Sorry Carbon PC ad, you suck

Feb 20, 2007
I think we can add this ad to the "Tell them about the discount harry!" ad, which ironically played right after this one. Listening to "I have pictures, I love my digital camera!" for around 2 minutes for an ad is stupid. I just started screaming at it while driving, shut the radio off and waited till it was done. And right before I turned the radio back on, oh look its the harry ad.

Do these sponsors know who their generic target market is?
Dolts.

bnceo

May 24, 2007
Hmm, can a mod move this thread to the fires of hell? Cause seriously, what a waste of a thread.

PopeDX

Nov 2, 2005
His life is a waste of a thread?

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
carbon pc is silly. people can just back up stuff on an external hard drive, you can get a huge one for $100. why they need to back up photos and personal stuff on a website and pay a monthly fee is beyond me.

Mar 15, 2004
The commercial is kinda silly sounding. VERY scripted sounding, not natural at all.

Plus, I am NOT having anyone take info off my comp via the internet, EVER. How long would some of these huge hard drives take for them to back up anyway? The whole process has to slow your shit down to a crawl too.

Feb 20, 2007
Stuff like that I think is a waist of money. I mean that might be me because I work on computers, but how about some security risks of that? And why spend the money to do that when you can do it yourself for so much less.

Plus, their ad sucks.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
Plus, I am NOT having anyone take info off my comp via the internet, EVER. How long would some of these huge hard drives take for them to back up anyway? The whole process has to slow your shit down to a craw too.
x2

External Hard drives are easier to use back-up data.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
the commercial for the awnings suck also.

awesome thread the best since pickled aids!

alt130

Frunkis.net
Oct 14, 2003
To be fair, the downside to a hard drive is that either you have to go and bring it to a remote location (and retrieve it regularly for backups), or leave it with your PC and lose the benefit of having an off-site backup. There are some benefits to online backups, although I would have a hard time trusting anyone with my data.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
A 2.5" notebook drive in an external USB 2.0 enclosure fits nicely inside a fire safe.

May 15, 2007
I think we can add this ad to the "Tell them about the discount harry!" ad, which ironically played right after this one. Listening to "I have pictures, I love my digital camera!" for around 2 minutes for an ad is stupid. I just started screaming at it while driving, shut the radio off and waited till it was done. And right before I turned the radio back on, oh look its the harry ad.

Do these sponsors know who their generic target market is?
Dolts.
Apparently the target demographic for XM ads is wine snobs with hot decks who can't satisfy their bitchy cunt wives sexuallly and are too stupid to use an external hard drive so they write everything on rocks

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
Feb 20, 2007
I built a 250 gig external drive from parts on Ebay for less then $100. My boss was pushing carbonite to me for awhile but I don't like the idea of my files being on someone elses hard drive either.

May 15, 2007
I built a 250 gig external drive from parts on Ebay for less then $100. My boss was pushing carbonite to me for awhile but I don't like the idea of my files being on someone elses hard drive either.
And don't forget what Carbonite did to Han Solo

Kurto2021

Certified Pest
Nov 28, 2004
you guys realize that fire safes (unless you spend a shitload) don't protect worth a damn. In the case of an intense fire the drives internal components can melt and make recovery of the data very expensive. If you use an external drive you need to have it offsite for it to really be safe.

I use Godaddy in combination with TurboFTP once I drop the file into a local folder it automatically sends it to the GoDaddy servers. You can get some serious amounts of space for only $6.99 per month.

Brokeback Jimmy

Laundering your Swastikas since 1912
Jan 30, 2006
Good point sir, good point.
I can't see that image, I still have hibernation sickness.

I back up my music and pics to dual layer DVD-R. One set in my safe at home (fire safe, with a fire box inside it. It's really my gun safe, but a big safe is good for anything). Second set locked in my locker in the weapons vault at work.

All I have is dopey snapshots of my house, my cat, my toys (car, bike) and my music. It would suck to lose it, but it's not exactly CENTCOM's next plan for mideast domination...

R.BuddDwyer

Feb 2, 2006
A 2.5" notebook drive in an external USB 2.0 enclosure fits nicely inside a fire safe.
Unless the safe is media rated (125 degree F max temperature within time rating) it won't do shit. Normal fire safes get hot enough that many plastics will melt and hard drives will demagnetize but cool enough for paper not to burn.