So apparently Opie has been fired from SiriusXM...

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Opie's name has been removed from the SiriusXM website and his show has been removed from the schedule.

No confirmation on this just yet. But I'm guessing filming Roland in the bathroom was the last straw.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Opie's name has been removed from the SiriusXM website and his show has been removed from the schedule.

No confirmation on this just yet. But I'm guessing filming Roland in the bathroom was the last straw.
Did many people here legitimately still listen to his show? I'm not saying that just as a 'hater' but you regularly see Jim and Ant spoken about and what they're up to, Opie nah.

If he has been fired and they do the OnA show on Ants platform I will no doubt give it a shot.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Did many people here legitimately still listen to his show? I'm not saying that just as a 'hater' but you regularly see Jim and Ant spoken about and what they're up to, Opie nah.

If he has been fired and they do the OnA show on Ants platform I will no doubt give it a shot.
I know I canceled my sub so many months ago because I just couldn't listen anymore. It wasn't fun. It was just a money sinkhole at that point.

But you can see it here. No one really talks about any of the shows anymore.

And to be honest, I hope O&A don't get back together. The brand is dead. Old radio. We know their dirty laundry. They won't be able to recreate the magic. Just let it die.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I know I canceled my sub so many months ago because I just couldn't listen anymore. It wasn't fun. It was just a money sinkhole at that point.

But you can see it here. No one really talks about any of the shows anymore.

And to be honest, I hope O&A don't get back together. The brand is dead. Old radio. We know their dirty laundry. They won't be able to recreate the magic. Just let it die.
I think it's 50/50 they give it a go. They shouldn't.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line

What happened? Why was Opie taking a photo of Roland in the bathroom? Return of shock jockery? I'm actually surprised Roland is still involved. I'd assume he'd get off the ship early.

I think it's 50/50 they give it a go. They shouldn't.
On the one hand, I see why you say they shouldn't. On the other, why not? I mean really, what else do they have? I have to assume Anthony's audience has leveled out. I don't know where else there is for Opie to go other than be some cog in a podcast network or management with such fresh ideas as "Harass the Interns!" and "Wack pack!" So why not try to see what juice is left in the brand? I'm not saying it would be good. I'm not saying I would listen. In fact, I am saying with relative certainty that I will not. But if they're willing to try it again, it might be worth a shot.

I just realized I stopped listening to O+A so long ago, I never got to do Hashtag bits with them.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
What happened? Why was Opie taking a photo of Roland in the bathroom? Return of shock jockery? I'm actually surprised Roland is still involved. I'd assume he'd get off the ship early.

On the one hand, I see why you say they shouldn't. On the other, why not? I mean really, what else do they have? I have to assume Anthony's audience has leveled out. I don't know where else there is for Opie to go other than be some cog in a podcast network or management with such fresh ideas as "Harass the Interns!" and "Wack pack!" So why not try to see what juice is left in the brand? I'm not saying it would be good. I'm not saying I would listen. In fact, I am saying with relative certainty that I will not. But if they're willing to try it again, it might be worth a shot.

I just realized I stopped listening to O+A so long ago, I never got to do Hashtag bits with them.
You're right, they don't have much else. But there's retirement. At least Opie has plenty of money, not sure about Ant.

LiddyRules

You're right, they don't have much else. But there's retirement. At least Opie has plenty of money, not sure about Ant.
Dude was apparently fired for videotaping his booker taking a dump. Does that sound like a man ready to retire? #Shockjockery

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Dude was apparently fired for videotaping his booker taking a dump. Does that sound like a man ready to retire? #Shockjockery
So was that his great idea to go out in a blaze of glory and notoriety?

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
The Roland bathroom incident was gone over fairly well in this clip where their new producer Paul (?) basically had enough of Opie and Carl's (?) shit.

LiddyRules

The Roland bathroom incident was gone over fairly well in this clip where their new producer Paul (?) basically had enough of Opie and Carl's (?) shit.

Give us a briefing. I'd rather spend the 15 minutes watching Lady Gaga Carpool Karaoke.

He's never been happy deep down.
And here I thought shockjockery came from a place of a healthy soul. If O+A reuinted, would you listen? If not, what would get you to listen?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Give us a briefing. I'd rather spend the 15 minutes watching Lady Gaga Carpool Karaoke.

And here I thought shockjockery came from a place of a healthy soul. If O+A reuinted, would you listen? If not, what would get you to listen?
I would not. Even if Patrice came back to life and was third mic, I would only listen for a day or two.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I made it through a few minutes. Opie is right about the Roland thing. It's the same shit they have been doing for years and suddenly it's a problem. I suspect Roland hates Opie as everyone who knows him long enough does so he used the incident to go after him.

LiddyRules

I would not. Even if Patrice came back to life and was third mic, I would only listen for a day or two.
Strange. Patrice's resurrection crossed my mind too as the only thing that would get me to listen.

It's too bad he couldn't post the video. It would have gone viral...It would be blowing up...his peeps would be talking about it...The Philly crew must have loved it...

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
It's too bad he couldn't post the video. It would have gone viral...It would be blowing up...his peeps would be talking about it...The Philly crew must have loved it...
You're just a hater hiding behind a fake name on the internet
[inhale]
man

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Anthony has said that if Opie has a show on compound it would be his own show. Who knows if it will actually happen.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Not with a bang but a whimper... and a splatter.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
JB hates Opie so much that he wouldn't listen to him even if he could bring people back from the dead.

That's messed up.

LiddyRules

JB hates Opie so much that he wouldn't listen to him even if he could bring people back from the dead.

That's messed up.
Opie isn't bringing Patrice back from the dead. Patrice is brought back from the dead, and then accepts a third mic position with Opie and Anthony. Get your lore right.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Opie isn't bringing Patrice back from the dead. Patrice is brought back from the dead, and then accepts a third mic position with Opie and Anthony. Get your lore right.
Your lore don't make no sense. If Patrice comes back from the dead, he gets his own show. It's ridiculous to think a guy brought back from the dead would have to settle for third mic. He at least gets a gig hosting The Talking Dead.

So your premise requires Opie or Anthony to be voodoo priests who have control over their resurrected zombie slaves. I don't picture a world where Opie and/or Anthony are resurrecting people and the only one brought back is Patrice. I don't care who it is interviewing zombie JFK - I'm fucking listening.

Last edited:

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Your lore don't make no sense. If Patrice comes back from the dead, he gets his own show. It's ridiculous to think a guy brought back from the dead would have to settle for third mic. He at least gets a gig hosting The Talking Dead.

Sp your premise requires Opie or Anthony to be voodoo priests who have control over their resurrected zombie slaves. I don't picture a world where Opie and/or Anthony are resurrecting people and the only one brought back is Patrice. I don't care who it is interviewing zombie JFK - I'm fucking listening.
I'm Aaron Mahnke, and this is Lore.