Movie Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Looks like it could fun.

Peter Porker or no sale.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Looks cool I’m in

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
That's about right. Peter Parker comes across as a fucktard, Miles is the ethnic that's smarter than Peter, and Gwen will show the boys how it's done.

Par for the course, no?

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
I'm in. And maybe the diversity whiners will pipe down once this does well. Looks quite good.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'm in. And maybe the diversity whiners will pipe down once this does well. Looks quite good.
It probably won’t do well, and I suspect this will cause more problems than it solves in regards to whining.

Saikotic

Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
It probably won’t do well, and I suspect this will cause more problems than it solves in regards to whining.
Did Mask of the Phantasm do well? I remember it being the better Batman movie that year. I dunno, I think this film has a shot.

Saikotic

Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
I think it’s a very well regarded movie but it definitely didn’t make any money.
It looks family friendly enough (the father making the kid say I love you is a scene you'd see in most of these schlock cgi movies) that it may do well. But there's the superhero fatigue settling in.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
It looks family friendly enough (the father making the kid say I love you is a scene you'd see in most of these schlock cgi movies) that it may do well. But there's the superhero fatigue settling in.
There’s no superhero fatigue. The two highest grossing films of this year are superhero movies.

It’s more about the perception that movies like this should be straight to DVD, based on the very successful DC Animated films.

Saikotic

Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
There’s no superhero fatigue. The two highest grossing films of this year are superhero movies.

It’s more about the perception that movies like this should be straight to DVD, based on the very successful DC Animated films.
Yeah I was surprised this was hitting the theaters by the trailer but that was Sony's plan from the start when they announced sharing Spider-Man with the MCU.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

Three highest.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Here's a question I have probably not for this thread, but whatever. Between Solo, Justice League, and Geostorm (there's a reason that's on my mind today...), do you think studios will start to rethink spending for extravagant, most-of-the-movie reshoots? I acknowledge the reason they had to do it for Justice League, but I think the only one it actually probably worked for is Rogue One.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Here's a question I have probably not for this thread, but whatever. Between Solo, Justice League, and Geostorm (there's a reason that's on my mind today...), do you think studios will start to rethink spending for extravagant, most-of-the-movie reshoots? I acknowledge the reason they had to do it for Justice League, but I think the only one it actually probably worked for is Rogue One.
The studios won't learn a damn thing. They'll keep doubling down on this insanity

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
What I hope will happen is that they will start planning for longer productions. This idea that you can churn out a movie of this size in 16 months is ridiculous. Even the Marvel movies have suffered from rushed production schedules (looking at you Black Panther and Thor Ragnarok)

Dec 12, 2007
Spider Gwen sucks.

I've never read her comics and know nothing about her but I'm confident in stating this as fact.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
What I hope will happen is that they will start planning for longer productions. This idea that you can churn out a movie of this size in 16 months is ridiculous. Even the Marvel movies have suffered from rushed production schedules (looking at you Black Panther and Thor Ragnarok)
Ragnarok was a great film, but some of that CGI was painful.