Spawn Finally Done Right?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Oh, this is good, good news...

Todd McFarlane Teases Academy Award Winner Star For R-Rated Spawn Movie

It’s been a while since we received any news on the upcoming "Spawn" movie, but the Spawn creator himself, Todd McFarlane, has finally provided a few updates.

In a self-described Halloween treat, McFarlane posted aFacebook video teasing the film’s latest development. Calling the film “cool and creepy,” McFarlane also revealed that it will indeed have an “R” rating. That’s good news for Spawn purists, meaning that the film will embrace its macabre comic book roots. He also slipped that the film might feature material not seen in the pages of “Spawn.” Whether that’s new characters, concepts, or just unimagined ways in which Spawn will slaughter evil-doers, remains to be seen.

But McFarlane’s biggest bombshell was that an Academy Award-Winning actor was set to play a significant role. McFarlane described it the actor’s role as an “antagonist/protagonist,” so it’s difficult to tell if he merely misspoke, or was referred to Spawn’s nature as an anti-hero. Still, the Academy Award nugget narrows the speculation down to a few dozen candidates. Looks like it’s time to play Guess Who?.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
I havent picked up an issue of Spawn in years but I seriously hope this is true. It would make up for the shitty VHS copy I bought from my comic shop when I was a young lad.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Is Spawn still around? I remember it being very popular and then disappearing after the movie came out. As for the AA winner? I'm going Denzel or Octavia Spencer.

fletcher

Donator
Morgan Freeman?

fletcher

Donator
I'd prefer Cuba. Seriously.

I hate that movie because I had a cadre of junkies try to sell back so many copies to my store I almost lost my mind.
No, I dont want your stolen DVDs, no I wont give you money for them.

DrewDown

All are welcome

I hate that movie because I had a cadre of junkies try to sell back so many copies to my store I almost lost my mind.
No, I dont want your stolen DVDs, no I wont give you money for them.
When he makes his comeback, you'll wish you had bought every copy. Gold, Jerry. Gold.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I thought the first Spawn movie was Rated R. It was pretty gruesome/violent. Not sure how much an R rating will change things. A few more swears? Big deal.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
I thought the first Spawn movie was Rated R. It was pretty gruesome/violent. Not sure how much an R rating will change things. A few more swears? Big deal.
It should have been due to John Leguizamo being in it.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
There was an unrated Director's Cut that I got on one of the first DVDs ever produced.... I remember that. Maybe you remember that too...

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
BTW, have we ever done Spawn in a HitW setting? That might be fucking good... Director's Cut Only.

Fustercluck

A great actor can't fix a shit script. Hell, Martin Sheen couldn't carry that first pile of shit movie on his back.