Star Trek: Discovery is on CBS' (On Demand Streaming Service)

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
So apparently Picard's show might push him into the Kelvin universe.......

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
So apparently Picard's show might push him into the Kelvin universe.......
I do not blame them. It would extremely difficult to stay in the canon of TNG, DS9, and Voyager. Enterprise tried to be reboot-ish with the Temporal Cold War.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I do not blame them. It would extremely difficult to stay in the canon of TNG, DS9, and Voyager. Enterprise tried to be reboot-ish with the Temporal Cold War.
You smoking crack?

Radioguy

Trek kabobs, trek creole, trek gumbo. There's pineapple trek, lemon trek, coconut trek, pepper trek, trek soup, trek stew, trek salad, trek and potatoes, trekburger, trek sandwich.
Trek does take on the flavor around it.

Saikotic

Donator
Trek kabobs, trek creole, trek gumbo. There's pineapple trek, lemon trek, coconut trek, pepper trek, trek soup, trek stew, trek salad, trek and potatoes, trekburger, trek sandwich.
I love trek. I'm having trek trek trek trek trek trek trek trek trek trek trek trek trek baked beans trek trek trek and trek.

Radioguy

Effects-wise, they seem to have given up on pretending this is "Prime" universe within the very first episode with apparently reusing Abrams' Enterprise engineering set (for the crashed ship), the lensflared "at warp" effect, and the Into Darkness space jump redux. They also seem to be giving us a Pike based more on Greenwood than Hunter too.

The "brother" nonsense of Burnham being Spock's sister aside, I will say that Spock said (in TOS) he had served 11 years with Pike before Kirk took the seat. Sadly, they probably feel they have plenty of time to play with before they have to decide to adopt TOS events or not.

Saikotic

Donator
Did anyone watch the first episode?

Saikotic

Donator
Tillie is exhausting.

Saikotic

Donator
Now THIS is podracing!

Saikotic

Donator
Use the force redshirt!

Saikotic

Donator
They're coming too fast!

Saikotic

Donator
That was a buncha dumb horseshit. I'll finish the rest of this tripe tomorrow.

Saikotic

Donator
I'm gonna finish this but keep my shit to one post.

-All the dramatic tension! LEAD CHARACTER! ARE YOU OK? DID YOU DIED? *yawn*
-Undeveloped bridge crew sighs with relief and at the slightly bigger paycheck this season.
-It's gonna take them 5 hours just to walk to the fucking ship
-or 2 seconds. Hazardous, craggy, sharp landscape? Pfeh.
-they didn't land, they crashed. Script needs an editor
-keep the phasers out because it's a shady situation. Remove your helmets immediately when unknown voice says it's cool
-forgot to mention that redshirt's face tech makes me think of Shelly from South Park
-I'm not gonna call Tig a Mary Sue because this is Star Star Trek and they always find a way to jury rig shit.
-Ok I liked that since they started to beam out, she couldn't grab the rock at the last second
-"This is the power of math, people!" Cringe.
-Go ahead and snoop through someone else's quarters
-I've conveniently encoded my destination into this audio file just in case anyone knows how to access it like I did as a child. Highly illogical.