Soprano's email

skione

OA Fan From Way Back!
OK so I am obssesed with the Soprano's ending.

I heard Opie saying he got an email that "explained" the ending.

Was this true or was it a bit?

I got to work and by the time I got inside and settle the show was just about over so I missed whether or not they talked about it.

If someone has a copy they could post I would appreciate it.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
I got that e-mail too....let me go find it.

Here it is.

Dear Sopranos Fan,

GO FUCK! HA HA HA HA!

Sincerley,
David Chase

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
It's a real e-mail filled with false information. It's been posted all over the internets, so you should be able to find it, but as I said, it's been debunked, so I wouldn't waste your time.

O

Opie's Necklace

There's nothing to figure out.

The story stopped. Nothing happens next. Any "theory" is fan fiction.

Why the need to tie everything up?
That is everything that the show stood against.

Syntax

the only thing that really makes sense is the conversation that bobby and tony had in the boat. that's all i'm gonna say!

D

DerekOleynik

In the papers they said that it was explained that Tony was whacked. Where the screen went black is his black, his death. When he looked up and eyed something, the immediate split second he looked up *BANG*, except you dont see or hear it, the screen goes blank to give you the perspective of tony's point of view which is nothing, hence the black.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
a friend sent this to me last night...

....someone posted this bulletin on myspace

This explains it all...

He was killed.

in fact, the ending was genius if you've paid attention to the show or are just a fan of well developed well thought out plots that all tie together and have the memory of a champ to remember it all the ending was simple, he got killed, but let me tell yall why and explain in detail... There was 3 people in the room total who had a reason to kill tony.....

the two black guys, they were paid before to kill tony but he was onlyshot in the ear, this was in one of the earlier seasons, also in the earlier seasons, the trucker who was sitting at the bar
stool, who the camera kept focusing in on, is Nikki leotardo, Phil
Leotardos nephew, he was in one of the early season episodes where Phil and Tony have a sit down....

heres where the genius comes in....

When tonys walking in the diner,you see the camera focus on him, then it switches to his perspective, and you see him looking @ the booth hes gonna sit at...

then the camera switches back to tonys face, then it once again
switches to his perspective, and it shows him looking @ the door and looking @ the people come in..... Everytime the door opens the Chimes sound....... Carmela walks in, Chimes, AJ walks in Chimes, this when Meadows parallel parking, still trying to get inside the restaurant....

at this point the camera switches back to the trucker who goes in the bathroom......

Then it goes to a scene where meadow finally parks and starts running in the diner....

the doors about to open, Tony looks up....

and No Chimes......................

No Music............

Everything just goes black...............

In one of the early episodes of the sopranos, tonys talking with bobby about what it must feel like to die..

Bobby says "at the end, you probably dont hear anything, everything just goes black"

part of that was revisited in the second to last episode during the
last seconds of it, when tonys about to go to sleep and he flashes back to the memory of him and bobby on the boat... "You probably dont hear anything everything just goes black"

so in the end, the Journey song was playing, the chimes on the door sounded but when meadow came in, the guy in the trucker hat came out and killed tony...

its the reason you aint hear, or see shit when he died.... it was from his perspective.... and everything went black, then the credits rolled.

D

DerekOleynik

That was basically what i explained, you just put detail into it.

fkornre

That was basically what i explained, you just put detail into it.
i didnt read what you wrote...just saw the first post then posted this...

a friend emailed it to me...i dont even watch the dumb show...:)

skione

OA Fan From Way Back!
Thanks guys.

I really wasn't looking for your opinion as to what "actually" happened.

Although I do agree Tony probably was killed and that is what happened. The whole fade to black thing and all.

I was more or less curious about whether Opie read the email on the air or was he teasing something that never happened. If he read it on the air I would like to see it. I suspected already it was probably a fake.

fkornre

Thanks guys.

I really wasn't looking for your opinion as to what "actually" happened.

Although I do agree Tony probably was killed and that is what happened. The whole fade to black thing and all.

I was more or less curious about whether Opie read the email on the air or was he teasing something that never happened. If he read it on the air I would like to see it. I suspected already it was probably a fake.
read my post above...it is written word for word what opie read on air...

what opie read wasnt something special that only he got...this message was blasted across the internets last night...

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
I got the same e-mail and at the end a demon head pops up and screams.

And that e-mail is just an interpretation. It was ambiguous on purpose.

its the reason you aint hear, or see shit when he died.... it was from his perspective.... and everything went black, then the credits rolled.

The only thing I'll say about this is that the last shot is not filmed from Tony's perspective, it's shot from the side of the booth, wasnt it?

If you believe that email, I'll send you one about the King of Nigeria who needs your help.

fkornre

for the record...i am just posting what opie read on air...i do not watch the show...i dont care about the email or its contents...you can all battle it out as to what happened...

skione

OA Fan From Way Back!
read my post above...it is written word for word what opie read on air...

what opie read wasnt something special that only he got...this message was blasted across the internets last night...
thanks, so they did riff on it? I can't to catch that. I was pissed when I missed it.

I think the massive speculation is fantastic and it makes me believe that David Chase is both a genius and a total fucking douche-bag.

I believe he thought it through and got exactly what he was looking for.

People are going to talk about this ending for years.

However I fucking hated the ending, yet I am compelled to speculate about its meaning.

daemoncel

yeah that's bs, one of black guys in that "earlier episode" was killed, the other was shot.

The guy at the counter was played by Paolo Colandrea, a pizza parlor owner whom has no acting credits whatsoever

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
One thing I love?

People will argue the Sopranos is all about realism. Then argue for Tony's death by pointing out Foreigner's symbolism. Because whenever we're about to die, we always happen to pick out a song people can read into.

(I know symbolism is important to the show, I just find it funny.)

rottwielerinpa

I need a new bawx of wine.......
the guy in the trucker hat came out and killed tony...
If I remember correctly the trucker with the "usa" hat was still sitting at the table. The guy who went into the bathroom was the Italian looking guy that walked into the place in front of AJ, the one wearing the members only jacket.... just saying

Nothing Sound

Riding the Biggest Wave
Then it goes to a scene where meadow finally parks and starts running in the diner....

the doors about to open, Tony looks up....

and No Chimes......................
There were too chimes.
I just watched it again to make sure.

Dark Reyule

Heaven is a nice book and Bea Arthur's vagina.
What's "The Sopranos"? An opera or something?