Movie Star Wars: Episode 9 - We're Sorry, We're So So Sorry - December 20, 2019, dir. JJ Abrams

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
But why? Nothing in the movie even hints at this. Did he fake his own death for the Porg's benefit? Milk monster's?

And what purpose would it serve? Outside of "but action figure," I don't see how a super triple twist would benefit the story.
He was too on the edge of the darkside, everytime you saw him he was in darkness and when Ray says she saw nothing, that he wasnt there 'shut himself off from the force' i think that suggests that what she was seeing wasnt luke or he simply wasnt there.....he may very well have already been dead, which would explain projecting himself but having to be centred on the island due to its connection to the force. This happened, sort of, to qui-gon and iirc the emperors essence/being is trapped and poisons the space around endor with the darkside

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
He was too on the edge of the darkside, everytime you saw him he was in darkness and when Ray says she saw nothing, that he wasnt there 'shut himself off from the force' i think that suggests that what she was seeing wasnt luke or he simply wasnt there.....he may very well have already been dead, which would explain projecting himself but having to be centred on the island due to its connection to the force. This happened, sort of, to qui-gon and iirc the emperors essence/being is trapped and poisons the space around endor with the darkside

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Normally expect this level of irrelevant Star Wars knowledge from @BIV.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Ok @BIV let me know what you think of this one - a theory that would allow us both to be right:

If you don't want to watch the video, it basically says that The Emperor (or someone) cloned Rey from Luke's hand.

Watch the Force Vision from TFA again and suddenly this theory makes a whole lot of fucking sense:

The vision starts in Bespin, where Luke lost his hand, then goes to Luke watching the new Jedi Temple burning, with a close up of his hand, and that hand on R2D2.

It explains so much - Why is Rey so Force proficient? Why do Han and Leia seem to recognize her even though they've never met her? Why is she such a great pilot? Why does R2D2 wake up when she enters the base?

As to how they got a girl clone with brown eyes out of a blue eyed boy's hand, I think Luke having a twin sister with brown eyes is a simple enough explanation for that.

Last edited:

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Ok @BIV let me know what you think of this one - a theory that would allow us both to be right:

If you don't want to watch the video, it basically says that The Emperor (or someone) cloned Rey from Luke's hand.

Watch the Force Vision from TFA again and suddenly this theory makes a whole lot of fucking sense:

I don't know. I honestly don't think the new Star Wars would go that "weird." It's like when TWP talks about introducing time travel. I think they're going to play it as down the line as possible.

Pigdango

Donator
I don't know. I honestly don't think the new Star Wars would go that "weird." It's like when TWP talks about introducing time travel. I think they're going to play it as down the line as possible.
Yeah, but cloning is a concept as old as Star Wars itself. This is the literally the least weird thing they could possibly do.

LiddyRules

Yeah, but cloning is a concept as old as Star Wars itself. This is the literally the least weird thing they could possibly do.
I guess we'll wait and see.

I mean what else is there to say?

Pigdango

Donator

Pigdango

Donator
Fucking Christ - mirror image of Luke holding out his saber in his right hand:

They must be laughing hysterically at all the hatred dumped on poor Rian Johnson. This was the fucking plan all along, I'm convinced.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

The vision starts in Bespin, where Luke lost his hand, then goes to Luke watching the new Jedi Temple burning, with a close up of his hand, and that hand on R2D2.

It explains so much - Why is Rey so Force proficient? Why do Han and Leia seem to recognize her even though they've never met her? Why is she such a great pilot? Why does R2D2 wake up when she enters the base?

As to how they got a girl clone with brown eyes out of a blue eyed boy's hand, I think Luke having a twin sister with brown eyes is a simple enough explanation for that.
Huh.

Huh.....that....hmmmmm.

Yeah, I'll allow it. That could totally work.

The parents she remembers could be random adoptive parents or former empire in hiding. That would explain thier callous attitude towards her.

It also explains her instant connection to not only the Skywalkers, as you said, but Ben as well.

