So I guess we're doing this again...

The Keeed

Nov 20, 2006
From Opieradio.com, the "Opie & Anthony 'Last Show' Countdown."

The countdown by the way stands at 33 weeks, 6 days, and for whatever reason an hour and change, which makes me think he set it to PM instead of AM.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
This is the only thing that annoys me about Opie.

The threatening to quit thing is just aggravating.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
When you realize they're just fighting for a paycheck it's easier to ignore.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
As much as I love the show I hope Sirius/XM calls him on his bluff and doesn't offer him a new contract.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Obviously I don't want the show to go away but the cancellation phone call to Sirius would be pretty satisfying.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft

HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON, Itssssss not the obsession with YouTube dislikessss, all thingss viral, the Kardashian hour, or the uninformed sports talk that annoys you, it's just this? Personally, the daily management bitching (who cares about studio lighting or hallway posters for a radio show?. & the whole iRob douche moment made realize that management chasing some of the "talent" away wouldn't be that bad.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Obviously I don't want the show to go away but the cancellation phone call to Sirius would be pretty satisfying.
That would be an awesome phone call to make. I think I would have a script ready to really fuck with the cancellation team.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Sorry, I forgot the *.

One of my honest joys is fucking with the shitty telemarketers that call my house, I would really enjoy cancelling my subscription to the point where I would go out of my way to really mess with those people.

blueribbie

registered dick hole
Jun 16, 2006
But I thought it's gonna be a lot different this time?
And he has F U money?
Those guys are just ihdee-ehts for not taking him serious this time!!

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Sorry, I forgot the *.

One of my honest joys is fucking with the shitty telemarketers that call my house, I would really enjoy cancelling my subscription to the point where I would go out of my way to really mess with those people.
Oh okay, I sometimes see sarcasm where none was intended.

I just hope they would ask me why I was cancelling. Does anyone know if they do that?

sadmachine

for the trees, tss
Nov 18, 2009
They the ones eatin' the pie!

Sep 28, 2010
Oh well looks like i'm listening to music only in Oct.

I'm not going to upload a podcast to my iphone everyday.

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
But he doesn't need SiriusXM anymore... he's got other irons in the fire. Like, making street videos. There's money in that... right?

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
That would be an awesome phone call to make. I think I would have a script ready to really fuck with the cancellation team.
Um you guys do realize that the people you talk to to cancel could not care less that you're cancelling or give a shit how you feel. Just letting you know. They are just gonna roll their eyes and laugh about what you guys said later on break.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Um you guys do realize that the people you talk to to cancel could not care less that you're cancelling or give a shit how you feel. Just letting you know. They are just gonna roll their eyes and laugh about what you guys said later on break.
Stop being Mr. Buzzkill, I dont care about how they feel afterwords but I want them to think they can keep me as a subscriber for as long as possible before telling them they can go shit in their hat. I hate dealing with any people at cable/cell phone/etc companies so I try to entertain myself by making it as difficult as possible for them. I could care less if they laugh at or mock me after I get off the phone with them.

Sep 28, 2010
But they get out of bed being smelly and Indian, so i win.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Probably. But I'll still enjoy it, so fuck them.

The Keeed

Nov 20, 2006
I for one don't want the show to go away. These antics certainly don't help. I don't even think they help get them a better deal from our perspective.

I think a reason people hate their bitching is that very little of their grievances would actually improve the show if fixed. Yeah it would be nice if they could do the same contests they used to, but other than that: the lack of a studio audience, the super bowl, their original XM salaries, the posters in the lobby, the fucking lights...does any of this really affect the show?

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON, Itssssss not the obsession with YouTube dislikessss, all thingss viral, the Kardashian hour, or the uninformed sports talk that annoys you, it's just this? Personally, the daily management bitching (who cares about studio lighting or hallway posters for a radio show?. & the whole iRob douche moment made realize that management chasing some of the "talent" away wouldn't be that bad.
I'm not an Opie hater. Sorry. I enjoy the show.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I for one don't want the show to go away. These antics certainly don't help. I don't even think they help get them a better deal from our perspective.

I think a reason people hate their bitching is that very little of their grievances would actually improve the show if fixed. Yeah it would be nice if they could do the same contests they used to, but other than that: the lack of a studio audience, the super bowl, their original XM salaries, the posters in the lobby, the fucking lights...does any of this really affect the show?
I think no studio audience does. No to all the others.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
This.

I don't get what Opie is thinking. "Oh I want this and that and a better deal. How do I go about it?... Oh I know, I'm gonna talk shit, insult, and upset the people that I want this stuff from."

It's basic human nature. If someone is insulting you that last thing you are going to do is help them. Any grown adult understands that.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA

They should quit, though. Podcasting isn't profitable but it definitely seems like more fun. Fuck SiriusXM.