Snow Pants

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Fuck, I don't know, I'm from Arizona...the interwebs are all over the place...

Are you supposed to wear regular pants under them, or just long underwear?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Fuck, I don't know, I'm from Arizona...the interwebs are all over the place...

Are you supposed to wear regular pants under them, or just long underwear?
If you are coming to Colorado, shorts will do.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Zion and Bryce - supposed to be be 20's to 40's at best first of March

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Mostly long underwear when I go skiing. If you are talking about hiking, you may want to think about a layering system rather than snow pants alone. it will be cold and windy along the rim at Bryce for sure but if you go down in among the hoodoo's the temp will rise fast and there will be little to no breeze making you wish you could take off the snow pants.

Personally if I am doing what you are talking about, I'd layer with some light synthetic long underwear, a pair of convertable hiking pants and then either a very lightly insulated set of snow pants or just a pair of wind breakers with side zippers. The side zippers will let you vent your pants if you start sweating and also make them easier to put on and take off without removing your hiking boots. You'll stay pretty warm if you do a lot of hiking and you don't need to start sweating because that is when you'll start to get cold.

Go to the REI there and talk to some of the tree hugging hippies that work there. Some of them actually know what they are talking about. I discovered the smellier they are, the more they seem to know.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Mostly long underwear when I go skiing. If you are talking about hiking, you may want to think about a layering system rather than snow pants alone. it will be cold and windy along the rim at Bryce for sure but if you go down in among the hoodoo's the temp will rise fast and there will be little to no breeze making you wish you could take off the snow pants.

Personally if I am doing what you are talking about, I'd layer with some light synthetic long underwear, a pair of convertable hiking pants and then either a very lightly insulated set of snow pants or just a pair of wind breakers with side zippers. The side zippers will let you vent your pants if you start sweating and also make them easier to put on and take off without removing your hiking boots. You'll stay pretty warm if you do a lot of hiking and you don't need to start sweating because that is when you'll start to get cold.

Go to the REI there and talk to some of the tree hugging hippies that work there. Some of them actually know what they are talking about. I discovered the smellier they are, the more they seem to know.
The ones I settled on are thinly insulated with zippers at the ankles and inside each knee with vents underneath. With synthetic long underwear alone, they're a little loose but have those velcro waist adjusters that work well. With ripstop nylon hiking pants, they're snug at the waist but not choking. Might get uncomfortable with both. Grassy ass for the detailed info.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
Snow pants.....

Snow pants are for little kids that go sledding, if you are simply camping just buy some flannel lined jeans

What are you planning to do in these snow pants?

Never mind you answered as I was typing

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
The ones I settled on are thinly insulated with zippers at the ankles and inside each knee with vents underneath. With synthetic long underwear alone, they're a little loose but have those velcro waist adjusters that work well. With ripstop nylon hiking pants, they're snug at the waist but not choking. Might get uncomfortable with both. Grassy ass for the detailed info.
Keep the vents open.

People have survived much worse with a whole lot less and lived.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
With gear like that it’s more about not getting sweaty than it is staying super warm

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Snow pants.....

Snow pants are for little kids that go sledding, if you are simply camping just buy some flannel lined jeans

Flannel lined jeans sound awful. I could climb Everest in those and be the only person who ever died of overheating.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Snow pants.....

Mostly hiking. I'm OCD about planning so a lot of contingency shit tends to happen. I just don't want weather conditions preventing us enjoying every day - rain, snow, or shine. I'm shying away from jeans because I'm told they take forever to dry, so planning on the synthetic longjohns and pants mostly, wool blend socks, and some decent Columbia boots. I wear the pants in the summer here so they're not warm or cool, just decently breathable, kind of wind resistant, and quick to dry. The snow pants were for if it does stay in the 30's all day and/or it rains or snows - be nice to have a full water resistant outerwear top to bottom.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
I'm shying away from jeans because I'm told they take forever to dry,
For hiking and camping stay away from anything wearable that is cotton. It absorbs and holds water/sweat and takes a long time to dry. Go with wool or synthetics. Anything that wicks sweat and moisture away from your body will be better. If you can stay dry, you can stay warm.

Also don't forget to drink your own piss.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Mostly hiking. I'm OCD about planning so a lot of contingency shit tends to happen. I just don't want weather conditions preventing us enjoying every day - rain, snow, or shine. I'm shying away from jeans because I'm told they take forever to dry, so planning on the synthetic longjohns and pants mostly, wool blend socks, and some decent Columbia boots. I wear the pants in the summer here so they're not warm or cool, just decently breathable, kind of wind resistant, and quick to dry. The snow pants were for if it does stay in the 30's all day and/or it rains or snows - be nice to have a full water resistant outerwear top to bottom.
Snow pants are unnecessary unless you're laying in the snow. They'll get hot way too fast. You'd be better off with rain gear on top of your layered clothing for when the weather turns.

mr. sin

if you want a really good snow pant ck out https://trewgear.com/collections/mens-snow-pants/products/mens-eagle-pant#
the quality, cust srvc are amazing...fyi their down jackets fucking rock

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
Merino wool

/end questions

Merino wool wicks moisture, keeps you warm and dry.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Just cheap...I'm a non-denominational tightwad.