SOE to create spy MMO for PS3

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
At least someone has the balls and intelligence to come up with a non-fantasy MMO.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
So Fantasy is in the past, Sci Fi is in the future, and this is in the present but is totally unrealistic.

Unless you wanna make a life simulator, or at least something more rooted in culture like a gang wars/grand theft auto type of MMO, I don't see this as being that much different than a fantasy MMO.

Granted, it looks like it could be interesting, but realism is something I don't tend to look for in an MMO.

Edit: Mind you, I don't have solid proof that this wont be realistic, but a server full of a couple thousand people, all of who are secret agents? What, is every agent on the planet gathering on one tiny location for an all out espionage off? Sounds like fantasy to me.

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
As far as I'm concerned, anything other than a Tolkienesque setting would be refreshing at this point.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Why can't someone just do a tactical shooter MMO? Think Brothers in Arms Hells Highway meets planetside.

I would so be there in a heartbeat.

Plunkies

Why can't someone just do a tactical shooter MMO? Think Brothers in Arms Hells Highway meets planetside.

I would so be there in a heartbeat.
Yeah I've been waiting for something like that for a long time. Planetside was close, unfortunately SOE ruins everything they touch.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Yeah I've been waiting for something like that for a long time. Planetside was close, unfortunately SOE ruins everything they touch.
As flawed as the design of the game was, it still coulda been fucking awsome if they hadn't screwed it all up and if they would have provided more regular content updates.

I was a fucking Reaver/Mosquito whore. All I wanted were empire specific aircraft.

In my oppinion, the way to balance 2 or more diverse sides isn't to make them more the same, it's to make them as different as possible.

Being able to say "My heavy assualt sucks, theres totally pw0nz0rz mine" is what fucks with balance. Make one side have a heavy assualt gun and another side have some completely unrelated shit that can't even be compared as the same thing.

But still, seeing a more tactical game would kick ass. Not that there shouldn't still be a place for shit like surgile.

I hope they work some actually spy type shit into this game, instead of just being a shooter type game with a spy theme. I don't know how you would make that interesting in an MMO, but it seems a waste to be a spy and not be able to do more of that subtle type of spy crap.

Edit: Say spy a few more times there, stupid. I better go to sleep.

Joe Avezzano

MMOs powered by PS3 sweetness would be awesome, but I see two problems. A) There better be keyboard/mouse support or it will be as gay as Oblivion, B) I thought that consoles couldn't support more than maybe a half dozen players at a time.