So, Im finally getting a 360

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Long story short, I won a bet with my boss at work, and my reward is a shiny new Xbox 360 Elite. Im DEFINATELY getting Assassins Creed when it comes out, but I need another game to tide me over in the meantime. Gears of War is out because Im already buying that for the PC later this year. I didnt like Dead Rising when I played it, and Ive never been a big fan of Halo. So, anyone have any suggestions for a good game? I only have enough to get one right away. Ive been considering Ace Combat 6 since I loved 5 and Zero so much.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Get CoD2 for 20 bucks for the time being.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
Dead Rising was ok but it got old fast for me.

Orange Box packs is a lot of fun for the price. 5 games for one isn't a bad deal. Skate is also a lot of fun. The online spot battles are a blast.

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
Oblivion if you like RPGs. Sports games are always pretty good. I will be picking up Orange Box and Assassin's Creed in a few weeks when I get settled into my new house. Otherwise, if you don't like Dead Rising and Halo, then your options are kind of limited.

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies
Jan 26, 2005
Kentucky
Don't forget about the arcade, plenty of fun stuff there.
Like UNO, simple old school game that can be pretty fun.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
Already have Orange Box on the PC, so Im not rebuying it. Have CoD2 for the PC, so Im not really itching to rebuy that, either. Also already have Oblivion for the PC.
Its looking more and more like itll be Ace Combat, heh. Are any of the Need For Speed games good on the 360?

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
Go with Forza 2 if you want a good racer. It is unbelievably deep, and also has enough options in game to make it more driver friendly.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Damn it, double post.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Go with Forza 2 if you want a good racer. It is unbelievably deep, and also has enough options in game to make it more driver friendly.
Providing, of course, that you can get it to run. I can't even get through a race before it locks up my console and I never have problems with other games.

I assume you will be going online. If so, there are lots of great games on LIVE Arcade. Texas Hold 'Em alone will eat your life.

And remember, Mass Effect, likely to be GotY, comes out this month as well. How glad is Bioware that GTAIV was delayed till 2008?

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
Gears of War
Crackdown
Forza 2
Oblivion
Mass Effect
Orange Box

that's all you will need.

Buy Halo 3 if you want to be a faggot

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Gears of War
Crackdown
Forza 2
Oblivion
Mass Effect
Orange Box

that's all you will need.

Buy Halo 3 if you want to be a faggot
You are such and anti Halo homo its weird. Did Master Chief touch you?

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
You are such and anti Halo homo its weird. Did Master Chief touch you?
Halo was fun

Halo 2 wasn't bad, but the MP stunk

Halo 3's MP is no different than Halo 2's, and the level layout in the SP is identical to Halo 2. Real fucking revolution there. If MS and Bungie had progressed the game from Halo 2, I'd be more open to it. And what really pissed me off is MS promoted it as the last Halo game with Master Chief, but guess what, Halo 4 will be on it's way. Halo 3 is not a great game, it's better than some games, but not many A quality ones. Mass Effect will be better SP wise, and fucking TF2 kills Halo 3's mp. Nuff said

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
Skate is amazing.
Bioshock is great I hear.
Halo 3 is great simply because you can always get a good multiplayer round going.
COD4 looks promising. Come see us at the over place when you get your system running.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
Skate is amazing.
Bioshock is great I hear.
Halo 3 is great simply because you can always get a good multiplayer round going.
COD4 looks promising. Come see us at the over place when you get your system running.
I want to try Skate
Bioshock is good, but great it's not
Halo 3 is well, you know how I feel. You can get a good MP round going in TF2 at any time
And I'm still not sold on COD4, but I am curious about it

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
I want to try Skate
Bioshock is good, but great it's not
Halo 3 is well, you know how I feel. You can get a good MP round going in TF2 at any time
And I'm still not sold on COD4, but I am curious about it
You have to download the Skate demo on Live. It's not for everyone, but it's flat-out the best game (for me) that I've played in years. It's the kind of skating game I've wanted since THPS came out. The demo sold me on it.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
You have to download the Skate demo on Live. It's not for everyone, but it's flat-out the best game (for me) that I've played in years. It's the kind of skating game I've wanted since THPS came out. The demo sold me on it.
I've been hearing more and more about it, and after watching that video of it you sent me it made me even more curious

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Is it safe to buy 360s yet? Are they still melting down?

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
Is it safe to buy 360s yet? Are they still melting down?
I think the new ones are all right if you get the premium or elite. I'd stay away from the basic and arcade ones, knowing MS they put the old models left from before in those packs.

I've had two die. One went Nuclear, I sent it in, MS sent me one back with the faulty Hitachi drive that fucked up discs. This one they sent me now seems to work fine.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
I got the holiday bundle, came with Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance in the box. I also bought Ace Combat 6, and preordered the limited editions of Assassin's Creed and GTA4.
Got a technical question: Im playing my 360 on a standard def TV using component video. Why are all the games letterboxed? Is there a way to fix it so theyre fullscreen? Oddly enough, the dashboard shows up in normal mode, no letterboxing.

Also, is there an easy way to move music from my PC to the 360 over my network? I already have Media Center Extender configured to stream to the 360, but I also want to save some music to it to play during games.

AAAAAAAAAnd, how do I redeem my free month of Live Gold? I couldnt find a card or anything in the paperwork in the box. is that for new gamertag accounts only? Im still using my Planklug account I had from the Games For Windows beta and when I had borrowed my buddy's 360.

Slayback

The Host has removed you from the game.
Nov 13, 2006
Fucking Texas
COD 4 is going to be the shit. I was in on the Beta and I can't wait until the 6th. Halo 3 is getting old fast.