Sleeping Dogs

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I'm sold on it, but I might wait for a price drop. I also want that Lego Batman 2 game. The fact that it's open world gave me a boner.

One of the two games will be purchased Monday, the other I'll wait for a price drop on. Lego Batman 2 would probably drop faster.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I'm sold on it, but I might wait for a price drop. I also want that Lego Batman 2 game. The fact that it's open world gave me a boner.

One of the two games will be purchased Monday, the other I'll wait for a price drop on. Lego Batman 2 would probably drop faster.
If you are worried about price, I'm yet to see a LEGO game that didn't get a $20 edition eventually. Though it might take a while.

Game is fun as hell though.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
[video=youtube;Wf0EWk8Z7oI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf0EWk8Z7oI[/video]

Has anyone played this game? It looks pretty cool.

GrammatonCleric

Nov 19, 2008
The console version doesn't look too good. It seems very rough around the edges graphically and not nearly as fluid as the PC version. I was so excited for this game months ago but I think poor coding might prevent me from getting it. Despite all of that my friends rate it highly due to the gameplay. They've described it as being much better GTA by miles.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
The biggest bit of praise I saw for it was that it has a big focus on hand to hand combat compared to GTA, and that it employs the kind of combat scene in Batman Arkham games, which I thought was fucking amazing.

outcry

Nov 1, 2009
One of the 13 colonies
The combat in the game is amazing. A lot more different shit you can do with it than Arkham's system, and that's why it's better in that aspect. I'm absolutely loving the shit out of this.

Sep 28, 2010
I bought it last week. Although it is a cool game I kinda wish I didn't pay full price for it. Too many annoyances that are hard to ignore for a 60 dollar game.
The camera is garbage. I constantly lose melee weapons when entering vehicles. No helicopters or jump button so all those sky scrapers might as well be 3 stories high. Guns are rare and secondary in this game, most of the combat is hand to hand.

I would suggest you rent or play a friend's copy first before purchasing.

outcry

Nov 1, 2009
One of the 13 colonies
I bought it last week. Although it is a cool game I kinda wish I didn't pay full price for it. Too many annoyances that are hard to ignore for a 60 dollar game.
The camera is garbage. I constantly lose melee weapons when entering vehicles. No helicopters or jump button so all those sky scrapers might as well be 3 stories high. Guns are rare and secondary in this game, most of the combat is hand to hand.

I would suggest you rent or play a friend's copy first before purchasing.
That's what makes this game a lot more refreshing than a franchise like GTA. In GTA, it's mostly mindless gunplay that takes over the game, but in Sleeping Dogs, hand-to-hand combat dominates the game. There's no need for a jump button when there's free running. That'd be retarded. Did you just want a GTA clone?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

Wei Shen and the Sun On Yee triad are now available and beautifully remastered on all new consoles. The all-encompassing Definite Edition will include the original game plus all 80+ pieces of DLC. This includes all the mission packs like Nightmare in North Point, Zodiac Tournament, Year of the Snake Pack, and tons of other packs. All preorders will also include a limited edition artbook that inspired the game’s visual direction and art style

Preorder:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MA5TSFQ/?tag=wackbagcom-20

WadsOfShit

Dead to Everyone on Wackbag.
Oct 10, 2013

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

Wei Shen and the Sun On Yee triad are now available and beautifully remastered on all new consoles. The all-encompassing Definite Edition will include the original game plus all 80+ pieces of DLC. This includes all the mission packs like Nightmare in North Point, Zodiac Tournament, Year of the Snake Pack, and tons of other packs. All preorders will also include a limited edition artbook that inspired the game’s visual direction and art style

Preorder:
http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Dogs-Definitive-Edition-Limited-PlayStation/dp/B00MA5TSFQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408669394&sr=8-1&keywords=sleeping dogs definitive edition
Why did Square Enix need to make this (outside of the money aspect)?

Top Bottom