Star Wars book club?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
@LiddyRules
Star Wars Resistance Reborn is out today, you in?

Anyone else.

Audio book is narrated by Marc Thompson, who us great.

BIV

Yes! Now tell me where I can get it for free otherwise NO!
Hmmm, should be around soon, I imagine. I had a stack of unused audible credits.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
Hmmm, should be around soon, I imagine. I had a stack of unused audible credits.
I don't do audio books. I've tried them before and can never pay attention.

BIV

I don't do audio books. I've tried them before and can never pay attention.
Well, if you run into a free version, let me know. I'd prefer print, but $15 for a kindle book is horse shit.

BIV

I've been listening at work. Star wars books are great with the SFX and soundtrack.

This particular guy is great with voices, as well.

Pretty good, so far. Gets a little schlocky in the middle.

This book us doing a lot of work for the next movie.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
I'm in, but I sort of want to be stupid heading into the next movie so I can rightfully complain about any narrative gaps between movies.

Also, don't think I'm driving as much as I should right now to guarantee I'll get through an audio book anytime soon.

BIV

It's fine. Entertaining. Answers a few of the questions we've been wondering, like where did all of these people come from since there were 30 at the end of TLJ.

They tried to smooth out Poe's story line. Rose has been relegated to a REMF, as she should be.

Rey was underutilized. Very little jedi stuff, they focused a lot on side characters. Lots of people from the comics that I didn't know. Learned a lot about the character played by the dude from Heroes, which I'm pretty sure was detailed in the comics.

Lots of re-emphasising the new EU aspects, in general. Including Rebels. They seem to be making a point of including Rebels stuff in all of thier properties.

Nothing offputting at all, really. Just no major stand outs. Glad I "read" it.

Well, if you run into a free version, let me know. I'd prefer print, but $15 for a kindle book is horse shit.
Star Wars Resistance Reborn is out today, you in?

Last edited by a moderator: