Springsteen sets three summer shows at Giants Stadium

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Springsteen sets three summer shows at Giants Stadium

Friday December 07, 2007, 11:50 AM

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band have confirmed shows at Giants Stadium, July 27, 28 and 31.

While this is significantly short of the 10 shows the band presented at Giants Stadium in 2003, more concerts could (and, probably, will) be added, if the first three sell out.

Springsteen has performed at the Meadowlands - Giants Stadium or the arena that is now called the Izod Center - 66 times in the past. Fifty-one of those shows have been with the E Street Band. Virtually all have sold out.

Tickets, priced at $65 and $95, go on sale Dec. 15 at noon through Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-By-Phone, (201) 507-8900, and Ticketmaster Online, ticketmaster.com.

Springsteen and the band are on tour in Europe, through Dec. 19, and will start up again Feb. 28, in Hartford, Conn. Their only other area show is March 10 at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York.

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
how does anyone pay 95 bucks, let alone 95 cents to listen to that mumbling, incoherent idiot? never got that one at all.

cosmic cow

RaMoooooone!!!
Jul 26, 2005
New Jersey
how does anyone pay 95 bucks, let alone 95 cents to listen to that mumbling, incoherent idiot? never got that one at all.
they will sell in minutes...............$95 doesn't seem like a rip off to me............Bon Jovi was charging $300 at the Prudential Center (that price should include some groupie action)

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
As of today, there are still seats left for all three shows. Thats kinda sad that Bruce cant sell out 3 shows in Giants stadium in the summer. I think it has something to do with him touring recently and not play alot of the older stuff they want to hear.
I went and saw him the other night in Hartford for the kick off of the 2nd leg of the tour. He didnt pull any of his political crap but played the entire new album which other then 2 songs, I could care less for. Born to Run and Badlands were really good but the rest of the show was alright. Ive always gone with the little new shit, more old stuff thing.

There was an awful lot of kids there with their parents which I found kind of strange. Some kid in front of us who couldnt have been older then 16 knew every word to every song. Old, new, rare. This kid knew them. It also wasn't a sell out and tickets were being sold at the box offices.

FMDoug

Nov 29, 2005
I heard the Hartford show was great. Then again, i'm coming from a different angle. I've seen Springsteen more than a few times and I'm a little tired of hearing born to run/badlands at concerts.

He opened with so young and in love. That must have been amazing.

I have a theory behind the giant stadium shows not selling out. I think there was no promotion. And when they did push it, it was during christmas. How many so-so fans go, springsteen is playing in 7 months - best get tickets now. It could be the worst ticket promotion job i've ever seen. I think as the date gets closer, he plays the show in Nassau, and drums up some TV performances, you will see the shows sell more. Probably not sell out, but close to max.

I don't care either way, because I got great tickets for the last night.

al885

May 1, 2003
dumb roland will have tickets to all 3 shows

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
I honestly don't understand why Bruce Springstein (on purpose) is that popular. Could someone give me a reason?

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
Ill agree that the Giants shows have had no promotion at all. The only reason I knew about them was when looking something up on ticketmaster I saw his name and clicked it. Also putting tickets on sale 7 months before the show seems a bit too long.
The show was good and for someone thats been doing it as long as he has, he really seems to still love being on stage and puts on a good show. I just wish he would have played more shit I knew and not some of those slow boring songs off the new album.

Oct 4, 2004
Las Vegas
I honestly don't understand why Bruce Springstein (on purpose) is that popular. Could someone give me a reason?
He's a great songwriter and awesome live performer with an amazing backup band. What more do you need? Yes, his politics are further to the left than mine, but he comes off as more genuine and sincere than most celebrity millionaire libs (i.e. still doing charity shows in smaller venues in Asbury Park).

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I heard he could only get 3 dates because Dice had filled up the rest of the schedule for the summer.

Insert lame crutch phrase here

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
springsteen is the best performer there is.

but giants stadium is not really a great venue for concerts unless youre on the floor.

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
Have fun paying $95 to go to an Obama rally.
He promised not to do his preachy shit this time around. The show I went to all he said was "Can you feel the winds of change comming..." and then went into one of his new songs that I think was called "Livin in the future".
I had heard there were alot of complaints and negative reviews from the first leg of his tour about it and he took the advice and stopped.