So I just picked up a Wii

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
So I went out on my lunch break (I work 2nd shift) and picked up a Wii for my wife. Her birthday is tommorow, and she kept talking about wanting one for months after playing her brothers. So whats the deal with these things? Is there online play like xbox live? Is there a Wii version of the 360 arcade? I doubt I am gonna pick up any real games. We only played games like Big Brain Acadamy, and Wii Sports at her brothers house, and I have a 360, so I am probably set with serious gaming on the Wii. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, like I asked before... what can I expect other than just the normal "play a game from a disk" from the Wii?

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
yuo can download old school nes, snes, turbographix, neogeo, and N64 games off of the virtual console. There is online game like 360 but not alot out now... super smash comes out in december which will be the big wii online game.

Def get zelda and resident evil 4 for great 1 player gaming, as for good multi stuff Wario Ware, super monkey ball, Wiiplay, raving rabbits are all good "party" games

Evilton

Why do black people call each other "Monica"?
Oct 1, 2006
Well if you stand when you play its like a workout. oh and theres a starwars game coming out someday.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
Well if you stand when you play its like a workout. oh and theres a starwars game coming out someday.

although appreciated, this was probably the poorest attempt ever at helping someone.:icon_lol:

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
GET METROID PRIME 3!!!!!!!
Best game for the Wii.
Resident Evil 4 is great as is Zelda. Online play is limited to a few games, Mario Strikers(soccer), Pokemon, Madden.

Medal of Honor Heroes comes out in November with 32 person online multiplayer. I hope they come close to what Metroid Prime 3 did with the controls. Also in November these titles come out.....
Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles(light gun game)
Ghost Squad(also light gun game)

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
forgot guitar hero 3 is next week!!!

and damn blee money is tight in the Balz/Angel house lately and now you hit me with that list plus guitar hero!!

fuck

rndystvn

May 25, 2005
just getting it Wii sports will hold you over for some time. Bowling will hold your intrest for months.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
forgot guitar hero 3 is next week!!!

and damn blee money is tight in the Balz/Angel house lately and now you hit me with that list plus guitar hero!!

fuck
Join the club bro. Why the fuck do they relaese all of these games in one month???? The wife will get one of the games for me for my birfday(hopefully Medal of Honor). The others will have to wait until after xmas.:arrrh::arrrh:

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Yeah, definately pick up Zelda: Twilight Princess. I just recently got around to picking up a Wii as well because I wanted to try out the Wii Games bowling and stuff with the motion controls.

Zelda will keep you busy for a while. It's not like a lot of games nowadays that are short. It's still a long ass game. Most games can be beaten in like 12-20hours but with this Zelda I have already logged 50 hours and I'm just now at the last temple.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Yeah, definately pick up Zelda: Twilight Princess. I just recently got around to picking up a Wii as well because I wanted to try out the Wii Games bowling and stuff with the motion controls.

Zelda will keep you busy for a while. It's not like a lot of games nowadays that are short. It's still a long ass game. Most games can be beaten in like 12-20hours but with this Zelda I have already logged 50 hours and I'm just now at the last temple.
Is it better than Ocarina of Time, which is, IMHO, the greatest game of all time (Only game I have played through twice just so I could complete it 100%)? I heard you can get Ocarina of Time on the Virtual Console...

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
Zelda's are hard to compare to each other. Ocarina is amazing but so is windwaker and a link to the past.

Lets put it this way... it is a GREAT game and if you're a zelda fan you will NOT be disappointed.

And yes for 10 dollars you can dl ocarina

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
GET METROID PRIME 3!!!!!!!
Best game for the Wii.
Resident Evil 4 is great as is Zelda. Online play is limited to a few games, Mario Strikers(soccer), Pokemon, Madden.

Medal of Honor Heroes comes out in November with 32 person online multiplayer. I hope they come close to what Metroid Prime 3 did with the controls. Also in November these titles come out.....
Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles(light gun game)
Ghost Squad(also light gun game)
Metroid Prime 3 definitely makes great use of the controls. Call of Duty got slammed for screwing up the controls, but Medal of Honor supposedly got it right. Now that the other developers see how to work with the controls ala MP3, the FPS games should get better.

They put out Resident Evil 4 (an updated port of the Game Cube title) to hold people off until Umbrella Chronicles, which is supposed to be more like the big arcade shooters.

BTW, you can also play Game Cube games. The controllers plug into the top. Probably can find a lot of cheap used games.

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
Jul 26, 2005
Seattle
Is it better than Ocarina of Time, which is, IMHO, the greatest game of all time (Only game I have played through twice just so I could complete it 100%)? I heard you can get Ocarina of Time on the Virtual Console...
Ahh but have you played the Master Quest? :)