Staples To Sell Dell PC's

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Sep 14, 2006
Milwaukee
ROUND ROCK, Texas - Dell Inc. plans to sell computers and other electronics gear at 1,400 Staples Inc. stores, the latest departure from the direct-to-customer business model pioneered by the No. 2 computer maker.

Dell and the world's biggest office products supplier announced Monday that Staples would offer Dell desktop and notebook computers, monitors, printers, ink and toner starting Nov. 11. Dell products also will be available through Staples' Web site.
Initial Dell computer models to be sold at Staples include Inspiron 1721 and 1521 notebooks, and Inspiron 530 desktops.
Round Rock-based Dell was founded in the 1980s on a lower-cost, direct-to-consumer business model that made the company the global leader in PC sales. But Hewlett-Packard Co. overtook the top spot last year, and Dell started considering new ways to sell its products beyond the Internet and telephone sales.
In May, Dell struck a deal with Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world's largest retailer, to sell PCs in about 3,000 stores. Dell also has struck partnerships recently with Bic Camera Inc. in Japan, Carphone Warehouse PLC in Britain, and Gome stores in China.
With the Staples deal, Dell products will be available in more than 10,000 stores, Dell said.
Framingham, Mass.-based Staples already offers several other major computer brands, including HP, Acer and Toshiba Corp.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
Nice, more crap that Staples can overcharge you for.

Only good that could come of this is if Staples also sells Dell's replacement parts like fans, but they probably won't.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
Nice, more crap that Staples can overcharge you for.

Only good that could come of this is if Staples also sells Dell's replacement parts like fans, but they probably won't.
a fan is a fan, a hard drive is a hard drive. replacement parts can be found cheaper and better quality any where. except you dont have to deal with the rag head techs.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Big deal - you'll still be calling India for tech support
a fan is a fan, a hard drive is a hard drive. replacement parts can be found cheaper and better quality any where. except you dont have to deal with the rag head techs.
The sad truth is that the "Sub Human" Indian tech support people after reading the provided manuals and by following the troubleshooting script are better than 90% of typical U.S. computer users at diagnosing and fixing computer problems. Who do you think is doing this job in the states? Oh that's right some guy that just got the job through the un-employment office.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
The sad truth is that the "Sub Human" Indian tech support people after reading the provided manuals and by following the troubleshooting script are better than 90% of typical U.S. computer users at diagnosing and fixing computer problems. Who do you think is doing this job in the states? Oh that's right some guy that just got the job through the un-employment office.

True, but there's a better chance of my understanding what the guy from unemployment is saying to me.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
That's why I go to wackbag for all my tech needs. Has to be better than Abdul.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
This is fuckin news to me, and I WORK at Staples. I havent heard anything about this internally....

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Staples sold Dell PC's back in 1993 when I first started working there (I left there in '97). It didn't work out well. They only had a few models, and the way stuff changed, they got stuck with PC's that were overpriced compared to what you could buy directly from Dell. They ended up taking a bath, from what I recall and that relationship ended in a bad way.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Eh, got internal confirmation today of it. Im NOT happy about it. Dell sucks fat cock, and Im not looking forward to having to deal with their shitty products.