Soap opera actor killed by pitbull, and vise versa

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Soap-Opera Actor Euthanizes Pet Dog, Kills Self

Updated: Saturday, 28 Jan 2012, 10:12 AM CST
Published : Saturday, 28 Jan 2012, 10:12 AM CST

(NewsCore) - A down-on-his-luck soap-opera actor took his own life this week after he was forced to put his beloved dog to sleep under pressure from his New York City condo, friends said.

Nick Santino euthanized his dog, Rocco, on Tuesday, on Santino's 47th birthday. That night, his guilt over the gut-wrenching decision became too much to bear.

"Today [Tuesday], I betrayed my best friend and put down my best friend," he wrote in a suicide note, according to close friend Stuart Sarnoff. "Rocco trusted me, and I failed him. He didn't deserve this."

Santino -- a struggling actor whose TV credits include "All My Children" and "Guiding Light" -- adopted pit bull Rocco from a shelter several years ago.

The Brooklyn-born performer, who was raised in an orphanage and foster homes, soon began to write about his pet on Facebook, saying, "I did not rescue Rocco, Rocco rescued me."

But in 2010, his building at 1 Lincoln Plaza announced strict new dog regulations, including a ban on pit bulls. The ban did not apply to pit bulls already in the building, but friends and neighbors said Santino began to feel harassed.

"People were complaining about his dog," according to neighbor Kevan Cleary, 63, an adjunct professor at Brooklyn Law School. "It was open season on him."

Rocco could not ride in the main elevators and was not allowed to be left in the apartment alone for more than nine hours.

Santino then was threatened with a $250 fine for having a barking dog, neighbors said.

The building's management refused to comment Friday.

After months of increasing anguish, Santino had the healthy dog put to sleep Tuesday.

Dog owner James Steven Grant said Santino left two rawhide bones on his doorstep and earlier was seen tearfully giving away Rocco's fluffy bed.

A veterinarian told Santino that Rocco was becoming aggressive -- and Santino blamed it on his own depression.

He spent Tuesday in agony over what he did to the dog. The last phone call he made was to a former girlfriend at 2:00am local time Wednesday. Later that day, police found his body in his bedroom. He had overdosed on pills.

Rocco was cremated, and friends said Santino's remains will be, too, and they will be reunited.

"One way or another, their ashes will be together forever," Sarnoff said.
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpps/entert...et-dog-kills-self-dpgonc-20120128-gc_17454398

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Good move stupid. Don't give the dog up for adoption
by someone who could give it a better home. Just kill it.

Too bad the dog took the hit for his problems.

THRILLHO

Apr 5, 2009
Bothell, Wa.
What a jerk off. Why did he think that killing the dog was the answer?

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Soap operas are still being produced?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Santino left two rawhide bones on his doorstep and earlier was seen tearfully giving away Rocco's fluffy bed.
So the asshole gave away the doggie bed, but threw away the dog? What a loser.

Here's his slickly produced demo reel...

[video=youtube;aJqCfoJBVas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJqCfoJBVas[/video]

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
he should have killed himself and let the dog eat him

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute

...Or um, move to a different condo??

What an asshat.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
A few points everyone's ignoring:

1. the dog had to be put down because he was aggressive, and no one wants to adopt an aggressive pit-bull. It wasn't put down because the other tenants were unfairly targeting it.

2. the guy killed himself because he was depressed, not because the dog died.

Both deaths are perfectly justified. There's no reason whatsoever why either the dog or the guy should have continued to live. Your empathy is misplaced in both cases. Sometimes death is better than life.

Aug 12, 2005
PA

This.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
A few points everyone's ignoring:

1. the dog had to be put down because he was aggressive, and no one wants to adopt an aggressive pit-bull. It wasn't put down because the other tenants were unfairly targeting it.

2. the guy killed himself because he was depressed, not because the dog died.

Both deaths are perfectly justified. There's no reason whatsoever why either the dog or the guy should have continued to live. Your empathy is misplaced in both cases. Sometimes death is better than life.
Bullshit. It was misinformed lynch mob mentality that thought all pit bulls are evil. Where does it say the dog was "aggressive?" A barking dog is not necessarily an aggressive dog. He's not allowed to leave the dog alone for more than 9 hours? How is he supposed to make a living?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Bullshit. It was misinformed lynch mob mentality that thought all pit bulls are evil. Where does it say the dog was "aggressive?" A barking dog is not necessarily an aggressive dog. He's not allowed to leave the dog alone for more than 9 hours? How is he supposed to make a living?
"A veterinarian told Santino that Rocco was becoming aggressive -- and Santino blamed it on his own depression."

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
"A veterinarian told Santino that Rocco was becoming aggressive -- and Santino blamed it on his own depression."
Pfft. Silly facts. Still don't doubt that the residents had that mentality. Was he involved in any dog bites or other attacks?

The guy's an idiot for getting a pitbull to live in a condo environment, even before all the added restrictions. He was single and I would imagine his gig as an actor would require him to travel a lot.

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
Yet another instance of a pet killed because of human stupidity.

The people in the condo are assholes too. Maybe they should have been euthanized instead of the dog.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Yet another instance of a pet killed because of human stupidity.

The people in the condo are assholes too. Maybe they should have been euthanized instead of the dog.
Is that what should've happened?

Oh look, a cute puppy died. Excellent, this is my license to shut my brain down, and be as stupid as humanly possible on the Internet.

DJ Evel Ed

MayYourCumCrustedCocksBeConstantlyCoveredInCunt
Nov 30, 2003
Up your ass!
We had a tenant that signed the lease and then said "OH By the way, we have a dog" So we took an extra security deposit for the dog. It turned out to be a Terrier/Sharpei mix (looked like a pit bull so other tenants were afraid) but actually a sweet dog. Unfortunately they left him alone all day so he barked all the time. They just moved out and the carpets are a pretty rainbow of colors and a potpourrie of urine and fecal aromas. How do people live with dog shit stank in a small apt??? Ewww.

Stanley Steemer couldn't get the stankout. BTW...

I'm sure this douchbag bought this poor dog at a puppy mill so his short life sucked from beginning to end. I'm glad he killed himself so we have less irresponsible dog owners around here.

would agree.