Star Wars Battlefront II

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
It was never pay to win and STILL isn’t.

Guess you didn’t read the part where they reduced the cost of Heroes by 75%....yesterday. They also said they’ll be adjusting the economy as need be.

Fucking Reddit with their Herp Derp spreadsheets...just lol.

Did you see where your Reddit buddies made death threats against individual developers at Dice? Not even at EA, who controls the money, but software writers at Dice.
Death threats over not being able to unlock Vader.

You really need to put down Reddit, dude. It’s toxic. I see where you get your “ima piss on your parade” act.

By the way, the game is awesome. It truly is. It’s gonna need adjustment, etc, like every other game, but it’s awesome
The credits earned were also cut by 75%
Anyone making death threats is a cunt, but that dev tweeted they received 6 or 7 of them, so it's clearly widespread!

Reddit is toxic, but this place isn't? Hold on while I laugh until my pantaloons are soiled. And Reddit circlejerks annoy me greatly, but this one sure seems to be right. The Shadow of War hulabaloo was fucking stupid.

EA removing the pre order cancel button is a pretty scummy move.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
The credits earned were also cut by 75%
Anyone making death threats is a cunt, but that dev tweeted they received 6 or 7 of them, so it's clearly widespread!

Reddit is toxic, but this place isn't? Hold on while I laugh until my pantaloons are soiled. And Reddit circlejerks annoy me greatly, but this one sure seems to be right. The Shadow of War hulabaloo was fucking stupid.

EA removing the pre order cancel button is a pretty scummy move.
Nah, they’re not right. There’s not even pay to win. There goes their credibility right there.

You seem interested for months now yet all you do is “but Reddit says!!”
You shoulda just tried the free Beta. I’d rather hear YOUR opinion than a second hand opinion of Redditors, who overwhelmingly didn’t even play, but simply fart out Reddit Derps.

The game is awesome. Even the YouTubers who didn’t like the high cost of Heroes say that right up front.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Nah, they’re not right. There’s not even pay to win. There goes their credibility right there.

You seem interested for months now yet all you do is “but Reddit says!!”
You shoulda just tried the free Beta. I’d rather hear YOUR opinion than a second hand opinion of Redditors, who overwhelmingly didn’t even play, but simply fart out Reddit Derps.

The game is awesome. Even the YouTubers who didn’t like the high cost of Heroes say that right up front.
I did try the beta, and enjoyed it. I just dislike their lootbox system to where I won't buy the game due to it.

If spending money on microtransactions gives a benefit, like unlocking heroes faster, it's pay to win. Much like with freemium mobile games.

I don't give a hoot what the children on Reddit think, and they sure don't like what I think.

I'd rather get wrecked in a game due to shitty servers and bad vehicle physics(PUBG) than to some dude who bought himself Darth Vader.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I did try the beta, and enjoyed it. I just dislike their lootbox system to where I won't buy the game due to it.

If spending money on microtransactions gives a benefit, like unlocking heroes faster, it's pay to win. Much like with freemium mobile games.

I don't give a hoot what the children on Reddit think, and they sure don't like what I think.

I'd rather get wrecked in a game due to shitty servers and bad vehicle physics(PUBG) than to some dude who bought himself Darth Vader.
A small, temporary benefit is just that. It’s not pay to win.

I’ve been wrecking people already and I’m sure some of them bought crates. It isn’t a significant advantage, especially since you have to EARN the levels to even use much of what crates give.

To anyone afraid of “loot whales” beating them for a few days, I say "git gud".

You don't need to buy anything, ever. Nor does it give game changing advantages.

Also no paid DLC. It's all free it you own the game.

Last edited:

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
Good God are they fucked.

No refunds now because fuck everyone.

I hope there's a lawsuit that sets precedent for this kind of bullshit.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
Refunds for what?
Apparently they are not allowing people to refund BF2.

Thousands of people trying to return it, clogging up EA's customer service lines trying to get their money back.

A giant fuck you to the customer base if you ask me.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Apparently they are not allowing people to refund BF2.

Thousands of people trying to return it, clogging up EA's customer service lines trying to get their money back.

A giant fuck you to the customer base if you ask me.
They are allowing refunds. People are just angry at the lack of a refund on their website, which may have never ever even existed in the first place.
But the moral of the story is pre-ordering is dumb. It's silly to agree to pay for something in full that does not yet exist while there's still lots of time for the developer and publisher to add changes you may not like or want. There's also the whole digital availability.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
So in about 13 hours of play, I got to level 10, which allows me to craft tier 2 cards. The highest any “loot whale” could get from gambling on crates (there’s no guarantee), is level 3 (out of 4 levels).

From playing, you get crates anyway and I got a couple tier 3s and one tier 4.

Not even close to pay to win. In Starfighter Assault I was going 35-2 in some matches without buying ANY magical crates.

Just LOL at these babies. “MUH PROGRESHIN!” Just play and you progress just fine.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Besides Gears of War and playing with a few knuckleheads on here I've never dedicated anywhere near the amount of time the average online player dedicates.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
So like 6 years of content for $60. Seems like a steal.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I’ve played Battlefield 1 for over 400 hours and unlocked less than 1/3 of the stuff, and I’m likely almost done playing that game at all. Who cares?

