Movie Spiderman 2...again. 5/2/14

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Spider-Man Probably Has His Mary Jane, Should Soon Have a New Franco

October 10, 2012 / amazing spider-man, casting, movie, news, shailene woodley

They put it off all summer, but with season changing, it's time for Marc Webb and Sony to at last replace the old Kirsten Dunst and James Franco parts they've had laying around.
For Dunst's part of Mary Jane Watson, the studio and Webb are reportedly looking at The Descendants daughter Shailene Woodley (above), whose ABC Family series The Secret Life of the American Teenager is about to end, thus allowing her to sign whatever crazy extended contract Sony asks of its superhero people. Of course, this probably means current love interest, Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy, will die in the next film or so, but Stone already knew this was coming, and she's also dating and doing cute, philanthropic shit with Spider-Man himself, so don't even worry about her. Worry about yourself, because this also means some friends will be like, "Wait, isn't that the opposite of how it happened in the last Spider-Man trilogy?", and you're going to have to be all, "Yeah, but that's not how it was in the comics," and you're going to sound like such a nerdy jerk.
Franco's Harry Osborne, meanwhile, is also said to be in the midst of a re-casting, but it's not yet certain who will take the role, because 21 Jump Street's Dave Franco is just too obvious. The Franco legacy of being a best-friend-turned-flying-snowboarder ends now, probably.
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2012/10/spider-man-probably-has-his-mary-jane-sh.php

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
She's good at being a cunt. Her character in Secret Life and in the Descendants are both very cunty.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Shitty title pool?

Spiderman: Web of Mystery

Spiderman: Rise of the Goblin

Spiderman: Osborne to be Wild

Or will they go with something like The Spectacular Spiderman, or The Scrumdiddlyumptious Spiderman?

Judging by their level of creativity, they will probably end up accidentally doing the right thing and calling it Spiderman 2, but only because they aren't creative enough for a different title.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Spiderman: We'll Try Not To Fuck It Up By Three

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Shitty title pool?

Or will they go with something like The Spectacular Spiderman, or The Scrumdiddlyumptious Spiderman?

Judging by their level of creativity, they will probably end up accidentally doing the right thing and calling it Spiderman 2, but only because they aren't creative enough for a different title.
They're not going to call it Spider-Man 2.

They're going to call it The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I cant think of anything humorous so Im just going to go out on a limb and say its going to be called The Spectacular Spiderman.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
The Web Slinger
The Wall Crawler
He Was Part of The Avengers in the Comic Books!
Spiderman Vs. A Villain With a Personality
Emma Stone's Tits
Emma Stones Makes out with Secret Life Girl
Spidey 2.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
The Amazing Spider Man: Descent into Darkness
The Amazing Spiderman Returns
The Rise of The Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman
Web Slinging with Mary Jane
Swing Free or Fall Hard
The Amazing Spiderman: Rotations
The Amazing Spider-Man II: The Army of Darkness
The Amazing Spider-Man II: Escalation
The Amazing Spider-Man II: The Wraith of Chameleon
Spider.Man. : Rise of Rhino
Electro
The Amazing Spider-Man II: Enter the Jackal

Last edited:

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
The Amazing Mandatory Franchise Rights Retaining Spiderman
The Still-Teenage SpiderMan Because We Don't Want To Take A Risk
The 19th Spiderman Movie Without Kingpin Or The Sinister Six

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
She's good at being a cunt. Her character in Secret Life and in the Descendants are both very cunty.
I'll get to my list of goofy movie titles in a few minutes, but in the meantime can I ask why you are watching the Secret Life of the American Teenager?

By the way, that girl is nowhere near hot enough to play Mary Jane. But neither was Kirsten Dunst, so I guess they're being consistent. You know who would make the best Mary Jane?

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
The Amazing Spider-Man 2: The Green Goblin is the New Lex Luthor

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Mysterio is the Villain of this One

I wish it was the latter.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Spider-Man Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Spider-Man 2 - Electro Boogaloo

Spider-Man: Is it too late to get Anne Hathaway as Mrs. Vulture?

Spider-Man: Turn The Dark Back On

The Amazing Spider-Man Rises

Amazing

Amazing Spider-Man 2: The Hunted

Amazing Spider-Man 2: NORM!

Why Doesn't Disney Just Give us $200 million to fuck off, part V

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Keep it simple I say,

Spiderman 2, 2

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I'll get to my list of goofy movie titles in a few minutes, but in the meantime can I ask why you are watching the Secret Life of the American Teenager?
It is one of the most bizarre shows I've ever seen. Just a complete fail on every level, even levels you never thought a television should could fail on before. They'll have episodes where people will tell other people what happened in the previous episode, as well as in the previous scene. There was an episode where teenage girls formed a masturbation club. It's sheer lunacy. And there's a retard who was hired to be Vice President of Human Resources because he's so mean/retarded that people would quit thus keeping the head of the company from paying severance packages. And this was treated ... if not as a positive thing than not as a negative one.

I don't know how I feel about Woodley as Mary Jane. Like I said, in the two things I've seen her in before, she's been a rampant self-absorbed bitch (Secret Life more than The Descendants) rather than the spitfire I always imagined Mary Jane to be. I also think Kirsten Dunst is prettier than Woodley, and I came to appreciate her clinically depressed take on the character.

The 19th Spiderman Movie Without Kingpin Or The Sinister Six
I think Kingpin is tied up with Fox, unless the Daredevil rights reverted back to Marvel.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
Shitty title pool?

Might as well go with Spectacular Spider-Man since that cartoon seems to be one of the major influences of the last movie.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
But then what will the third one be called? The Mega Super Awesome Spider-Man?