Sony info from E3

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
If the last level of this game involves Snake ordering onion rings in a diner, I'm shutting off the PS3 immediately.

Do they replay any of this on G4?

BelatedAbortion

Jun 12, 2007
Spaceshuttle Endeaverrrrrrrrr
About a year ago in an interview with Hideo Kojima he said this would be the last episode. He's done with the series, he thinks Snake has ran his course, and that's it for this character.

Don't think that won't stop other characters (Raiden anyone?) from continuing with or without Kojima as long as this game moves units.

Grem

Enjoying life one T-Cell at a time.
Oct 4, 2006
Worksop, England, United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can DOWNLOAD the keynote? I watched the stream but it kept buffering all the time and i cant remember half of what was said.

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
I'm downloading tons of E3 videos in HD off the PSN right now (MGS4, Killzone 2, COD4, Little Big Planet).

Any other news on the PSP slim like pics or anything? Or official changes?

CrisK

Oct 4, 2004
Philadelphia

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
The first newly designed PSP that will be released in North America is the limited-edition Daxter PSP Entertainment Pack, which will be available on September 10 and provide users with everything they need to enjoy the ultimate in portable entertainment, right out of the box. This package will feature a PSP in "Ice Silver" along with the award-winning, action-packed game, Daxter; the hit TV comedy from 20th Century Fox, "Family Guy - The Freakin' Sweet Collection" on UMD™ (Universal Media Disc); and a 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo™, for storing photos, music, video clips and more.
The limited-release Star Wars Battlefront PSP Entertainment Pack, available on October 9, will allow owners to experience their favorite Star Wars battles any way - and anywhere - they want with a special "Ceramic White" PSP featuring a silk-screened image of Darth Vader on the back of the unit. Also included is Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron, the next chapter of the best-selling Star Wars Battlefront series from LucasArts. Set during the Original Trilogy era, the game is the previously untold story of a ragtag ensemble of battle-hardened rogues and scoundrels assembled by Han Solo. Now for the first time ever in Star Wars Battlefront, you can customize your character, select your weapons, choose your abilities and create a different experience every time you play. A stand-alone version of Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron will also be available on October 9.
So there you go folks. If you're buying a PSP then it's best to wait till then.

The new PSP will have a TV out connection but so far it looks like it won't have an internal flash drive. Too bad. An internal 8GB would be a hell of a selling point.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
The end of an era indeed :(

One of the best series of all time.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
About a year ago in an interview with Hideo Kojima he said this would be the last episode. He's done with the series, he thinks Snake has ran his course, and that's it for this character.

Don't think that won't stop other characters (Raiden anyone?) from continuing with or without Kojima as long as this game moves units.
Raiden is a ninja now man. He's a cyborg. He's showed up in the MGS4 trailer chopping the walkers apart.

I don't know if they would go with a cyborg to carry on the franchise.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Just watched all the trailers.

Man, fuck GTAIV. COD4, MGS4, and LBP is all I need.

Jun 4, 2006
Brick, NJ
Its Riidge Racccer, Riddddddger Raccccccerr.
I love the MGS series, 2 will always be my favorite despite the corny story.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
if MGS4 is all that the PS3 has "worth" buying this year, it's fucked. It's a series that only appealed to a niche group, the ones that already have a PS3. I was hoping for more, still nothing exciting. Too bad, I like my PS3, but it still isn't in the same league as the 360.

Aero 1

Mar 18, 2005
Clifton, NJ
if MGS4 is all that the PS3 has "worth" buying this year, it's fucked. It's a series that only appealed to a niche group, the ones that already have a PS3. I was hoping for more, still nothing exciting. Too bad, I like my PS3, but it still isn't in the same league as the 360.
but it cures this!!!!

Snake2k9

C'mon Sonnen.
Apr 20, 2004
Staten Island
What about Haze and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune? Those look good and the Playstation Home is looking to be pretty nice community builder place thing.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
What did the 360 have in its first year? Halo 2 and Dead Rising? Saint's Row? That's one niche game that appealed to people who already had an Xbox and 1 that's a knock of of another series. And 1 that was really impressive.

Gears of War took a full year from launch to come out.

Lair, Warhawk, Ratchet & Clank, Haze, and Kane & Lynch are looking to be pretty good titles coming this fall.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
What did the 360 have in its first year? Halo 2 and Dead Rising? Saint's Row? That's one niche game that appealed to people who already had an Xbox and 1 that's a knock of of another series. And 1 that was really impressive.

Gears of War took a full year from launch to come out.

Lair, Warhawk, Ratchet & Clank, Haze, and Kane & Lynch are looking to be pretty good titles coming this fall.
Are you on dope????

In the first year the 360 was out it had:

ghost recon, oblivion, battlefield, fight night, gears technically came out on the first year bday, Chromehounds, BFME2, Kameo, Lego Star Wars 2, COD2, MotoGP, Burnout, should I go on.

The PS3 has Motostorm, F1, Resistence(which stinks), and that's about it.

Now don't take this personally. I think the PS3 COULD become a great console, but what's killing it right now is the price, the shitty online compared to live, and a huge lack of exclusive games or games that come out for it before the 360. Oh, and it can cure cancer. I bought one, it's neat, but I hardly use it right now. I compare it to last gen. The PS2 was the shit, and the Xbox played nothing more than catchup to it. The tables are turned this round though.

Jun 4, 2006
Brick, NJ
Say what you want about the PS3, it could be bundled with a blowjob, im not buying it until its under 450$.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Are you on dope????

In the first year the 360 was out it had:

ghost recon, oblivion, battlefield, fight night, gears technically came out on the first year bday, Chromehounds, BFME2, Kameo, Lego Star Wars 2, COD2, MotoGP, Burnout, should I go on.

The PS3 has Motostorm, F1, Resistence(which stinks), and that's about it.

Now don't take this personally. I think the PS3 COULD become a great console, but what's killing it right now is the price, the shitty online compared to live, and a huge lack of exclusive games or games that come out for it before the 360. Oh, and it can cure cancer. I bought one, it's neat, but I hardly use it right now. I compare it to last gen. The PS2 was the shit, and the Xbox played nothing more than catchup to it. The tables are turned this round though.
Most of those games didn't really do that much or weren't exclusive (in that they were exclusive till the PS3 went on sale). I went by title ratings so i didn't see several of those at the top. I can't comment entirely on their quality except for the rankings I saw for them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
Most of those games didn't really do that much or weren't exclusive (in that they were exclusive till the PS3 went on sale). I went by title ratings so i didn't see several of those at the top. I can't comment entirely on their quality except for the rankings I saw for them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games
all of the games I listed were great for the 360, and were either exclusive, came out before hand, or had waaay better online services.

WHEN the PS3 starts getting some good exclusive games or some games before the 360, it'll be fine, until then it's going to continue playing 6th fiddle behind the Wii, 360, DS, PSP, PS2,

Aero 1

Mar 18, 2005
Clifton, NJ
all of the games I listed were great for the 360, and were either exclusive, came out before hand, or had waaay better online services.

WHEN the PS3 starts getting some good exclusive games or some games before the 360, it'll be fine, until then it's going to continue playing 6th fiddle behind the Wii, 360, DS, PSP, PS2,
but it cures ball cancer!!!!

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
I'm sure you commented about the debate Aero, but you should know I put ya on ignore because I know anything you say will just incite further bashing and arguments.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
just so Bogey can see this shit that the cunt Aero posts.

Don't worry, I think he's a douche as well, god damn Wii fanboy
Eh... thankfully his console hasn't dropped dead like a great many have. It'd be a shame to see him on here more often. At least he can't post to Whackbag while he's on the 360.