TV Sleepy Hollow Monday Nights on Fox

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Started yesterday, replays on Friday night. Anyone watch it?

I kind of like it. Some of the fish out of water jokes were corny, but I'm giving it a couple more episodes.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Apr 14, 2004
Just outside NYC
I thought it wasn't bad. I plan on giving it a couple more episodes as well.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I said it in another thread, but I just can't believe this is a show, and that it will last longer than 4-6 shows.
I was reading Defamer's TV preview the other day, and they did Sleepy Hollow.

SHOW: Sleepy Hollow
MOST LIKELY TO: Stretch The Bounds of Logic Further Than Any Other Show This Season

SYNOPSIS: Ichabod Crane dies during a mission for George Washington and wakes up in 2013 in Sleepy Hollow, but the Headless Horseman that was killed by Ichabod before he died himself shows up too. The Horseman is killing again, and only Ichabod can stop him, so he partners up with local law enforcement... even though everyone think he's a crazy person because he can't stop talking about 1776.

WILL THIS MAKE ANY SENSE IN FUTURE EPISODES: Well, the sheriff is willing to partner with a crazy person who talks about being from 1776 and believes that he has killed this Headless Horseman before. So. Um. It's a show about a murderer (and apparently writers) without a brain.

INFO: FOX, Mondays at 9:00 PM / Premieres September 16th

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
This is obviously not a show to be taken as a realistic portrayal, consequently, after suspending disbelief, I found the first episode to be enjoyable. I'm in to watch the show for as long as it holds my interest.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Completely forgot to DVR it, which means it might be a season before I get to it.

AlanSmithee

Oct 11, 2012
I said it in another thread, but I just can't believe this is a show, and that it will last longer than 4-6 shows.
I was reading Defamer's TV preview the other day, and they did Sleepy Hollow.
I felt the same exact way when I heard that this show existed. If it gets a 2nd season then I'll check this show out over the summer.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I might have changed my mind on this after listening to Andy Greenwald's description on Hollywood Prospectus Pod...

"It is SOOO crazy... It's basically like National Treasure meets Once Upon A Time meets Starbucks jokes. The Headless horseman is one of the horseman of the apocolpase... And George Washington was basically dealing with Witches to win the Rev/War, there's cults, and the world is ending... and it's set in Westchester."

"This show owns its craziness, it knows how bonzers it is"

AlanSmithee

Oct 11, 2012
I might have changed my mind on this after listening to Andy Greenwald's description on Hollywood Prospectus Pod...

"It is SOOO crazy... It's basically like National Treasure meets Once Upon A Time meets Starbucks jokes. The Headless horseman is one of the horseman of the apocolpase... And George Washington was basically dealing with Witches to win the Rev/War, there's cults, and the world is ending... and it's set in Westchester."

"This show owns its craziness, it knows how bonzers it is"
Does Sam Roberts play a dashing hero???

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I just read John Noble's going to be on it, so I'm probably going to start watching. I hope it's not another Alcatraz.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
I hate the chick playing the cop, and the whole "Hey, it's 2013, meh" attitude of Crane annoys me, but I'll give it a chance to grow on me.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Anyone watch episode 2? I saw the first 5 minutes before I went to the gym and was already nervous that they have no idea what to do. But I'll still watch it later this week.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Anyone watch episode 2? I saw the first 5 minutes before I went to the gym and was already nervous that they have no idea what to do. But I'll still watch it later this week.
I have a couple of shows DVRed that I'm going to plow throw eventually, including this one.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
I didn't hate #2. It gave me hope that they'll find some kind of footing. Still feels a little wooden, but better than the first one.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I liked both of them.....Granted there were some issues ...industrial metal walk ways and stairs in tunnels forgotten under the town for over 200 years....

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I liked both of them.....Granted there were some issues ...industrial metal walk ways and stairs in tunnels forgotten under the town for over 200 years....
That was annoying me too. Lazy production design.

Anyone else think the shots of the Four Horsemen in the trailer for upcoming episodes purposely looked like the picture from the Judas Priest Nostradamus album? Like they googled "Four Horsemen" and just ripped it off exactly?

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I was in after watching the first episode (I was teetering on the fence after the Headless Horseman was using the guns stolen from Harolds gun safe) but after watching the second I am on the border of not watching anymore. I will watch a few more and see what happens. Was anyone else reminded of Terminator 2 when abbies sister aka Sarah Conner was doing pull ups in the nut hut?

I don't know how I feel about Orlando Jones being in the show or the dead sheriff that is now haunting Abbie and being her spirit guy. He reminds me too much of his role in Pet Sematary 2.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I was in after watching the first episode (I was teetering on the fence after the Headless Horseman was using the guns stolen from Harolds gun safe) but after watching the second I am on the border of not watching anymore. I will watch a few more and see what happens. Was anyone else reminded of Terminator 2 when abbies sister aka Sarah Conner was doing pull ups in the nut hut?

I don't know how I feel about Orlando Jones being in the show or the dead sheriff that is now haunting Abbie and being her spirit guy. He reminds me too much of his role in Pet Sematary 2.
Sister is gonna become possessed by the 2nd demon...

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Was anyone else reminded of Terminator 2 when abbies sister aka Sarah Conner was doing pull ups in the nut hut?
There's no way you couldn't be reminded of Sarah Connor.

The interesting thing is this addition of the dead cop and all his research, originally Ichabod and the cop found an old library with all these old documents left behind, maybe they thought that was too much like "National Treasure".

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
I am watching S01E03 right now and the FOx affiliate in boston broadcast it in SD over the HD or something because it looks like shit. I know it is the HD feed but it looks horrible

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
I am watching S01E03 right now and the FOx affiliate in boston broadcast it in SD over the HD or something because it looks like shit. I know it is the HD feed but it looks horrible

Did you try it On demand?