HitW Solo: A Justice League Story - 09/28/2018

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
After @Pigdango did this without notice and @crippledalbino dared me to, at 9:15, I'm going to attempt to HitW Justice League alone. How long until I get bored? Will anyone join? Will anyone suggest a better movie?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
After @Pigdango did this without notice and @crippledalbino dared me to, at 9:15, I'm going to attempt to HitW Justice League alone. How long until I get bored? Will anyone join? Will anyone suggest a better movie?
You won’t make it until the end, but I hope you make it to Superman saying he’s itchy.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
I really wish the DCEU theme was more a take off of the stuff from Man of Steel and not something that sounds like a non-copyright version of the Marvel Studio themes

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
"Does it stand for hope?"
"Yes."
"It looks like an S."
"It's mean to wind like a river."

Rivers mean hope on Kyrpton?

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
Still say these are the kids from Shazam.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
REL at Batman watching this guy on the roof. It's so bright it just looks silly.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
"Fear. They can smell it."

Isn't Gotham City populated exclusively by frightened people?

What's that weird alarm?

Couldn't he go to Scarecrow if fear was a thing?

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
"It's because they know he's dead right. He's gone. Where does that leave us?"

What a weird thing for a Burglar to say.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
I hope the Battle of Metropolis Memorial has "Dumb Shit Who Wouldn't Let His Office Leave Early."

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
The end of Infinity War wasn't as much of a downer as this opening.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
"Supergerm Could End Humanity." Slow mo fruit kicking. This horrible cover of Leonard Cohen. Starving dog. Why the hell couldn't Whedon just remove that entire sequence? Just - I don't know. Show comic book covers over the credits.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
I also find the Prince/Bowie/Superman newspaper cover weird. It ties it way too into our real world in a way that seems wrong.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
So they're bombing a French building to protest aliens to bring humans back to the dark ages?

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
I forgot how weird the sound effects in this scene were. Plus Danny Elfman's increasingly schizophrenic score.

REL at Wonder Woman speed movement.

And her bracelet clang brought down the building regardless.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
Why doesn't Batman just go the Arthur himself privately? Why is he offering money? He knows what he looks like from the YouTube videos.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
"You ever hear of Superman? He died fighting next to me." What a weird thing to say.

"Dressed like a Bat. You're out of your mind, Bruce Wayne." What a weird thing to say. But Aquaman is growing on me.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
That's one way to get your Flash backstory in there.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
I liked the way they did the split-second hand moving up shot but how come he's not surrounded by crazy blue lightning like every other time he uses his powers?

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
Crudup's jail hoody doesn't seem right to me, and he is terrible in that scene.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
This Cyborg scene is terrible.

... I'm only 20 minutes in.

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
It's your villain everyone. There's this cube we don't know anything about and this guy suddenly shows up in a sequence that seems completely disconnected from the previous 20 minutes.

In Infinity War we connect to Wakanda because main characters we know are there. We get the 6th billed in Wonder Woman?

LiddyRules

Wow! A Text In All Caps!
So Steppenwolf's goal is to get people to love him?