SNL Ripping off chip?

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
Maybe this is a commonplace thing at NBC ...

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
What's that?

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
I watched that disaster of a sketch and didnt think of chip... it just stunk.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
First SNL I've watched in a while (since Louis CK hosted) and I didn't hate it. That Christoph Waltz is a charming guy. I liked the papal retirement commercial and the Russian girl on Weekend Update talking about how she wanted the meteor to kill her. And Jay Pharoah's Stephen A Smith always makes me laugh. Anyone else find Kate McKinnon weirdly hot? No? Just me? Okay. I hope I never hear another Alabama Shakes song in my life. If you're going to be a terrible band with a female singer, at least have the decency to make it a hot one.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
Farley sandler spade era. Then ferrel oteri era. Nothing since then. The writing is terrible and the bands suck.
Absolutley....I was a huge HUGE fan of SNL in the '90s, went through high school and college loving and eagerly watching the Phil Hartman/Norm McDonald/Farley/Spade/Sandler/ era and then the Will Ferrell/Tracy Morgan/Jimmy Fallon era that phased out around 2003. Except for a few moments here and there the show has been lifeless, boring and just awful through and through for a long time now. The cast sucks, the writing sucks. I only watch it out of habit if I'm home on a Saturday night not expecting to laugh once.

I've been thinking about this recently....the show sucks and has for awhile. But the entertainment establishment and pop culture has deemed SNL cool and hip to watch even if it really sucks. Back in the mid '90s it wasn't considered cool to watch SNL, it was considered outdated and unfunny and those same people wanted it to go away. I don't know how much politics plays into it, they did take note at how Tina Fey could bash Sarah Palin week after week and sway public opinion. I put a lot of blame on overrated Tina Fey, she was head writer when the show started taking a drastic slide into mediocrity and now Seth Myers, who also sucks as Weekend Update host because he shouts all his lines. If you want the show to be funny again, Lorne Micheals really needs to clean house of his writing staff and cast but he's not going to do so because the ratings have been good and nobody in the industry is hating on his show like they did in the '80s and mid '90s.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
First SNL I've watched in a while (since Louis CK hosted) and I didn't hate it. That Christoph Waltz is a charming guy. I liked the papal retirement commercial and the Russian girl on Weekend Update talking about how she wanted the meteor to kill her. And Jay Pharoah's Stephen A Smith always makes me laugh. Anyone else find Kate McKinnon weirdly hot? No? Just me? Okay. I hope I never hear another Alabama Shakes song in my life. If you're going to be a terrible band with a female singer, at least have the decency to make it a hot one.
she was quite the unattractive fat woman. Yuck. I couldnt really pay attention to the music because of how distracted I was by her uglyness

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
Well I LOL'd at the clip there were some funny lines, but I love chip too.

KR1288

Mar 23, 2012
Lower Bucks
Can't wait for the boys to bitch and moan that they're stealing chip

Dec 12, 2007
Can't wait for the boys to bitch and moan that they're stealing chip
Any excuse to hear angry Jimmy is ok in my books. Happy showbiz doesn't want to step on any toes Jimmy is not as funny.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Remember when Bill Brasky hunted down and killed all four of the Banana Splits?
Remember when Steve Martin said that funny line while hosting that funny show years after he stopped saying funny lines in funny movies?