Star Trek Into Darkness : May 17, 2013

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
looks human but the ear is hidden and "enhancing" doesn't work so could also be vulcan or klingon

the uniform is unfamiliar. reminds me of stat trek's timecops or vulcans from the movie.

Set is unfamiliar as well.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
could that be the vulcan neck pinch? I thought it was where the shoulder meets the neck.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
i actually have a theory on who the villain is,

i think the villain is Gary Mitchell,

back in 2010 ign.com posted this article about an insider who gave some info on whoes going to be the villian in the next star trek and the source said
"It's definitely a character that will make fans of TOS excited," according to Badass' source. "Think along the lines of Harry Mudd, or Trelane, or Gary Mitchell, or the Talosians or the Horta. Actually, it's one of those that I named."
now Gary Mitchell was a friend of captain kirk who gets these omnipotent psychic powers and goes berserk and kirk has to kill him.

now if you look closely at Benedict Cumberbatch's shirt you can see the star fleet insignia, thus indicating he's a member of star fleet.

and if he's a member of star fleet than that means it's Gary Mitchell, like the source said.

and it would explain how he's able to fight it out with spock and not look too worried by a phaser being pointed at him.

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
For a better idea of how these scenes will look in the final movie, be sure to rub Vaseline into your eyes and shine a flashlight into your face while viewing.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Not really knowing anything about the original Gary Mitchell story line(horrible villain name btw), does it make sense that anything from the original series would be relevant in this new timeline?

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I didn't have a problem with the first movie's abundance of lens flares. Too much time is spent bitching about that and not enough about how horrible the Enterprise's engineering sections looked.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I didn't have a problem with the first movie's abundance of lens flares. Too much time is spent bitching about that and not enough about how horrible the Enterprise's engineering sections looked.
Yeah, looked like the the filter room at an olympic pool, only hopped up on ecstacy.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Not really knowing anything about the original Gary Mitchell story line(horrible villain name btw), does it make sense that anything from the original series would be relevant in this new timeline?
Kirk entered Starfleet later in life in this timeline and skipped his career at the lower ranks. He didn't go thru Starfleet with Bones in the old Timeline, his Academy buddy was Gary Mitchel. If Gary started his career years before then there wouldn't be a personal connection. Maybe they just instinctively like each other, like with Bones, and they become good friends anyway. Anyway, with the different timeline it means they can go in a completely different direction.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Will it be a refire of WoK?
I have no idea. I'll try and get more info. I know a guy who worked on it for almost a month, but he's a total meathead type, I don't even think he's ever seen anything having to do with Trek, but he said the villain was named Kahn.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
In this version they will probably kill 'em, but 20 years from now he can do the sequel.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I really hope the main villain is not Kahn. Nothing against Kahn but I would rather see them take it in a different direction rather than rehashing the actual second Star Trek movie. (Yes, I know their first encounter wasn't in WOK, but you know what I mean.)

If it is Mitchell, maybe Alice Eve is playing Dehner. Or maybe he's Gary Seven.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
Kahn was only in 1 episode and a movie I think but I could be wrong. besides even if it was Kahn (Which I doubt) it's a major downgrade from Ricardo Montalban.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Kahn was only in 1 episode and a movie I think but I could be wrong. besides even if it was Kahn (Which I doubt) it's a major downgrade from Ricardo Montalban.
How so? I mean, what can you point out in Montalban's filmography, especially his pre-Kahn filmography, that makes him so superior to Cumberbatch?

And yes, Kahn was only in one episode and a movie.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
Can Cumberbatch sell the hell out of Corinthian leather with his exotic accent?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
How so? I mean, what can you point out in Montalban's filmography, especially his pre-Kahn filmography, that makes him so superior to Cumberbatch?

And yes, Kahn was only in one episode and a movie.
It's spelled K-h-a-n.