Someone explain this to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic Pain

The few, The proud, The people that get the show
What is the future of OnA?

Here are the facts as I see them:

OnA have always said what a radio host should do when and if they find themselves in hot water. Bottom line no matter how you spin it I think they played the bitch roll by giving in to the apology game. Dropping subtle 'I'm sorry' and 'we fucked up' lines painfully often in the last couple shows.

Now that XM sees that they can control every thing OnA do with out them making a stand for themselves, whats going to stop them from shutting them down for anything they do. Any bit they don't like. Is DC going to give a panel of people some dump buttons? Where will it end?

If you go to the PAC website you can read a couple letters supposedly from a couple of the advertisers that claimed that they where going to pull there advertising. Well, I'm waiting to see that happen. I still hear the spots on other channels. What an impact we all made on XM. Even with out OnA and a lot of you canceling their sub's and smashing radios the stock is up by 1.17 from the end of the boys last show on XM.

Now I see that WBL doesn't even have his Wackbag name anymore. Is that him being told to stay away from us? (I honestly have no idea) I can't listen to the CBS side so I don't know whats being said there but with all the gag orders and us being left in the dark I'm having a hard time believing that anything will ever be the same again.

In the end, I'm sure we will get OnA back, but I fear it will be a 're-educated' OnA. Not the free flowing comedians we know and love. The are going to be so scared to say anything that I cant see it being enjoyable.

I don't know if I'm loosing faith or if I'm just loosing my mind listing to the fucking Jesus playing sports bit that B. Earl decided to have play 183 times in the last week.

alt130

Frunkis.net
Honestly, couldn't you have posted this in one of the other eight billion threads where these very same tired topics are being discussed? Frankly, at this point, we all just have to wait to see what will happen.

And because you just had to mention that account instead of taking the hint that certain people just want to let things cool down and not provide ammo for more bullshit, I'll throw out the message board version of "your mom's box" for this thread... IBTL!

Minge

Fan of the Show
These are all questions that EVERYONE is asking, and a lot of people think they have the answers. The truth is that Opie & Anthony aren't a dying breed, but instead are something new and innovative still after more than a decade into their career.

Keep focused. Look at the careers of people like Lenny Bruce and Bill Hicks. Lenny Bruce had many bouts with censorship and Bill Hicks was always asked by the media if he would change to get more of an audience. O&A aren't over. The boys, Opie especially, are very vocal about changing the face of radio, and so far: Mission Accomplished. This is just another bout for them to shatter.

We, the fans, are getting attention from major news outlets. Our voice is being heard. Just stay focused. They know what they're doing, and we have honestly NO CLUE what's going on in their lives. Their conduct during their final days before the XM suspension SHOULD NOT be critiqued.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
Honestly, couldn't you have posted this in one of the other eight billion threads where these very same tired topics are being discussed? Frankly, at this point, we all just have to wait to see what will happen.
:action-sm

Status
Not open for further replies.