Sony and WWE Team for 'Surf's Up' Sequel

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Surf's Up, the animated film about surfing penguins, is getting a sequel.

Sony Pictures Animation and WWE Studios are planning Surf’s Up 2: WaveMania, which they will co-finance and produce.

The movie will be distributed by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment with WWE Studios providing marketing support, including having its roster of wrestling talent to voice the film's characters.

In the follow-up to the 2007 feature, adventure-inclined penguin Cody Maverick convinces an infamous big wave riding crew known as The Hang 5 — voiced by WWE superstars John Cena, The Undertaker, Triple H, WWE Diva Paige and Mr. McMahon — to journey with him to a mysterious surf spot known as The Trenches, where the crew will supposedly find the biggest waves in the world.

Henry Yu, whose credits include Hotel Transylvania, will make his directorial debut with the animated pic, which was written by Abdul Williams and will be produced by Michelle Wong.

“We are thrilled to be working with Sony Pictures Animation to bring Cody Maverick back to audiences for more adventures, paired with our WWE Superstars in what promises to be a fun animated film for the entire family,” WWE Studios president Michael Luisi said Tuesday in a statement.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sony-wwe-team-surfs-up-871874

Oh boy, is this great!

Lord Zero

WWE Studios is the worst thing since Nazi Germany.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
WWE Studios is the worst thing since Nazi Germany.
More like WWEeesh! Though I stand by No Holds Barred. That movie is insane in the best of ways.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
"And now, the nominees for best actor: Hulk Hogan for No Hold Barred..."

Have you ever seen it? It is one of my all time favorite HitWs and worthy of becoming a cult classic.

Lord Zero

Have you ever seen it? It is one of my all time favorite HitWs and worthy of becoming a cult classic.
Yes, I have. Watching it is like living a PG-13 version of Apocalypse Now; I lose more and more of my sanity as the movie goes along. The dookie scene is PBR Street Gang reaching the Do Lung bridge. (The Do Lung bridge seen is my favorite scene in Apocalypse Now, by the way, just as the dookie scene is my favorite scene in No Holds Barred.)

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Did the theater give you a Purple Heart on your way out?
I would have rathered they gave me my money back on the way out. All I remember of it was that there were about 6 to 10 other people in the theater and that I left with the same "What the fuck was that?" confusion that I left with after seeing The Phantom Menace".