Star Wars Battlefront II

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
So I love Battlefield 1 and most other Battlefield games and this is the same crew. Looks good. Has both multi and single player, land and space battles. I may get this if reviews are decent.

Anyone else?

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
So I love Battlefield 1 and most other Battlefield games and this is the same crew. Looks good. Has both multi and single player, land and space battles. I may get this if reviews are decent.

Anyone else?

I never bothered with the last game but since this has a single player i may give it a shot. Single player isnt a big selling point but its always nice to have something to avoid other people

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I never bothered with the last game but since this has a single player i may give it a shot. Single player isnt a big selling point but its always nice to have something to avoid other people
I'm never crazy about the single player side of these games but for this one I'd play it because: Star Wars.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
I'm never crazy about the single player side of these games but for this one I'd play it because: Star Wars.
I just like having the extra bits of the game to piss about with when the internet is down, im more conflicted about buying COD WW2 I know its cod, i know its the same shit and im being conned but....its WW2

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I just like having the extra bits of the game to piss about with when the internet is down, im more conflicted about buying COD WW2 I know its cod, i know its the same shit and im being conned but....its WW2
I know. I hate all CODs, don't want to play with COD ninnies...but WWII. UGH. I hoping it gets panned, just so I don't have to be tempted.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Paid loot boxes with items that give players a benefit. No thanks.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Looks like Reddit fear mongering as usual. It hasn't been confirmed that there is pay to win...yet.

There was the same "derp, sky is falling" bs about Battlefield 1 but the boxes turned out to be just weapon skins and negligible XP boosts that are shared with squad mates.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Looks like Reddit fear mongering as usual. It hasn't been confirmed that there is pay to win...yet.

There was the same "derp, sky is falling" bs about Battlefield 1 but the boxes turned out to be just weapon skins and negligible XP boosts that are shared with squad mates.
Check the link I just posted.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Check the link I just posted.
I did. "Some fans fear"

That's all I needed to read.

Nothing is confirmed. If they do it like Battlefield 1, which is likely, it won't give any real advantages. I chose to remain calm until anything is confirmed.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
I did. "Some fans fear"

Nothing is confirmed. If they do it like Battlefield 1, which is likely, it won't give any real advantages. I chose to remain calm until anything is confirmed.
"The special boxes can give gamers health boosters, upgraded weaponry and other special abilities that can help them to easily navigate and eventually win the game."

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
"The special boxes can give gamers health boosters, upgraded weaponry and other special abilities that can help them to easily navigate and eventually win the game."
"Some fans are raising their concerns". Can you show me confirmed proof that pay for play is in the game? I can't find any.

Again,

I did. "Some fans fear"

Like I said, they allll cried like cunts before Battlefield 1, and fell silent when the sky didn't fall. I'll wait and see. It's this type of running with rumors which makes games look like whiney little bitches.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
"Some fans are raising their concerns". Can you show me confirmed proof that pay for play is in the game? I can't find any.

Again,

Like I said, they allll cried like cunts before Battlefield 1, and fell silent when the sky didn't fall. I'll wait and see. It's this type of running with rumors which makes games look like whiney little bitches.
"EA has confirmed to Eurogamer that the players can indeed spend real money to score one or more of these loot boxes. Although they did not directly acknowledge fan worry regarding the use of money to expedite one’s gaming progress"

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
"EA has confirmed to Eurogamer that the players can indeed spend real money to score one or more of these loot boxes. Although they did not directly acknowledge fan worry regarding the use of money to expedite one’s gaming progress"
Wanna try again, friend? Thx.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Wanna try again, friend? Thx.
EA not acknowledging consumer concerns is not a good sign.
Until they confirm you cannot gain an advantage in game via loot boxes, I'll pass on the game.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
EA not acknowledging consumer concerns is not a good sign.
Until they confirm you cannot gain an advantage in game via loot boxes, I'll pass on the game.
Cool so you're passing on something you can't buy yet anyway.

I guess I'll do the same, until they confirm it will be much like Battlefield 1, where you don't get any distinct advantage from "Battle Crates" or whatever they call them.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
In the original Battlefront games single player was the fucking best. I've never been a huge fan of online multiplayer because there's so many people cheating. It's just exhausting.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
I blame the filthy stinking heebs who love to nickle n' dime everyone to death.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
In the original Battlefront games single player was the fucking best. I've never been a huge fan of online multiplayer because there's so many people cheating. It's just exhausting.
Yep, you're gonna run across the occasional cheater but I never found it exhausting. I've got like 250 hours on Battlefield 1 since last October and I've personally seen maybe 10 cheatniks.

Most of the time it's salty players who get killed by the same guy and start "hackusations". "Dude, you MUST be hacking!"

I've seen them banned while in-game if enough players report them quickly.

I DO like some single player too and if I get this game I'll play it because: Star Wars.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
There has to be some sort of loot boxes. They have to make the money somewhere since all the dlc will be free.

When you are selling games that cost more than $100 to make for $60, the gap has to be made up somewhere.

I wish they would come up with a better solution, though. At least keep it cosmetic.

Frankly, it's Star Wars, so I'm going to play the hell out of it. As long as the boxes have nothing that can't be acquired through normal play or are purely cosmetic, I'm fine with it.

If it's pay-to-win, that's a problem.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
There has to be some sort of loot boxes. They have to make the money somewhere since all the dlc will be free.

When you are selling games that cost more than $100 to make for $60, the gap has to be made up somewhere.

I wish they would come up with a better solution, though. At least keep it cosmetic.

Frankly, it's Star Wars, so I'm going to play the hell out of it. As long as the boxes have nothing that can't be acquired through normal play or are purely cosmetic, I'm fine with it.

If it's pay-to-win, that's a problem.
That's what annoys me about anti-loot box circle jerks online. Companies need to make money from their products to continue paying employees, hiring more employees and putting out more games. But if you say you hate "corporate greed" you win all the internet points because you're incapable of seeing the big picture.
If they're cosmetic items, awesome because choice is a thing. If not, get fucked.