SNL or Mad TV?

Which do you find funnier:

• Total voters

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
I tend to find Saturday Night Live funnier. I will say though, the cast of MAD TV works HARD as shit to get there laughs, especially back when it first got on the air, with the original cast.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Both suck is right,,,,,I liked it back in the day with Eddie Murphy and the master= Mr. Chevy Chase....(not old enough to enjoy them live, however i've seen the dvd's :) )

Also liked the, Chris Farley days=

Hey you kids are probably saying to yourselves: I'm gonna go out there and grab the world by the tail! and wrap it around and pull it down and put it in my pocket. Well I'm here to tell you that you're probably going to find out, as you go out there, that you're not going to amount to jack squat!

Dec 3, 2005
I think SNL deliberately tries to be unfunny now. I can't watch more than a minute of it.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
Which testicle would you prefer to have ripped off by a polar bear, lefty or righty?

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Mad TV is much funnier than SNL, which hasn't been all that funny since the early to mid 90s (although I will agree that Mad TV was better a few years ago than it is now).

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
I voted SNL but they're both so bad that I actively try to avoid watching either.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
If we were to go by this season, both are pretty horrible. Mad TV, didn't have their season premire till this month and I have no idea what they're trying to accompolish. SNL, even before the writer's strike, started to rerun shows, that aired earlier in the season. If we are to look at the entire body of work of both shows, considering each have had highs and lows, over a combined 40+ years on TV, I would say its a tie.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
SNL. As bad as SNL can get, it has never sunk to the depths of the sheer repetitive idiocy that is MadTV. Any show that not only develops a character like Stuart or Miss Swan but makes them a staple does not deserve a best anything.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
I haven't watched SNL in like 5 years and MadTV in about 2.
The last few SNL's I did watch were absolute punishment, the kind of show you have to cover your face because it's embarrassing to watch. MadTV was way funnier at that time.

I doubt I would find the new SNL any funnier as I had the unfortunate oppurtunity to sit through one half (I could never hate myself enough to finish it) of what is the worst movie I have seen in the last 5 years, Hot Rod, and I know that at least 3 of the current SNL regulars are responsible for that grade Z Napolean Dynamite wannabe (and that's pretty fucking bad, because Napolean Dynamite was godawful).

Jan 6, 2006
Where's the option to change the channel?

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I too would have voted neither. But SNL would've clobbered Mad TV way back in the 70's, 80's (including the Piscopo days), and 1/2 of the 90's. I've actually had the courage to tune into SNL on occasions lately and I'm not laughing, nor am I getting their witty humor. They try to pull off this stupid humor that just doesn't make sense...it's the equivalent of having a character walk into a room with a balloon taped to his head and he's acting like the balloon is supposed to be there and everybody else in the room goes along with it in a wacky sort of way.

And I understand that skits are developed through the week and that it's hard for the cast to memorize lines, but damn, they read word for word from the cue cards that are barely even near where they're supposed to look. That happened back in the day, but I would only see short peeks at the cue cards from guys like Farley, Hartman, Carvey, and even Sandler. And speaking of Hartman, I think we were pretty spoiled with his great impersonation of Clinton and Reagan and Carvey's of Bush. Will Forte has to give up the Bush impersonation cuz it was awful.

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
Both should be taken off the air and never spoken of again.

The Sarge

Guess who.
Jul 24, 2005
Germany.
I didn't put the "3rd option" down, which would have been "Both Stink". However, this is one or the other.:icon_wink

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
Shows like these are prime reasons I left TV years ago.

And hearing about them is keeping me from ever wondering what's happening there.

Jables2002

Breaking Down The 8th Wall
Jul 1, 2005
Corona, CA
I voted for SNL because I feel there is a small glimmer of hope [Jimmy Stewart] we can turn this thing around [/Jimmy Stewart]. The Lonely Island comedy team are a big asset, and I really liked Hot Rod, and I think 80% of the SNL Digital Shorts are pretty funny. It's not much, but I don't have anything else more productive to do with my life other than watch t.v. and listen to O&A.

Comedy is so subjective, so don't even try to argue with me.
Fuck all of you in advance.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Gotta admit that both pretty much suck now, although personally I found MAD TV better than SNL over the past few years, or mainly after the post Will Ferrell Era.

One thing I dont like is both shows over-reliance on digital shorts and pre-recorded bits. What the hell happened to doing a show in front of an audience ? Hell, I dont think MAD TV has done one true sketch in front of an audience yet from what Ive seen this season.