"Special Rights" for Arab Americans

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
http://times247.com/articles/feds-consider-special-rights-for-arab-americans

The Commerce Department is considering naming Arab Americans a socially and economically disadvantaged minority group that is eligible for special business assistance.

The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) petitioned Commerce earlier this year to ask that Arab Americans be made eligible for the Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA), which helps minority entrepreneurs gain access to capital, contracts and trade opportunities.

The ADC petition cited “discrimination and prejudice in American society resulting in conditions under which Arab-American individuals have been unable to compete in a business world.” The group claimed discrimination against Arab Americans increased after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
Meh. Not really enough to get outraged here but I'm low on my Muzzie News quota :)

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Shooter has officially returned.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I'm actually surprised that they aren't. Considering fucking ASIAN-americans (i.e. Chinese who will rule the world shortly) are a recognized disadvantaged business class. Arabs have got to have more disadvantages then them (except for driving ability and pronouncing l's)

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Actually black babies outnumber white babies. Soon we will be using that agency for whitey's business :)
"whaa" where did you see that stat? Seen the stat that there's more spic babies.

tatsu

Nov 17, 2006
"whaa" where did you see that stat? Seen the stat that there's more spic babies.
I think he's using "black" as a broad stroke for "minority"

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
How about no group gets special business assistance. Either do it for everyone on an individual basis regardless of your 'group' or don't do it for anybody.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
How about no group gets special business assistance. Either do it for everyone on an individual basis regardless of your 'group' or don't do it for anybody.
It's become a bit of a joke in the world of Federal contracting. Most disadvantaged companies are really just shell companies "owned" by the wife of the guy whose got the biggest asphalt/concrete/tunnel/bridge crew in the area. But they get to mark it up 30% just because some Fed stooge decided that a company owned by a woman gets preferential treatment.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
There's a reason I hire Dwarf Construction and it's not their abilities.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
The group claimed discrimination against Arab Americans increased after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Well
No Shit

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Side note - One of our subcontractors is owned by a Persian-American. Not sure if they count, but this guy makes the most curly-haired top-hat wearing bearded jew look like Santa Claus. This guy is TIGHT with the mon-ee.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
The only people that should have any special rights in this country are the Injuns and that dosen't mean your mother telling you that you're 1/32 Cherokee

Hell even THP and The Fez Man are probably 1/32 black

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
The only people that should have any special rights in this country are the Injuns and that dosen't mean your mother telling you that you're 1/32 Cherokee

Hell even THP and The Fez Man are probably 1/32 black
The only reason you're alive to say that is they didn't have better chem/bio or conventional weapons than the white devils. The south american indians at least had/have those blow darts with deadly frog poison.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
The only reason you're alive to say that is they didn't have better chem/bio or conventional weapons than the white devils. The south american indians at least had/have those blow darts with deadly frog poison.

Some of the Injuns assimilated quite well, the Cherokee even owned black slaves - that's why you hear all these blacks like Earl claim they are Cherokee, after the Civil War when slavery was outlawed and everything, the slaves that the Indians owned all became members of the tribe that owned them, the Cherokee have been fighting this in the courts ever since, the last thing I remember a couple of years ago the courts ruled that the Cherokee can exclude the descendants of slaves that they owned from the tribe.

The Shawnee made the mistake of siding with the British in the War of 1812

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Never gonna happen. We've become a nation of sissies and
pussies. Special interest groups run our govt now.