So apparently Opie has been fired from SiriusXM...

NotSoFast

Um, what? It's basically industry standard for any monthly service to offer deals to people who threaten to cancel. I'm still paying the introductory rate for Comcast internet three years later. And Sirius offered me 6 month deals when I cancelled and that was 5-6 years ago.
Yeah. I canceled a couple of years ago and they offered 3 months for $29.99. There's a big difference between that and 6 months for $20.

Chip Spackler

Donator
Is Opie seriously claiming that Ant was only allowed back because a fraction if Opie's listeners cancelled? His audience was already a fraction of the audience he had with Jim, which was a fraction of the audience they had for O&A. So a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction caused panic at the executive level? Just when you think he can't get any more delusional, he steps up his game to a whole new level.
Opie is getting PMs from people claiming to be his friends.

Trolled like Bobo.

Yeah. I canceled a couple of years ago and they offered 3 months for $29.99. There's a big difference between that and 6 months for $20.
I get emails for 6 months for $30 to reactivate the radio in my car at least once a month even though I have another active radio, so how much concern does that really show?

blazin

I have 3 subs. 2 I do yearly for $99 because they are daily drivers and the third Ive been renewing 5 months for $25 for quite a while, far longer than any of this recent shit with douchebag Opie.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I get emails for 6 months for $30 to reactivate the radio in my car at least once a month even though I have another active radio, so how much concern does that really show?
Your can get 2 months free in most pre owned vehicles right now, no credit card required. I activated it since I'll be traveling a lot this summer. I could probably talk them into extending the free trail through the end of the year.

Wow...I don't know how/when but it really never dawned on me that chip was based on opie...I guess it's because the "what's that" is the central part of the character and that's not something Opiesque...

BTW I was watching the Chip video and my wife said "How the fuck can you listen to that, it's so annoying!" and she left the room :)

mrbucket75

Yeah he acted deaf all the time when Anthony said anything he didnt like or "hear". Whats That?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I think Chip is obviously used by Jimmy to take shots at Opie now, but I don't think it goes back that far, and I certainly don't think he created the character just to passive aggressively mock Opie. That's giving Jimmy both too much and not enough credit.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
I think Chip is obviously used by Jimmy to take shots at Opie now, but I don't think it goes back that far, and I certainly don't think he created the character just to passive aggressively mock Opie. That's giving Jimmy both too much and not enough credit.
There is a clip from a good few years ago and chip was completely different, I think he was the child character that became shit I cant even remember the name now. The shots at Opie werent as open I suppose, but every time opester made terrible jokes the chip snort was there and the character was goading opies terrible stories, he seemed to appear as a result of something the board op said. Opie was absolutely an inspiration for the character.

This was brought up on air to Jim if chip was opie and he didnt do much to deny it

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Chip isn't just to mock Opie but I believe he is a strong inspiration. The above video make a strong case.
Early on, it was probably more "laughing with" The Opster, even though 99% likely went over his head. Later, I think some of it was an inside joke as Ant, and the others picked up on it.

Pigdango

Donator
Chip isn't just to mock Opie but I believe he is a strong inspiration. The above video make a strong case.
Early on, it was probably more "laughing with" The Opster, even though 99% likely went over his head. Later, I think some of it was an inside joke as Ant, and the others picked up on it.
Making a Murderer made a strong case too. You can do a lot with selective editing.

Pigdango

Donator
So you believe Avery did it!

Finally.
I have no idea if he did it. I do believe the police tampered with evidence and that Avery should be given a new trial.

Stig

Fucking your mother.
I think that what we've learned here is that Opie and Chip are equally infuriating to listen to.

NotSoFast

What I've learned here is that a fuck load of people seem to know a lot about shows they claim not to listen to.

So based on today's show from Montreal, Opie also can't get along with Club Soda Kenny. A listener asked where Kenny wasn't there and Jim mentioned that he left the company before his contract was up "due to a person laity conflict - and it wasn't with Jim and Sam." So now the list of people who he doesn't get along with includes Ant, Jim, Sam, Vos, Roland, and Kenny. I'm probably forgetting someone, but can he really have issues with that many co-workers & employees and not realize that he's the common denominator?

So now the list of people who he doesn't get along with includes Ant, Jim, Sam, Vos, Roland, and Kenny.

can he really have issues with that many co-workers & employees and not realize that he's the common denominator?
And Rick. (Who I'm friends with on Facebook and actually seems like a decent dude).

In 20 years has he ever shown even a hint of the self-awareness necessary to make that realization?