Movie Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - We're Sorry, We're So So Sorry - December 20, 2019, dir. JJ Abrams

The Force Awakens - The Last Jedi - The Rise of Skywalker

Thinking this isn't referencing Luke or Leia

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Ok there's 6 possible meanings I can think of to Rise of Skywalker. Here are the 5 in order of likelihood:

1) Rey is a Skywalker. Either a clone or a kid.
2) Luke comes back - Rey might not be the only clone, or he just comes back as a Force Ghost, or he was never dead in the first place
3) Mara Jade Skywalker?
4) Rey and Kylo have a kid - technically a 3rd generation Skywalker
5) Clone of Anakin?
6) Kylo is redeemed. Thing is he's a Solo, right? So that doesn't really work so well. Even if he's redeemed I don't think that's what the title is referring to.

And I think there's a possibility it may mean more than one of those things.
You honestly think Rey and Kylo fuck? I think we're looking at a longshot there.

I definitely think Luke will be a Force Ghost. And I'm starting to buy in to Rey being a clone from Skywalker's hand.

I sense Mara Jade won't be a part of this at all.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
So here's the $64,000 question (RIP Charles Van Doren)...

If they do make Rey a clone that is from Skywalker's severed hand, does that redeem The Last Jedi at all?

I'm still a fan of The Last Jedi (Not all of it, but I appreciated what Rian did, even if others didn't), even if this doesn't happen.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
You honestly think Rey and Kylo fuck? I think we're looking at a longshot there.

I definitely think Luke will be a Force Ghost. And I'm starting to buy in to Rey being a clone from Skywalker's hand.

I sense Mara Jade won't be a part of this at all.
I don't think that's where they are going with this, but there's a lot of ReyLo fan fiction out there, so I have to acknowledge it's a possibility. There's also been a persistent rumor that she has a kid in this movie.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
I don't think that's where they are going with this, but there's a lot of ReyLo fan fiction out there, so I have to acknowledge it's a possibility. There's also been a persistent rumor that she has a kid in this movie.
I just read somewhere that it can’t be possible to be Luke’s clone because she’s a girl!

But they DID make a clone of Luke... and that clone got busy (Maybe with Mara Jade?) and had a kid. So maybe you’re right, there’s another Luke, and the clone or the real deal died in Last Jedi.

Hmm.

If they do make Rey a clone that is from Sklywalker's severed hand, does that redeem The Last Jedi at all?
From the looks of the trailer, it seems like this is going to be another "discovery" movie. Not really tying up loose ends like it should. Rey needs to scour the galaxy to track down the truth. I wonder if this will be mostly Rey's story and some Rebellion stuff thrown in for shits and giggles. Oh and the First Order is dead...yay!

Pigdango

Donator
So here's the $64,000 question (RIP Charles Van Doren)...

If they do make Rey a clone that is from Skywalker's severed hand, does that redeem The Last Jedi at all?

I'm still a fan of The Last Jedi (Not all of it, but I appreciated what Rian did, even if others didn't), even if this doesn't happen.
Yes, it redeems it quite a bit. Somewhere (either this thread, TLJ thread, or the general SW one) I broke down the whole theory and how there are clues in TFA and TLJ that indicate this was planned from the beginning. People will never accept that because they somehow think it's more believable that a $4 Billion dollar property is being made up on set, but whatever. Even Zack Snyder had a plan, I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that JJ had one too.

And I've said from the beginning (like literally, I think my initial post on TLJ) that I was reserving full judgment until after Episode 9 came out. I've also said that the Luke, Kylo and Rey stuff was great, especially the Ramadan scenes. That being said, they still have to own how bad they fucked up the entire rest of the movie. There's no explaining or redeeming the choices they made with Finn, Holdo, Leia, Poe, and Rose. No amount of pity applause (as @Neon called it) for Kelly Marie Tran will ever fix how bad her character was. They can course correct in this film, but you can't erase her from TLJ any more than you can erase Jar Jar from Episode 1.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Yes, it redeems it quite a bit. Somewhere (either this thread, TLJ thread, or the general SW one) I broke down the whole theory and how there are clues in TFA and TLJ that indicate this was planned from the beginning. People will never accept that because they somehow think it's more believable that a $4 Billion dollar property is being made up on set, but whatever. Even Zack Snyder had a plan, I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that JJ had one too.

And I've said from the beginning (like literally, I think my initial post on TLJ) that I was reserving full judgment until after Episode 9 came out. I've also said that the Luke, Kylo and Rey stuff was great, especially the Ramadan scenes. That being said, they still have to own how bad they fucked up the entire rest of the movie. There's no explaining or redeeming the choices they made with Finn, Holdo, Leia, Poe, and Rose. No amount of pity applause (as @Neon called it) for Kelly Marie Tran will ever fix how bad her character was. They can course correct in this film, but you can't erase her from TLJ any more than you can erase Jar Jar from Episode 1.
That pity applause for Kelly Marie Tran..., How can you feel good about that? There was a certain level of condescension that comes with something like that, even if it was done in good faith. I would be mortified. It’s like cheering on a Special Olympian for just trying.

