Spike - TNA - Bellator forced synergy

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Kurt Angle did an interview with Meltzer/Alvarez & they were told they HAD to discuss Bellator as well.
Since the site covers both MMA & Pro-Wrestling they had no issue but they were honest about the mandate

Your opinions?

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
It seems stupid for Spike to do that. It's not like TNA guys are MMA experts, so why force interviewers to ask them about it? It likely won't do anything to convice people to watch and there exists the possibility that the TNA guy will say something that does more harm than good (and vice versa if they force MMA guys to discuss TNA--probably even moreso).

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
It seems stupid for Spike to do that. It's not like TNA guys are MMA experts, so why force interviewers to ask them about it? It likely won't do anything to convice people to watch and there exists the possibility that the TNA guy will say something that does more harm than good (and vice versa if they force MMA guys to discuss TNA--probably even moreso).
I agree
Plus its just a lame way to shove something at fans
I am glad that they were honest upfront that Spike forced them to talk Bellator

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
It could just as easily backfire. If a pro wrestler wanted to be MMA...He or she wouldn't be pro wrestling. And vice versa. There could very easily be bad blood between these two forms of entertainment, especially from the wrestlers to the MMA guys. MMA has been brutalizing pro wrestling for years. It takes food straight out their mouths and money straight out their wallets.

"YEAH! I LOVE BELLATOR! Order their PPVs instead of ours, I don't need the money or fame or fan appreciation."

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
From Meltzer:
Dixie Carter will appear on Bellator tonight. She's going to talk about King Mo. Her appearance is likely to mention a location for upcoming TV tapings as well. She couldn't do this on Impact because Impact was taped and all the production for the show was done earlier this week. Whatever she is talking about wasn't finalized until after all production on tonight's Impact show was completed.
More synergy

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
& the synergy just took a big hit

Emmanuel Newton, a 12-to-1 underdog, knocked out King Mo on tonight's Bellator show in Salt Lake City. More on this later.
The guy who was going to be the face of Spike (on both platforms) gets KO'd by a nobody