Star Wars Battlefront II

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
So now you’re gonna buy it? YaaaaaaY!
No. I'm going to be skeptical and hopeful that when microtransactions are introduced that they're just cosmetic.

If you want to dump extra money into a game in the hopes of getting a purple hat, good for you. Especially if it's funding further additions to the game. Because that's better than paid dlc maps that fracture the player base.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
No. I'm going to be skeptical and hopeful that when microtransactions are introduced that they're just cosmetic.

If you want to dump extra money into a game in the hopes of getting a purple hat, good for you. Especially if it's funding further additions to the game. Because that's better than paid dlc maps that fracture the player base.
I don’t understand. I thought your only reservation was “it’s pay to win”.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
I don’t understand. I thought your only reservation was “it’s pay to win”.
Yup. It is. And now my reservation is what will the implemented microtransactions be exactly. Also the reservation that I just spent quite a bit on a new GPU.
I'm far more likely to get it, when it's not $60.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Yup. It is. And now my reservation is what will the implemented microtransactions be exactly. Also the reservation that I just spent quite a bit on a new GPU.
I'm far more likely to get it, when it's not $60.
Got it. I only wonder how they pay for the FreeLC without loot whalez. At least the salt storm has subsided...for now.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Got it. I only wonder how they pay for the FreeLC without loot whalez. At least the salt storm has subsided...for now.
Oh it hasn't on Reddit. Dipshits think they'll add the pay to win shit back for Christmas. Which is as retarded of a statement as "They're turning the frogs gay!"

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oh it hasn't on Reddit. Dipshits think they'll add the pay to win shit back for Christmas. Which is as retarded of a statement as "They're turning the frogs gay!"
Reddit Rage™

The salt is strong with this one.

I'm DL it now. I was a bit skeptical, since I hate the bitching and cheating on SWBF1 /MP. I never played MP much and while it could be fun, just drives you nuts that people bitch that, *shocking* some people aren't as good as others and the hackers. Just have fun with it, fuckos.
I like solo play but getting it anyway. Supposedly additions to the SP maps in December, which would be nice

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I'm DL it now. I was a bit skeptical, since I hate the bitching and cheating on SWBF1 /MP. I never played MP much and while it could be fun, just drives you nuts that people bitch that, *shocking* some people aren't as good as others and the hackers. Just have fun with it, fuckos.
I like solo play but getting it anyway. Supposedly additions to the SP maps in December, which would be nice
Don’t shy away from the multiplayer. Is seriously fun.

Don’t shy away from the multiplayer. Is seriously fun.

Oh I play and try my best, just not good, like these other players that can get 20 kills. I don't care about numbers, except getting points to get better weapons and at least compete.
I get caught up looking at the details of the game and because it's such a fast pace, my fingers get clogged on keyboard. Guess I'm just use to solo play and going at my pace. Still love it though and glad they added more to solo play

anyone that plays PC, I'm... F_ckNut3 on there. HairyToeKnuckles was taken, the bastards

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
The theory is that the people who pay will have to pay more, because the companies that produce content need to make money, whether you think they deserve it or not. So in reality, you're not stealing from the companies, you're stealing from @Mags and those like him who are willing to pay for the stuff you're not.
I wanted to revisit this, and it’s NOT aimed towards, @DR. Jimcy M.E.

To me, it’s never about game pirating driving the cost up. If I want a game, $20 vs $60 means nothing in my decision to buy it. It’s about killing the PC gaming industry altogether. For example, look at how Rockstar treats the PC version of their GTA releases. We had to wait 18 months after the console versions were released. Their official line was, and still is: “we want to wring every cent out of it before we release it on PC and the stealing begins”.

This drives publishers to lean heavily towards console releases over PC counterparts. Granted, piracy isn’t the only reason for this, but it’s a pretty big factor.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
I wanted to revisit this, and it’s NOT aimed towards, @DR. Jimcy M.E.

To me, it’s never about game pirating driving the cost up. If I want a game, $20 vs $60 means nothing in my decision to buy it. It’s about killing the PC gaming industry altogether. For example, look at how Rockstar treats the PC version of their GTA releases. We had to wait 18 months after the console versions were released. Their official line was, and still is: “we want to wring every cent out of it before we release it on PC and the stealing begins”.

This drives publishers to lean heavily towards console releases over PC counterparts. Granted, piracy isn’t the only reason for this, but it’s a pretty big factor.
GTA 5 came out two months after the ps4 and xb1 versions. So it released in line with next gen console releases. So that argument is invalid in regards to PC.
Maybe it was a dick move to release for the ps3 and 360 well before the next gen consoles launched, but there's also the part where not every console gamer immediately buys the newest system.