Star Wars Battlefront II

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
I’ve played Battlefield 1 for over 400 hours and unlocked less than 1/3 of the stuff, and I’m likely almost done playing that game at all. Who cares?

Again, and nobody will address this: for $60 you can’t go wrong with this game. It’s 100% solid. I’m multiplayer level 10, didn’t buy any crates, and nobody is destroying me due to having bought loot crates, because they aren’t game changing. I don’t get all the Reddit Rage.

-the game is $60, and that includes all future content. No paid DLC, season passes, etc. $60 is all you’d ever have to pay. $60.
-the game is fun as fuck...add points if you’re a SW fan.
-it looks and sounds spectacular. They really spent money on the production value.
-multiplayer is solid, several modes to play. At no time do I feel disadvantageged over “MUH PROGRESHIN!”, which isn’t advanced at all.
-Starfighter Assault ALONE is worth the $60 but the land battles are absolutely stunning, and fun as hell
-there’s offline Arcade Mode with both pre made battles and also a customizable battle maker thing that’s great to practice moves and load outs. It offers several maps. You could play that alone for hours like it’s nothing.

-the single player campaign is good. No idea how far I’ve gotten..maybe 30-40%? Solid, play and varied story. They will be adding more missions later, free. I’d give it a 9/10 so far.
It’s better already than the Battlefield 1 campaign, which was also decent, but short.

This is solid as hell $60 game especially considering many AAA titles suck $100+ out of ya with DLC or season passes, etc

$60...

So, on to “MUH PROGRESHIN!” and magical loot crates:
I’m maybe slightly above average at these types of games and nobody is Loot Stomping me. It’s just not happening. And in games where the player count is 20vs20, you kill, and get killed by the same players over and over again, naturally. I’d notice if the same guy who has all top tier cards on his Tie Interceptor was continuously pwning me. It’s just not happening. So ‘Loot Whales” aren’t game-killing like Reddit Rage wants it to be. They’re just not.

As far as progression looking insurmountably slow, if you went to the actual BF2 forums over the last year, people were actually worried there wouldn’t be ENOUGH grind.
Could it be deliberately slowed by EA to temp people into buy crates? Sure. But you don’t just jump ahead if you do so, so it’s not wise to do so. You STILL have to put in the hours to unlock the ablitly to upgrade your cards, which again, are not game changing.
In other words, who cares if you never unlock everything or if some people unlocked a 4x scope by buying $40 of crates? It’s NOT gonna affect how fun the game is for you, trust me.

Further, DICE/EA have stated everything will be adjusted over time, as most multiplayer games are.

All that said, I see lots of Reddit Rage By people who never had any intention of buying the game, but who doesn’t enjoy a good EA pile on, complete with death threats made against DICE? I get it, it’s fun. Nowhere NEAR the fun this game is though...for $60.

It’s $60.
You seem really insecure about liking this.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Norton? Is that you?
Your deflections are pretty good.
And to address your theory on my opinions, if I let Reddit completely influence them, I would be yammering on about how the government needs to do something about lootboxes because the children. But I'm not completely retarded.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Your deflections are pretty good.
And to address your theory on my opinions, if I let Reddit completely influence them, I would be yammering on about how the government needs to do something about lootboxes because the children. But I'm not completely retarded.
What deflections? I laid it all out in the longish post above. Your reply was silly at best.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
You let Reddit Rage™ form your opinions of stuff.
You let them turn you against Opie. I know you'll deny that, but unless you're claiming you've never gone to the O&A subreddit, I will laugh in the face of your denial.

(Goes to youtube to look up laughing videos in the face of your impending denial.)

I do appreciate your breakdown of the game though. I still haven't decided if I want to buy a PS4 just for that.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
You seem really insecure about liking this.
He's extremely touchy about pirating anything. He's yelled at me on multiple instances for downloading music off youtube or downloading games.

So every time he says, "its worth 60 bucks". That's him saying, "DON'T FUCKING STEAL THIS GAME!!!!".

I personally hope everyone who plays it steals it. EA deserves no money.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
He's yelled at me on multiple instances for downloading music off youtube or downloading games.
You’re lying, except about the game part.

Stealing games off the internet is no different than walking into a store and shoplifting a $60. Item, like a common thief. Saying “company x deserves no money” because you don’t like them doesn’t make it less than theft.

I kept mentioning the $60 due to Reddit Rage™ people crying that one would have to spend “DERP THOUSINDS OF DOLLERZ!” To level a character. You didn’t cross my mind at all, klepto. :action-sm

Last edited:

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
He's extremely touchy about pirating anything. He's yelled at me on multiple instances for downloading music off youtube or downloading games.