Again, and nobody will address this: for $60 you can’t go wrong with this game. It’s 100% solid. I’m multiplayer level 10, didn’t buy any crates, and nobody is destroying me due to having bought loot crates, because they aren’t game changing. I don’t get all the Reddit Rage™.

-the game is $60, and that includes all future content. No paid DLC, season passes, etc. $60 is all you’d ever have to pay. $60.
-the game is fun as fuck...add points if you’re a SW fan.
-it looks and sounds spectacular. They really spent money on the production value.
-multiplayer is solid, several modes to play. At no time do I feel disadvantageged over “MUH PROGRESHIN!”, which isn’t advanced at all.
-Starfighter Assault ALONE is worth the $60 but the land battles are absolutely stunning, and fun as hell
-there’s offline Arcade Mode with both pre made battles and also a customizable battle maker thing that’s great to practice moves and load outs. It offers several maps. You could play that alone for hours like it’s nothing.

-the single player campaign is good. No idea how far I’ve gotten..maybe 30-40%? Solid, play and varied story. They will be adding more missions later, free. I’d give it a 9/10 so far.
It’s better already than the Battlefield 1 campaign, which was also decent, but short.

This is solid as hell $60 game especially considering many AAA titles suck $100+ out of ya with DLC or season passes, etc

$60...

So, on to “MUH PROGRESHIN!” and magical loot crates:
I’m maybe slightly above average at these types of games and nobody is Loot Stomping me. It’s just not happening. And in games where the player count is 20vs20, you kill, and get killed by the same players over and over again, naturally. I’d notice if the same guy who has all top tier cards on his Tie Interceptor was continuously pwning me. It’s just not happening. So ‘Loot Whales” aren’t game-killing like Reddit Rage™ wants it to be. They’re just not.

As far as progression looking insurmountably slow, if you went to the actual BF2 forums over the last year, people were actually worried there wouldn’t be ENOUGH grind.
Could it be deliberately slowed by EA to temp people into buy crates? Sure. But you don’t just jump ahead if you do so, so it’s not wise to do so. You STILL have to put in the hours to unlock the ablitly to upgrade your cards, which again, are not game changing.
In other words, who cares if you never unlock everything or if some people unlocked a 4x scope by buying $40 of crates? It’s NOT gonna affect how fun the game is for you, trust me.

Further, DICE/EA have stated everything will be adjusted over time, as most multiplayer games are.

All that said, I see lots of Reddit Rage™ By people who never had any intention of buying the game, but who doesn’t enjoy a good EA pile on, complete with death threats made against DICE? I get it, it’s fun. Nowhere NEAR the fun this game is though...for $60.

It’s $60.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
I’ve played Battlefield 1 for over 400 hours and unlocked less than 1/3 of the stuff, and I’m likely almost done playing that game at all. Who cares?

Again, and nobody will address this: for $60 you can’t go wrong with this game. It’s 100% solid. I’m multiplayer level 10, didn’t buy any crates, and nobody is destroying me due to having bought loot crates, because they aren’t game changing. I don’t get all the Reddit Rage™.

-the game is $60, and that includes all future content. No paid DLC, season passes, etc. $60 is all you’d ever have to pay. $60.
-it looks and sounds spectacular. They really spent money on the production value.
-multiplayer is solid, several modes to play. At no time do I feel disadvantageged over “MUH PROGRESHIN!”, which isn’t advanced at all.
-Starfighter Assault ALONE is worth the $60 but the land battles are absolutely stunning, and fun as hell
-there’s offline Arcade Mode with both pre made battles and also a customizable battle maker thing that’s great to practice moves and load outs. It offers several maps. You could play that alone for hours like it’s nothing.

-the single player campaign is good. No idea how far I’ve gotten..maybe 30-40%? Solid, play and varied story. They will be adding more missions later, free. I’d give it a 9/10 so far.
It’s better already than the Battlefield 1 campaign, which was also decent, but short.

This is solid as hell $60 game especially considering many AAA titles suck $100+ out of ya with DLC or season passes, etc

$60...

I’m maybe slightly above average at these types of games and nobody is Loot Stomping me. It’s just not happening. And in games where the player count is 20vs20, you kill, and get killed by the same players over and over again, naturally. I’d notice if the same guy who has all top tier cards on his Tie Interceptor was continuously pwning me. It’s just not happening. So ‘Loot Whales” aren’t game-killing like Reddit Rage™ wants it to be. They’re just not.

As far as progression looking insurmountably slow, if you went to the actual BF2 forums over the last year, people were actually worried there wouldn’t be ENOUGH grind.
Could it be deliberately slowed by EA to temp people into buy crates? Sure. But you don’t just jump ahead if you do so, so it’s not wise to do so. You STILL have to put in the hours to unlock the ablitly to upgrade your cards, which again, are not game changing.
In other words, who cares if you never unlock everything or if some people unlocked a 4x scope by buying $40 of crates? It’s NOT gonna affect how fun the game is for you, trust me.

Further, DICE/EA have stated everything will be adjusted over time, as most multiplayer games are.

All that said, I see lots of Reddit Rage™ By people who never had any intention of buying the game, but who doesn’t enjoy a good EA pile on, complete with death threats made against DICE? I get it, it’s fun. Nowhere NEAR the fun this game is though...for $60.

It’s $60.
Very cool.

$60...

It’s $60.
So is it or isn't it worth 60 bucks?