Movie Spider-Man: Far From Home - 7/5/19

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I agree about the Send Off. I think when Sony gets him back fully, Holland will be replaced.
Surprised that you of all people would want another reset sending him back to high school.

I do think it’s possible they kill Holland off in this movie to make room for Miles, but I’m not sure why Sony would want to dump Holland before he can join their universe.

LiddyRules

She Is Not My BFF. She Is Not.
Surprised that you of all people would want another reset sending him back to high school.

I do think it’s possible they kill Holland off in this movie to make room for Miles, but I’m not sure why Sony would want to dump Holland before he can join their universe.
Who said I want it?

I think Sony would dump him to get away from MCU baggage and because they're nincompoops.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
The one newishishish thing about this deal that I see was the sentence about "And Spider-Man is the only one who can go into multiverses" or whatever. Seems like part of the coming together was to make it clear that Tom Holland could also be showing up in Venom or Morbius or whatever. Not like Feige had a grasp on the character at all, but it does seem like a loosening of that (whatever it was) grasp.

Also, tried watching FFH a few days ago and the damn Sony Marvel break-up had me bummed and feeling like I couldn't invest as much in the story because it wasn't going to be finished the way it was intended (or so it seemed to me). Having this connection back makes me feel better about getting into FFH.

LiddyRules

To further clarify, I fully expect a Spider-Man 4 scenario. I believe they believe they're going to do a movie with Holland, but at some point they're going to say "fuck it, this is too hard, let's just start new."

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
To further clarify, I fully expect a Spider-Man 4 scenario. I believe they believe they're going to do a movie with Holland, but at some point they're going to say "fuck it, this is too hard, let's just start new."
You have to wonder if they could do a two Spiderman approach. Let Holland stay in the MCU they do a crossover introducing Miles, and put him in the Sony movies.

They would never be that smart, but here's hoping.

LiddyRules

You have to wonder if they could do a two Spiderman approach. Let Holland stay in the MCU they do a crossover introducing Miles, and put him in the Sony movies.

They would never be that smart, but here's hoping.
I had an idea closer to Spider-Verse's lead if they're really desperate about doing an SMCU. Leave Holland/Parker in the MCU, keep a Venom/Morbius universe, do a Miles movie/universe, and do a Spider-Gwen movie/universe. (I think if they could get Emma Stone for a Spider-Gwen spin-off, people would really like that but that's neither here nor there.) Split some of Spidey's villains who won't be used in the MCU between Miles and Gwen because who cares about their villains? And this way when they do the Spider-Verse movie (with Holland, Miles, Gwen and Venom) they can also finally do the Sinister Six movie they've been desperate for.

It's also surprising that for all the movies they have planned, there's been zero rumblings about a movie with another Spider-Man.

Or what if Kraven can jump universes like that Jet Li movie, The One?

LiddyRules

Another stupid idea I have is having Liz return as Black Cat in Spider-Man: Home Fries. The basic premise is that she wasn't snapped so had to spend those five years fending for herself (or her sublings) and to do so became a criminal using her father's tech/know-how. Like Black Cat, she'd have more worldly experience than Peter and there'd be a built in "frenemy" connection between the two, especially after the end of FFH.

The thing I want least in Home Fries - Parker to get another ridiculously powerful device like Stark Suit or EDITH.

Last edited:

Pigdango

Donator
Kevin Feige had this to say:

https://deadline.com/2019/09/sony-w...o-to-appear-in-future-marvel-pics-1202746497/

“Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

That feels to me like Feige definitively closing the door on Venom and the rest of the Sony movies being part of the MCU. But it also seems pretty definitive that the MCU Spidey (Holland) will eventually team up or feature in the Sony movies.

That being said, it also comes off as “Sony is going to have to figure that shit out. I’m washing my hands of it.” So you might still eventually be right. Sony might fuck it up to the point of Holland moving on.

LiddyRules

Kevin Feige had this to say:

https://deadline.com/2019/09/sony-w...o-to-appear-in-future-marvel-pics-1202746497/

“Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

That feels to me like Feige definitively closing the door on Venom and the rest of the Sony movies being part of the MCU. But it also seems pretty definitive that the MCU Spidey (Holland) will eventually team up or feature in the Sony movies.

That being said, it also comes off as “Sony is going to have to figure that shit out. I’m washing my hands of it.” So you might still eventually be right. Sony might fuck it up to the point of Holland moving on.
You don't know how desperately I want a #NailedIt.

Pigdango

Donator
You don't know how desperately I want a #NailedIt.
I’ll be savoring the Kevin Feige Star Wars one for the rest of 2019, so I know what you mean. I remember you had I think a Star Trek one where you predicted something several years in advance.

LiddyRules

I’ll be savoring the Kevin Feige Star Wars one for the rest of 2019, so I know what you mean. I remember you had I think a Star Trek one where you predicted something several years in advance.
When I said he's not fucking Khan?

Pigdango

Donator
When I said he's not fucking Khan?
No, that was another one for your pal Piggy. I forget what it was, but I remember you quoting yourself from several years prior. If I was bored and wasn’t drunk I would try to find it.

LiddyRules

No, that was another one for your pal Piggy. I forget what it was, but I remember you quoting yourself from several years prior. If I was bored and wasn’t drunk I would try to find it.
Still say his character made more sense as Gary Mitchell. Just saying.

Pigdango

Donator
I don’t disagree with that at all, but that was an easy one to spot. That’s another major reason I’m so interested to see what they do with Rey and the Emperor. I think he feels like he handled this better because he “showed his hand” by including the Emperor in the marketing for the film.

But if he reveals anything at all about Rey other than she’s a nobody, all the retards that believed Kylo and Rian Johnson’s lies (which still completely and utterly shocks me, but whatever) then he’s going to get blasted for worse than he did for the Khan thing. Poor guy can’t win.

Pigdango

Donator
By the way, I watched the entire OT the other day, and assuming I have the same in flight movie options on the way home, will be watching 7&8. Is already have a bunch of new thoughts on why @BIV knows nothing about Star Wars and where Disney went so wrong despite doing a lot of things right, but I will hold them until after I re-view those two movies.

LiddyRules

I don’t disagree with that at all, but that was an easy one to spot.
Part of it for me was that it was too obvious that he was going to be Khan, and when you combined that with his personality/powers being closer to Mitchell, I hoped that they would be something unexpected. Maybe even leave him as ... George ... HARRISON!

We've never done Into Darkness disappointingly.

LiddyRules

By the way, I watched the entire OT the other day, and assuming I have the same in flight movie options on the way home, will be watching 7&8. Is already have a bunch of new thoughts on why @BIV knows nothing about Star Wars and where Disney went so wrong despite doing a lot of things right, but I will hold them until after I re-view those two movies.
I'm still up for a Re-HitW of BvS and TLJ.

And how can you say BIV knows nothing about Star Wars? He can tell you the schematics of all the bombs!