So, how are you handling your family-induced rage?

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
I would welcome any input that is productive.

My family is relocating far far away for work (hawaii from NJ) and my mother and sister now apparently hate me.

Yes, F-them is an easy response...but I'd welcome input from those who've been thru something similar.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
More details. Are they mad you're not moving too or something?

Kugzilla

Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
yes, but any strategies for dealing with the innordinate amount of rage I feel right now?

generoso

Blueberry Coffee diva.
Aug 5, 2004
Long Island ,NY
well once you invite them for a holiday dinner at a Hawaiian beach. I think that will all blow over. My family was once very close but now we all moved except for me. I bought the ole family homestead. Plus if you ever get home sick just look out window 72 degrees sunny all day 365 a year..That will cure any problems..Need a cert. electrician there BTW

Kugzilla

Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
They both live alone, and my family has been then only show in town.

Moving is way out of character for our family, which is one of the reasons we are doing it.

They have been saving up the cruel...and honestly, I'm going to pop. I'm a pretty mellow guy, but this has been building.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
They both live alone, and my family has been then only show in town.

Moving is way out of character for our family, which is one of the reasons we are doing it.

They have been saving up the cruel...and honestly, I'm going to pop. I'm a pretty mellow guy, but this has been building.
So.... let me get this straight.. you are moving from New Jersey to Hawaii, and you are pissed about being in a tropical area with half nekkid women roaming around eveywhere?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I would welcome any input that is productive.

My family is relocating far far away for work (hawaii from NJ) and my mother and sister now apparently hate me.

Yes, F-them is an easy response...but I'd welcome input from those who've been thru something similar.
I don't even know where to begin. My family is crazy too. My mother hates change, in any form. She fights it tooth and nail. My father doesn't have what it takes to put a stop to her nonsense. My brother and I both got married in the last 3 years. She created lots of un-necessary drama at the time of my brother's wedding, seemingly with the intent to try and derail the whole thing. I learned from this and kept her out of the planning of my own wedding. Other crap happened (I put my foot down in regards to other issues) and my parents almost didn't come. But, on to present-day... I've just moved on. I realize nothing's going to change and I just need to live my life and let other people live with their own insanity. My brother has done the same thing.

Go to Hawaii and be happy.

So.... let me get this straight.. you are moving from New Jersey to Hawaii, and you are pissed about being in a tropical area with half nekkid women roaming around eveywhere?
No, re-read his post. He's pissed because he's being shit on by his mother & sister for moving.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
Tell them to quit being so selfish, you're doing what's best for your family. Tell them the same line everyone else uses when it comes to family "It's for the kids".

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
my sons autistic, his school asked if i was taking him on tg... i called my brother where i was eating cause my moms up from Fla. he said hes welcome..

So day before tg im playing golf with my dad and my dad casualy mentions my brothers doesnt want my son there because it may disturb his guests.

I told his school/home that yes i would be picking him up... now i have too.

my mom calls on tg day asking when we are arriving so she can se her grandson...I have to inform her we aint goin.

i tell her to just be quiet about it i dont want no bs.

she has a big mouth.

so its tg day,,, im with my son at 9 am.. and nowhere to go... plus im kinda homeless... well. no place of my own.... staying with my gf who lives in a condo that is emaculate... my son would destroy... (cant go there) soim stuck driving around woth my son.. ( who like to put punishing beating on me while i drive all day...

were starving cause everythings closed.

my dad finaly says if we come over his house we can eat real fast and get out before his guests arrive.

some family my poor son has surrounding him.

add his cunt mom and lets just say i hope i never get hit by a truck or hes pretty much fucked.

family.............. whats that?

ohh n my dad stuck up for my big brother as usual... saying its a business decision... lol

familys arent businesses dad.

well, mine is.

Kugzilla

Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
I'm slightly mellower today. Can't wait to land in Honolulu

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
No, re-read his post. He's pissed because he's being shit on by his mother & sister for moving.

Ahhhhhh.... I read it three times the first time, but now i understand. Gotcha

Good luck bro :action-sm

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
my sons autistic, his school asked if i was taking him on tg... i called my brother where i was eating cause my moms up from Fla. he said hes welcome..

So day before tg im playing golf with my dad and my dad casualy mentions my brothers doesnt want my son there because it may disturb his guests.

I told his school/home that yes i would be picking him up... now i have too.

my mom calls on tg day asking when we are arriving so she can se her grandson...I have to inform her we aint goin.

i tell her to just be quiet about it i dont want no bs.

she has a big mouth.

so its tg day,,, im with my son at 9 am.. and nowhere to go... plus im kinda homeless... well. no place of my own.... staying with my gf who lives in a condo that is emaculate... my son would destroy... (cant go there) soim stuck driving around woth my son.. ( who like to put punishing beating on me while i drive all day...

were starving cause everythings closed.

my dad finaly says if we come over his house we can eat real fast and get out before his guests arrive.

some family my poor son has surrounding him.

add his cunt mom and lets just say i hope i never get hit by a truck or hes pretty much fucked.

family.............. whats that?

ohh n my dad stuck up for my big brother as usual... saying its a business decision... lol

familys arent businesses dad.

well, mine is.

Why the hell didn't your brother have the balls to say no to you when you first asked him?? Sweet jesus, that's his nephew, regardless of his handicap. I guess I'm different - that boy would've been at my house and if my guests didn't like it they could've left.

Sorry your Thanksgiving got so fucked up Chris. Hopefully Christmas will go a lot smoother

Kugzilla

Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
Oddly, it's comforting to know that others are eaqually pissed off at their kinfolk

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
there is a reason that you only see them maybe 3 or 4 times a year, i got stuck with my mother, who thankfully didn't drink, but did proceed to embarrass me only 6 or 9 times.

oh and tell them to fuck off your moving

Kugzilla

Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
I could have put this on the FU forum, but decided to re-visit this thread. I write this really just so I can see if it makes any more sense after I post it. I'm not optimistic.

So...we've been here on Oahu since December. The family (mother/sister) has been only irritating, until today.

We are set to visit Philly/NJ starting tomorrow and.....cue the drum roll....

They've lost their minds one day away from when we are due to arrive. I had everything all set-scheduled visits so they could see the kids, etc...and...now it's not good enough. Sister decides because we are going back to our old town and seeing some friends Sunday afternoon, that we have disrespected her by not making time for her, even though we had plans with her Friday, Saturday, later on Sunday, and Monday.

She's decided to stay home, canceling her hotel and pet sitter. I just don't get it.

Sigh. Thought writing it out would make me less furious. And they wonder why the fuck I moved away. THANKS FOR THE REMINDER SIS!

kimothee

Token Gimpy Cunt
Aug 31, 2004
The Edge of the Water, Norf Jersey
A lesson I learned very early in life is that you can't pick your family, but you can pick your friends who are often more supportive in good and bad times than your family. Visit the people you want to see, and who want to see you, and inform them that there will not be any return visits for quite some time.