So the wedding's real, how much real money should one give

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
So, say you got the invite to the party of the year..no not the rocka hula thing..the wedding. It's real, I mean Arch got invited on air. How much real money should one give. Usually, I'm sure to cover the cost of the meal. What happens if a wedding is sponsored and I imagine there not being a meal at this one. Does one give a C-note? Instead of cash would a Macy's gift card for 2 bills be appropriate?

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
im confused though... isnt a gift given to help cover the expenses of the wedding? most people dont have parents with that kind of money. So what is the point of giving loot to a free wedding?

And yea tony.... is there gonna be food or do I have to eat before this shindig. Also what the fuck does one wear to a wedding at the HARD ROCK CAFE?!

So I guess you were invited tony? :)

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
I give 100 Confederate Dollars

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
What if this wedding was say, oh I don't know, a weekday afternoon? That might impact the menu, no? I think I would just bring some cash & a card & see how it goes. Sure, Ronnie bitched out Pitzy for writing a check at the wedding, but I don't see the harm if it's cash.

Tax Kuntz

just being an ass
I'll just leave it up to my date since SHE is the one that invited me.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
I think a suit and a hundred dollars a guest is appropriate.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Yes...a wedding where invites are sent to listeners a few weeks before and groomsmen aren't selected and the best man may be a randomly picked listener and it's beeing held during an on-air broadcast at a tourist theme restaurant instead of a church.....yeah, THAT'S real.

People got tickets for the Midnight Rider vs. ESD wrestling thing, too. Didn't make it real.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Yes...a wedding where invites are sent to listeners a few weeks before and groomsmen aren't selected and the best man may be a randomly picked listener and it's beeing held during an on-air broadcast at a tourist theme restaurant instead of a church.....yeah, THAT'S real.

People got tickets for the Midnight Rider vs. ESD wrestling thing, too. Didn't make it real.
They're actually getting married and plan on living the rest of their lives together...that makes it real. It doesn't matter if you have a family only traditional wedding, a quick justice of the peace in a courthouse, a vegas wedding complete with Elvis impersonators, or a quiet ceremony with just the couple's parents. Either way it is legitimite and legally binding. Just because it isn't a long drawn out engagement, and they are willing to share the occasion with other listeners doesn't make it a farce.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
They're actually getting married and plan on living the rest of their lives together...that makes it real. It doesn't matter if you have a family only traditional wedding, a quick justice of the peace in a courthouse, a vegas wedding complete with Elvis impersonators, or a quiet ceremony with just the couple's parents. Either way it is legitimite and legally binding. Just because it isn't a long drawn out engagement, and they are willing to share the occasion with other listeners doesn't make it a farce.
I totally think its real.... I just dont have a fuking suit and its gonna be like 90 degrees.
Nevermind the fact that money is super tight right now

If you wear a suit to the Hard Rock you're going to be out of place, and probably will end up ruining it with barbeque sauce too.

As for the gift. The gift is not traditionally supposed to be to defray the cost of the wedding. The gift is supposed to help the new couple on their new life. Since most people are getting married later in life, the gift that is most appropriate for people who already have towels and dishes is money.

If you're lucky enough to get an invite $100 per guest would be appropriate if you can afford it. If not, you give what you can afford.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
I totally think its real.... I just dont have a fuking suit and its gonna be like 90 degrees.
Dude, what size suit do you wear? I have one or two that would have to be altered for you, but you are welcome to them.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
I'll trade you like 2 suits and a few hundred for Angel.
:action-sm

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
I used to sell suits. Balzac is probably a 38S.
I have a black 41R three button single breasted notch that might work for him. (No charge on shipping, he'd pay for the alterations and keep it. One condition, he'd have to french kiss Casey on the recieving line.)

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Well, since I didn't get an invite, and Turtle didn't get an invite, then I guess I'll send him a card with Monopoly money in it, counterfiet monopoly money

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Oh, c'mon. I'm sure your fellow WB'ers will come up with two extra "+ 1's" for Striker & Turtle. :)

Do they still have Toys R Us Jeffery Fun Bucks? That would be nice to slip in an envelope.

I have a black 41R three button single breasted notch that might work for him. (No charge on shipping, he'd pay for the alterations and keep it. One condition, he'd have to french kiss Casey on the recieving line.)

Balzac would be swimming in a 41R.

I got an invite but can't go. I'm gonna send a little something to the happy couple though. I really do wish them the best.

Mystic Pain

The few, The proud, The people that get the show
In all honesty ESD could be talked into being happy with getting a shiny quarter that Mr. B finds behind his ear

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
How much is a pack of Camel Wides in Spring Lake? $2.30?

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
Actually, because of Earl, I never got tickets to go to the match, but Mikeyboy had me on the list. What a f-up that was.

im confused though... isnt a gift given to help cover the expenses of the wedding? most people dont have parents with that kind of money. So what is the point of giving loot to a free wedding?

And yea tony.... is there gonna be food or do I have to eat before this shindig. Also what the fuck does one wear to a wedding at the HARD ROCK CAFE?!

So I guess you were invited tony? :)
Good god no!!! A gift is meant to pay for the costs of the party?

WTF????

In my universe, a party is to celebrate the marriage and a gift is to celebrate; to wish the couple well; and to help them get started in their new life together.

If you are friends of Casey or Dave, you should want to give them a real gift in the same way as if Casey's father paid for the wedding or if they paid for it themselves. The amount depends on your own means, and how close you are to the either of them.

If you are not friends of Casey or Dave, and you are only attending to hear a live radio show, then you can do what you feel is appropriate. But maybe you shouldn't be going to their wedding if you 're not there to wish them well. Do you 'need' to bring a gift if you're not an invited guest? Probably not. But those who consider themselves 'friends' should absolutely bring gifts. Ick.

In greek traditions, even strangers in the neighboring towns who aren't attending the wedding throw money at the new married couple to help them get a start on their life. Every culture has their own traditions.

Sorry B, i always love what you have to say, and you're a great guy-- but the concept that the gift is somehow in proportion to the amount the happy couple had to spend on your entertainment for the evening is just about the worst thing i've ever heard. :kjk: :yuck2: