Some Apple stores now charging Entrance Fee

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Cupertino, CA – If you want to see the iPhone at an Apple store, be sure to bring some cash. Large crowds flocking to see the iPhone and next generation iPods have forced Apple to begin charging a $5 entrance fee for Apple stores. Many analysts anticipated the move, and expect a positive response from customers.

"Part of the move was to limit crowds to keep the stores safe, but also we wanted to keep the right kind of people in the stores," said vice president of retail outlets, Vince Sciopiano. "By 'right kind of people' I mean true Apple customers with money, willing to pay just to look at our newest wares."

While Apple Geniuses patrol inside the store, Apple "Muscleheads" will guard the window displays and entrances.

For the $5 fee, customers will get an Apple button which will allow them entrance into the store and is used to track the customer's movements. Sciopiano noted that the $5 fee could be applied to purchases on that visit

Customer reaction at a pilot project at the Apple Store in Canoga Park, California was positive. Alexander Hu, an avid Mac user, said, "I don't mind paying $5 to get into the store, if it keeps out the iPhone gawkers and Windows lusers who want to drool over the new Macs."

Not everyone was pleased though. Kyle Martin said, "Five dollars to just walk into the store? It's like they want to be elite snobs or something."

When told of the criticism, Sciopiano said, "That's exactly the case."

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/07/apple-store-to-being-charging-entrance-fee.html

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
"Part of the move was to limit crowds to keep the stores safe, but also we wanted to keep the right kind of people in the stores," said vice president of retail outlets, Vince Sciopiano. "By 'right kind of people' I mean white people

Who didn't see this coming?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Be fair. If you are given the privilege of looking at Apple products, you should be honored to pay. Those 5 Dollars is your fee for your glimpse into the orgasmic supremacy of Apple products.

Sadly, now Homeless Fez can't go in.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I won't pay $10 to go to a movie, I'm not paying $5 to go into a store .... I'll just go to Sprint where they let me play with all the phones for free ;)

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
...and expect a positive response from customers.
Of course they do. Apple has been shitting into the mouths of their customers since the company was created and their customers have just been gobbling it up and asking for more.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Of course they do. Apple has been shitting into the mouths of their customers since the company was created and their customers have just been gobbling it up and asking for more.
I suspect that most of Apple's consumer base is pre-disposed to that kind of thing.

Thanks, I'll use that for a while if you don't mind.

JesusOnWheels

PAN-FUCKING-TERA
Dec 9, 2004
ABOUT:

Called "the world's greatest tech humour site" by The Register, BBspot creates entertainment for the geekier side of the world. BBspot produces a variety of features like fake news stories satirizing the tech and political worlds...

http://www.bbspot.com/Legal/about.html

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
It's strange timing. The phone has been out for weeks, and I find it hard to believe that the hype is as strong.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
and my mother wonders why i keep telling her not to buy an apple, fuckers wont get a dime out of me for entering there store

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Yes, I noticed that when I visited the link...

Doesn't make Mr. Plunkies' post any less true.

Oh please. I've been a music producer and engineer for years. The only reason I like Macs is because for what I need them to do they do exceptionally well.

For graphics, and for music they are incredibly invaluable. It has nothing to do with being cool or hip or anything else. Just like a mechanic wants the best tools in his garage people who do audio/video work want the best tools as well.

Nobody is thinking they are superior to PC users as much as PC users like to think they are. Hell I use PC, Mac, Linux, Unix, I even have an Amiga I still use.

Nobody is buying Macs to spite you people, maybe we just like the fucking things.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
On a side note, there's reports of a certain version of iPhones with defective LCD screens. My friend has one.

iPhone Polka Dots

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
I knew it was fake. FIVE DULLARS seemed a bit high.

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
"Part of the move was to limit crowds to keep the stores safe, but also we wanted to keep the right kind of people in the stores,"

It's a fake story, but hey, don't let that get in the way.

darn, I was hoping I could go and not have to deal with "those kind of people"

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Oh please. I've been a music producer and engineer for years. The only reason I like Macs is because for what I need them to do they do exceptionally well.

For graphics, and for music they are incredibly invaluable. It has nothing to do with being cool or hip or anything else. Just like a mechanic wants the best tools in his garage people who do audio/video work want the best tools as well.
I agree. I don't use a MAC but I would if I worked with audio or graphics regularly. Macs have their corner of the market and I cannot fault anyone who's primary use fits in Mac's corner for choosing a Mac. It's common sense really.

YourAmishDaddy said:
Nobody is thinking they are superior to PC users as much as PC users like to think they are.
I disagree. You may not. But there are plenty of flakey douches out there who think they are an elite group of uber users that are getting over on the rest of the world because they know the great secret that is Mac. It's not every Mac user. Hell, it's not even most Mac users. But there are as many people out there who will feel superior for using a Mac as there are people who feel superior for using a PC. And they are all idiots in my opinion.

I disagree. You may not. But there are plenty of flakey douches out there who think they are an elite group of uber users that are getting over on the rest of the world because they know the great secret that is Mac. It's not every Mac user. Hell, it's not even most Mac users. But there are as many people out there who will feel superior for using a Mac as there are people who feel superior for using a PC. And they are all idiots in my opinion.
Maybe i'm just thinking of the people I deal with cause i'm sure there are some overly pompous douches out there that do look down on PC users. I can agree with you. The marketing I think kind of leads to a lot of it too. The slim neatly dressed cool guy vs the bigger more clumsy looking older guy. It gives off the "I'm better than you" vibe.

True enough.

I still say the key is mastering as many platforms as possible. Or at least knowing your way around other systems. It pays off.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Maybe i'm just thinking of the people I deal with cause i'm sure there are some overly pompous douches out there that do look down on PC users. I can agree with you. The marketing I think kind of leads to a lot of it too. The slim neatly dressed cool guy vs the bigger more clumsy looking older guy. It gives off the "I'm better than you" vibe.
Haha, a mac user looking down on a pc user? That's kind of like a Guitar Hero 2 player looking down on a real guitar player.

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Damn, now I want to use that one!

ern

Hiding behind my keyboard
Jan 25, 2006
While Apple Geniuses patrol inside the store, Apple "Muscleheads" will guard the window displays and entrances.

This made me laugh, what is an apple musclehead? A guy with a giant pocket protector? I know its a fake story but it is funny. mathletes guarding the store.