall, it was harmless. Not enjoyable but not ruing my time spent seeing it.
I did laugh out loud at the rebuild line and actually struggled to remember if it was in Rampage, hoping it was going to be The Rock’s signature line.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Did you guys really want to watch a Dwayne Johnson movie or did you run out of anything good to watch with Moviepass?