Movie Spider-Man: Far From Home - 7/5/19

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I don't think there's a thread for this yet. #RealSpidey will either be time traveling or get reincarnated in Avengers 4. Either way, he's back and he's going to Europe, allegedly to fight Jake Gyllenhaal's Mysterio. But that's not important right now. What really matters is they've begun casting some new high school friends for Peter, including one that will surely tickle the fancy of @DR. Jimcy M.E.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/06/...-sequel-looking-to-add-3-more-high-schoolers/

In addition to the new male lead (a role which we believe may have already been given to an unidentified 19-year old actor, but were unable to confirm), Parker will be joined by the following new characters:

• An 18-22 year old ethnicity to play a gender non-conforming student.
  • An 18-26 year old actress of any ethnicity, preferably a character actor or comedienne.
  • An 18-25 year old male, to play a high school senior named “JASON” who is described as “charming and insanely likable.”

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
I don't think there's a thread for this yet. #RealSpidey will either be time traveling or get reincarnated in Avengers 4. Either way, he's back and he's going to Europe, allegedly to fight Jake Gyllenhaal's Mysterio. But that's not important right now. What really matters is they've begun casting some new high school friends for Peter, including one that will surely tickle the fancy of @DR. Jimcy M.E.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/06/...-sequel-looking-to-add-3-more-high-schoolers/

This movie is going to have a motherfucker named Jason in it? A fucking Jason? Good. Bomb you piece of shit.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.

I've never seen someone referred to as an "ethnicity" before. Is this silly British talk? Why don't they learn to speak American.

Last edited:

LiddyRules

I've never seen someone referred to as an "ethnicity" before. If this silly British talk? Why don't they learn to speak American.
A purple monster made half the galaxy disappear. If a teenager with a penis wants to wear a dress, let them. Maybe I'm just too woke for you.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
A purple monster made half the galaxy disappear. If a teenager with a penis wants to wear a dress, let them. Maybe I'm just too woke for you.
He can wear a dress. He just can't be friends with anyone named Peter Parker or Miles Morales. I want him to be a friendless dog who Peter even gets to throw sticks at and calls a queer.

LiddyRules

He can wear a dress. He just can't be friends with anyone named Peter Parker or Miles Morales. I want him to be a friendless dog who Peter even gets to throw sticks at and calls a queer.
Like Marmaduke?

Pigdango

Donator
Hey @SOS can we get a thread title change to "Spider-Man: Far From Home?"

Also, looks like we are getting a comic accurate Mysterio costume

mascan42

Minor issue, but why score your trailer with I Wanna Be Sedated if you're going to censor the title line because drugs are bad?

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator

Minor issue, but why score your trailer with I Wanna Be Sedated if you're going to censor the title line because drugs are bad?
Wait, this wasn’t an ad for Synchrony Bank?

It was fine. Whatever. Felt like they’re trying to show that this was before “The Snap”, especially since he’s wearing his Stark V1 suit.

Pigdango

Donator

It was fine. Whatever. Felt like they’re trying to show that this was before “The Snap”, especially since he’s wearing his Stark V1 suit.
I froze it on the passport to see if I could see how old he was, and they didn't list the year he was born on his birthday. So I agree - they're trying to imply that this was pre-snap. And it certainly could be, as Homecoming took place a full year before Infinity War according to the new MCU timeline:

• 1943-1945: Captain America: The First Avenger
  • 2010: Iron Man
  • 2011: Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor
  • 2012: The Avengers: Iron Man 3
  • 2013: Thor: The Dark World
  • 2014: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  • 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
  • 2016: Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming
  • 2016-2017: Doctor Strange
  • 2017: Black Panther, Thor Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War

Pigdango

Donator

Not sure if this means anything or if it's just a goof, but the poster shows his passport stamped 7/24/19, meaning this takes place after the Snap.

LiddyRules

Maybe it's just the effects warehouse, but I wonder if Mysterio has magic knowledge.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Didn't know Fury was going to be in it. Kind of wish they left that out of the trailer.

Pigdango

Donator
Maybe it's just the effects warehouse, but I wonder if Mysterio has magic knowledge.
Seems weird to me that they would sign an A lister like Gyllenhaal up for just one movie. My first thought was that's all he was willing to commit to. My thought when you said that was they may have found a way to make Doctor Strange 2 interesting...

Pigdango

Donator
Didn't know Fury was going to be in it. Kind of wish they left that out of the trailer.
That was pretty common knowledge, I thought. There were lots of set pics out there with him and

Maria Hill

Besides that I think they are sticking with the formula from the first movie. Comic accurate but never before seen villain played by a big star, and a key supporting role from an MCU favorite.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
That was pretty common knowledge, I thought. There were lots of set pics out there with him and

Maria Hill

Besides that I think they are sticking with the formula from the first movie. Comic accurate but never before seen villain played by a big star, and a key supporting role from an MCU favorite.
Nope. Other than Spidey going to Europe, I didn't know anything about it

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
To me, seems kind of obvious that
all of those faceless elemental creatures getting beat up on by Mysterio are really just his own special effects creations that he's creating to fight in order to make himself seem like a hero.

Pigdango

Donator
To me, seems kind of obvious that
all of those faceless elemental creatures getting beat up on by Mysterio are really just his own special effects creations that he's creating to fight in order to make himself seem like a hero.
It's so obvious that there must be something else to it, right?

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
It's so obvious that there must be something else to it, right?
I sure hope so. Surely an uncaffeinated asshole on his toilet didn't watch the teaser trailer and figure out the whole gimmick.

LiddyRules

I sure hope so. Surely an uncaffeinated asshole on his toilet didn't watch the teaser trailer and figure out the whole gimmick.
I watched the trailer on the toilet too and figured out the same thing. #ButtBuddies

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Not sure if this means anything or if it's just a goof, but the poster shows his passport stamped 7/24/19, meaning this takes place after the Snap.
Great, you've now fueled at least 20 YouTube Speculation Videos and countless blogs.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Also, is that Mysterio's creation, or is that Hydro-Man?