Sounds Like Somebody's Got A Case Of The Mondays!

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Mass. cop punished for racial slur at Crawford

LEOMINSTER, Mass. (AP) -- A Massachusetts police officer was put on paid leave Wednesday after an internal investigation found that he directed a racial slur at Boston Red Sox outfielder Carl Crawford.

Officer John Perrault was suspended pending a disciplinary hearing scheduled for next week at which he could face more severe punishment, and could even be fired, Leominster (LEH'-min-stuhr) Mayor Dean Mazzarella and Police Chief Robert Healey said.

Perreault engaged in conduct unbecoming an officer, according to the chief and mayor.
The officer, who is white, was placed on desk duty after the July 5 incident. He was described as a veteran officer with no prior disciplinary problems.

He was off duty and attending a minor league game in Manchester, N.H.
Witnesses said a heckling fan called Crawford, who is black, a "monday" before a game between the New Hampshire Fisher Cats and Portland Sea Dogs. Crawford said he interpreted the word as a racial slur.

The word can be used as a derogatory term for blacks, and is often associated with Mondays being one of the least-liked days of the week.

Crawford was playing for the Double-A Sea Dogs while rehabilitating a wrist injury.

Crawford alerted stadium officials to the remark, and team management apologized.

Leominster police reached out to Crawford as part of their investigation but did not talk to him, Mazzarella said.

The mayor and chief also issued an apology to Crawford.

Crawford returned to action for the Red Sox on Monday night, in a 5-1 win over the Chicago White Sox.
OK, that one highlighted quote made me laugh hysterically for some reason. They couldn't even commit to it being the least-liked. :haha7:

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Even if he did say it I hope that whoever made the accusation has him recorded saying those things. There seems to be more to the story than is reported.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
A Massachusetts police officer was put on paid leave Wednesday after an internal investigation found that he directed a racial slur at Boston Red Sox outfielder Carl Crawford.

Officer John Perrault was suspended pending a disciplinary hearing scheduled for next week at which he could face more severe punishment,
Something more severe than paid leave?!

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
If he's off-duty (and I'm assuming out of uniform) what's the problem? And I would think it's a compliment to be compared to a Monday..

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
If Tuesday Weld married Frederic March, their kid would be Tuesday March the 2nd.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Did he ever refer to blacks with bipolar disorder as "manic Mondays"?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
In his world, would a black guy grieving the death of Blair Kiel be referred to as "Monday mourning quarterback"?
If a shwoogie looks at him and turns around and pulls his pants down revealing his buttocks, is it a "New Moon on Monday"?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
If Tuesday Weld married Frederic March, their kid would be Tuesday March the 2nd.
EDIT: Damn it. Broken Wackbag is broken.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Um, no he wouldn't.

But if S. E. Cupp married Louis CK, would she be S.E. CK?

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Umm this fella needs him one of those there jew loyahs.

The Phelps nitwits are all employees of the State of KS, and when their nonsense started getting in the news 10 years ago, it came down from on high that their first amendment rights trumped any code of conduct issues when it came to behavior off the job.