Star Trek: Discovery is on CBS' (On Demand Streaming Service)

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
You know why Tilly won the race? SJW writers cannot show women being weak. Ever. Cmon, who are the most "important" characters on this show? Michael, the Klingon woman, the emperor, Tilly and kinda Pike with Saru getting an honorable mention. What are their weak character traits? Tilly is a spaz, but that's shown as her strength. Hell, she freaks out on the bridge and instead of being sent to the doctor, the captain has a sense of humor and kinda likes her.

What? You have a crew member showing signs of paranoia but it's ok, she's a strong woman. Nothing to see here.

Saikotic

Donator
Speaking of reshoots, anyone notice when Tilly's on the bridge lined up with other candidates (which was amusingly cut with May at both ends), she looks a bit thinner in the face than the rest of the episode?
Yeah I thought so too.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
You know why Tilly won the race? SJW writers cannot show women being weak. Ever. Cmon, who are the most "important" characters on this show? Michael, the Klingon woman, the emperor, Tilly and kinda Pike with Saru getting an honorable mention. What are their weak character traits? Tilly is a spaz, but that's shown as her strength. Hell, she freaks out on the bridge and instead of being sent to the doctor, the captain has a sense of humor and kinda likes her.

What? You have a crew member showing signs of paranoia but it's ok, she's a strong woman. Nothing to see here.
It's ridiculous. She beat men and women still running after she took a break. That cannot stand as anything interpretable other than a fuckup. It can't have been a conscious SJW-pandering scene, or else all the competition would've been male.

Anyhow, I now wonder if this could this be them actively trying to win back the Orville crowd by completely throwing reality out of the window.

Saikotic

Donator
Let's look at Twitter....

FRIENDSHIP?

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
That was the one that had me cackling.

Anyhow, Stammets does kind of like Tilly now. You could argue friendship since even Spock/McCoy had a more turbulent relationship and are basically still considered friends.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
One of the few standout characters added this season: Jett Reno. She's quite the effective asshole. I like her.