So every time he says, "its worth 60 bucks". That's him saying, "DON'T FUCKING STEAL THIS GAME!!!!".

I personally hope everyone who plays it steals it. EA deserves no money.
The theory is that the people who pay will have to pay more, because the companies that produce content need to make money, whether you think they deserve it or not. So in reality, you're not stealing from the companies, you're stealing from @Mags and those like him who are willing to pay for the stuff you're not.

I've newly discovered the magic of Kodi, and so I'm slowly turning to the dark side a bit. But I generally use it for stuff that I can't buy or wouldn't buy. To me, that's a bit of a difference.

I also feel like you're doing yourself a disservice watching cam versions of movies, but we've covered that and you don't seem to care.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
The theory is that the people who pay will have to pay more, because the companies that produce content need to make money
Like uninsured drivers or illegal aliens in the emergency rooms; we all have to pay for them.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
The theory is that the people who pay will have to pay more, because the companies that produce content need to make money, whether you think they deserve it or not. So in reality, you're not stealing from the companies, you're stealing from @Mags and those like him who are willing to pay for the stuff you're not.

I've newly discovered the magic of Kodi, and so I'm slowly turning to the dark side a bit. But I generally use it for stuff that I can't buy or wouldn't buy. To me, that's a bit of a difference.

I also feel like you're doing yourself a disservice watching cam versions of movies, but we've covered that and you don't seem to care.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017...acy-doesnt-hurt-game-sales-may-actually-help/

Video game piracy seems to have no adverse effect on the gaming industry.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job

But by watching a cam version, he can watch a movie he was going to hate in the worst possible quality so he can justify his hate. Because a good movie wouldn't suffer from bad sound, blurry picture, and being shot at an odd angle.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
You’re lying, except about the game part.
You do it with other stuff besides games.

The tech forum had a thread maybe a month ago about a good app or something to download music. I suggested Ruckstande just rip it off youtube like everyone does, and sure enough, you appeared like Zorro to scold me.

But by watching a cam version, he can watch a movie he was going to hate in the worst possible quality so he can justify his hate.
Its all about dialog. Bad dialog takes me out of a movie more than anything. So if the cam rip doesn't have good dialog then special effects can't save it.

Some people do use it as a gauge for quality and not just to steal. I'm very happy I didn't pay for Wolfenstein 2, that dog shit.

I played the first act of Divinity 2 a couple months ago and went to buy it because it was so good.

So in reality, you're not stealing from the companies, you're stealing from @Mags.
Nice.

Last edited:

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
You do it with other stuff beside games.

The tech forum had a thread maybe a month ago about a good app or something to download music. I suggested Ruckstande just rip it off youtube like everyone does, and sure enough, you appeared like Zorro to scold me.

Its all about dialog. Bad dialog takes me out of a movie more than anything. So if the cam rip doesn't have good dialog then special effects can't save it.

Some people do use it as a gauge for quality and not just to steal. I'm very happy I didn't pay for Wolfenstein 2, that dog shit.

I played the first act of Divinity 2 a couple months ago and went to buy it because it was so good.

Nice.
If more PC games offered demos, that would be great. Unfortunately piracy is often the only option to try before buying.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
If more PC games offered demos, that would be great. Unfortunately piracy is often the only option to try before buying.
Yeah, they stopped doing that like 10 years ago. I remember when game magazines used to have special issues where they shipped with demo CDs.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
There are more to movies than special effects. But if you'd rather just experience movies like audiobooks, why not just convert the file to an MP3 or print scripts since all that matters is dialogue, which would not at all be affected by sound quality or having to share sensory input with horrible visuals.

Or just stick with plays. What was the last play you saw?

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Yeah, they stopped doing that like 10 years ago. I remember when game magazines used to have special issues where they shipped with demo CDs.
Doom, FIFA and I think Prey are the only recent games I can think of that offer demos. Open betas are nice too and so are free weekends.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Thank you for answering my questions and your brave stance against special effects movies, the only movies we could possibly be referring to.
I don't watch many movies and resorted to a bit of sarcasm. I apologize.

Ok, serious business time! Put on your war face Jimcy.

The last movie I pirated was Rogue One.

I could see the faces pretty clearly, I could hear the words clearly, the fast paced scenes like space battles or planets being destroyed looked a bit muddy, but I knew what was going on.

I feel that seeing that version of the film was enough for me to make an informed opinion. Which was that movie fucking STUNK!

NotSoFast

Buy it through Steam and they give you two hours of game play to get a refund.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Buy it through Steam and they give you two hours of game play to get a refund.
It's not available through Steam since it's an EA title. They sell through their own platform, Origin. Which does have a refund system where you have 24 hours after you first launch the game or within 7 days of purchase if you haven't played it.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oh I was only funnin with ya then.