Pigdango

Donator

Pigdango

Donator
That pity applause for Kelly Marie Tran..., How can you feel good about that? There was a certain level of condescension that comes with something like that, even if it was done in good faith. I would be mortified. It’s like cheering on a Special Olympian for just trying.
Those special ed kids love that shit. Tran seemed to be eating it up as well. Just saying.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
Haven't watched trailer because want to see it on bigger screen, but Rise of Skywalker is a stupid name. And I REALLY didn't want to be a "that's a stupid title!" guy.

Pigdango

Donator
Haven't watched trailer because want to see it on bigger screen, but Rise of Skywalker is a stupid name. And I REALLY didn't want to be a "that's a stupid title!" guy.
Every Star Wars title is stupid. All of them.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
Ok there's 6 possible meanings I can think of to Rise of Skywalker. Here are the 6 in order of likelihood:

1) Rey is a Skywalker. Either a clone or a kid.
2) Luke comes back - Rey might not be the only clone, or he just comes back as a Force Ghost, or he was never dead in the first place
3) Mara Jade Skywalker?
4) Rey and Kylo have a kid - technically a 3rd generation Skywalker
5) Clone of Anakin?
6) Kylo is redeemed. Thing is he's a Solo, right? So that doesn't really work so well. Even if he's redeemed I don't think that's what the title is referring to.

And I think there's a possibility it may mean more than one of those things.
Did The Last Jedi actually mean anything other than awkwardly shoehorned dialogue? And there was even discussion about whether Jedi was singular or plural. There's only one gang who can really get to the bottom of this. A crew if you will.

Gif

So for tonight - who sends the alert, do you want to switch to Solo?

Pigdango

Donator
Did The Last Jedi actually mean anything other than awkwardly shoehorned dialogue? And there was even discussion about whether Jedi was singular or plural. There's only one gang who can really get to the bottom of this. A crew if you will.

Gif

So for tonight - who sends the alert, do you want to switch to Solo?
I kind of wanted @BIV for Solo, but on second thought, you're right - fuck BIV.

Nah, let's stick with Hercules. That looks really fun. I'll do the thread thing now.

I actually didn't think Luke's "And I won't be the last Jedi" was awkward or shoehorned. It was a great moment in the film until they fucked it all to hell with the CGI rocks.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
So what planet is that at the end? Endor or Yavin 4?

Terrible name......pretty good trailer.

BIV

As of this point, I'm in the "Rey is a Clone" camp. It lets them tie up multiple loose ends without breaking the last two movies.

BIV

I kind of wanted @BIV for Solo, but on second thought, you're right - fuck BIV.

Nah, let's stick with Hercules. That looks really fun. I'll do the thread thing now.

I actually didn't think Luke's "And I won't be the last Jedi" was awkward or shoehorned. It was a great moment in the film until they fucked it all to hell with the CGI rocks.
Want to do Solo on Saturday?

BIV

What's with the little droid next to BB-8 at 1:20 and 1:37? Maybe he's Lando's.

Lando looks pretty good....but why is he wearing the same clothes from RotJ?

Is that Tatooine...again? Or Jakku? Yet another desert world?

And I didn't see R2-D2 anywhere. I hope they didn't force him to hang out with Ms. Dumb Face the whole movie.

The lack of Rose anywhere in the trailer is interesting.

Okay, JJ, my curiosity is peaked. Don't fuck it up.

mascan42

I just read somewhere that it can’t be possible to be Luke’s clone because she’s a girl!

But they DID make a clone of Luke... and that clone got busy (Maybe with Mara Jade?) and had a kid. So maybe you’re right, there’s another Luke, and the clone or the real deal died in Last Jedi.

Hmm.
All it would take is a quick chromosome tweak. But this whole line of thinking brings to mind shitty Spiderman comics from the 90s.

Are we sure that was Palpatine's laugh? It didn't sound raspy enough.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
So they are getting ahead of everything by releasing tidbits of the plot through teases and the information that after this movie there will be brief halt to movies. I can expect another tragedy in 9 because that is their pattern.

That boy fighter did not make up for the loses in 8.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
All it would take is a quick chromosome tweak. But this whole line of thinking brings to mind shitty Spiderman comics from the 90s.

Are we sure that was Palpatine's laugh? It didn't sound raspy enough.
He showed up at Celebration to have them replay the trailer. So yeah, it’s Palpy.

New Star Wars news means new Nerd Crew. The incoming reaction videos of bearded faggots only makes them stronger.