The darkness Luke saw in her was the inherent darkness of the Skywalker bloodline without her actually being anyone's kid.

Fuck. You're right. That may have been the plan all along.

God damn. That could also explain Snoke. He's a failed clone of the Emperor.

LiddyRules

Fucking Christ - mirror image of Luke holding out his saber in his right hand:

They must be laughing hysterically at all the hatred dumped on poor Rian Johnson. This was the fucking plan all along, I'm convinced.
I'm not saying it's not a good idea. I'm not saying I don't like the idea. I'm not even saying it wasn't the plan originally. What I'm saying is, I need to be convinced Star Wars won't play it crazy safe.

LiddyRules

Huh.

Huh.....that....hmmmmm.

The parents she remembers could be random adoptive parents or former empire in hiding. That would explain thier callous attitude towards her.

It also explains her instant connection to not only the Skywalkers, as you said, but Ben as well.

The darkness Luke saw in her was the inherent darkness of the Skywalker bloodline without her actually being anyone's kid.

Richard E. Grant is original Snoke. This is original Rey

LiddyRules

Huh.

Huh.....that....hmmmmm.

Serious question for both of you. If this is the scenario, would you want McDiarmid back? Because I think you'd need to see Palpatine* in a flashback for this to really work. If it's just someone telling Rey like Kylo with his parents speech ("oh by the way, you're Luke's hand or whatever"), that would be really bland. And if it's someone as an Emperor proxy talking to nothing but a silhouette of the Emperor, it wouldn't have the impact it needs to have to really sell what happened.

* And it needs to at least be AotC-era Palpatine. It can't be someone new as Palpatine planning this 50 years before he becomes Chancellor.

** Wait, it can't even be AotC-era Palpatine. It would need to be ESB era Palpatine.

*** And if the Emperor is cloning Snoke and Luke's hand, I think he'd need to be a major character in the movie (at least a key role cast) because his presence will be informing everything that's happened since, like some sort of phantom menace.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Serious question for both of you. If this is the scenario, would you want McDiarmid back? Because I think you'd need to see Palpatine* in a flashback for this to really work. If it's just someone telling Rey like Kylo with his parents speech ("oh by the way, you're Luke's hand or whatever"), that would be really bland. And if it's someone as an Emperor proxy talking to nothing but a silhouette of the Emperor, it wouldn't have the impact it needs to have to really sell what happened.

* And it needs to at least be AotC-era Palpatine. It can't be someone new as Palpatine planning this 50 years before he becomes Chancellor.

** Wait, it can't even be AotC-era Palpatine. It would need to be ESB era Palpatine.

*** And if the Emperor is cloning Snoke and Luke's hand, I think he'd need to be a major character in the movie (at least a key role cast) because his presence will be informing everything that's happened since, like some sort of phantom menace.
Not only do I think we'd need him back, if this is true, I'd expect the Emperor (obviously his clone) to be back as well.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
This has got me interested. Is this setting the internet aflame, or just a slow boil? If the former, you know they can just adopt it and run with it, of course.

Anyhow, it's more than I expected from JJ/Disney. I'd be a bit impressed if it's true.

As long as they don't try to shoehorn Ashy Dookie into the movie, I'm good with it.

But here is my question for everybody:

If the clone theory is true, does that make up for The Last Jedi? Because I have a funny feeling for a majority of people who hate that movie, it doesn't.

Pigdango

Donator
As long as they don't try to shoehorn Ashy Dookie into the movie, I'm good with it.

But here is my question for everybody:

If the clone theory is true, does that make up for The Last Jedi? Because I have a funny feeling for a majority of people who hate that movie, it doesn't.
General consensus from the comments on the video is that this fixes Rey, and fixes Star Wars. Doesn’t necessarily fix all the problems with TLJ, but it does fix some of the major ones.

And yes, Lids - of course bring McDiarmid back as Palps in a flashback.

And hell yes I want Matt Smith to be playing a young clone of Palps.