Movie Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - We're Sorry, We're So So Sorry - December 20, 2019, dir. JJ Abrams

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
I just read somewhere that it can’t be possible to be Luke’s clone because she’s a girl!

But they DID make a clone of Luke... and that clone got busy (Maybe with Mara Jade?) and had a kid. So maybe you’re right, there’s another Luke, and the clone or the real deal died in Last Jedi.

Hmm.
1) Mara Jade has nothing to do with this timeline. Deal with it. I don't know how the Palps timeline matches up, I still say REG should be young Snoke, but there's no Mara Jade in this universe.

2) 10 years ago, no one would have cared if Luke's hand clone was female. Now, it'll be painted as a full on assault on our precious cocks. Did Brie Larson write this script?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
1) Mara Jade has nothing to do with this timeline. Deal with it. I don't know how the Palps timeline matches up, I still say REG should be young Snoke, but there's no Mara Jade in this universe.

2) 10 years ago, no one would have cared if Luke's hand clone was female. Now, it'll be painted as a full on assault on our precious cocks. Did Brie Larson write this script?
More likely it's an EU thing. Clones were always exact physical replicas (aside from injuries, etc)

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
More likely it's an EU thing. Clones were always exact physical replicas (aside from injuries, etc)
Clones and going into the future, or back to it, are such lazy plot devices. They should just tie the villain up with ropes and have Rain Johnson rip a mask off the guy. "It was Luke all along!".

Let the Skywalkers die. Let the series die. Just burn everything to the ground.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
As I said before, this can easily be explained by the fact that Luke had a twin sister. Rules don’t apply because they never cloned a twin before.

Also who’s to say they didn’t take Leia’s DNA when they had her prisoner?

BIV

As I said before, this can easily be explained by the fact that Luke had a twin sister. Rules don’t apply because they never cloned a twin before.

Also who’s to say they didn’t take Leia’s DNA when they had her prisoner?
But you know, if they do this, they will be using this to tie up the lightsaber/ Maz loose end. That means Luke's hand.

I'm going way anti hand clone. But not because I wiuldnt find it interesting.

It's part because I find it silly only some hand conspiracy theory can save the trilogy. The other part because I just dont think they would go that obscure.

And maybe it's me being old too but clones, to me, equals exact replicas which would be a male for Luke. Call it EU if you'd like.

In fact changing a clone to the opposite gender is some other unwritten rule change like force touching they have to throw in because because.

God damn it why show Luke's X wing in the water if no one is gonna force lift that shit out in TLJ? Huh?

I will say that the trailer, for some reason I cant figure yet, gave me hope it may not suck. Then again I had nowhere to go but up in the hope department anyways.

Edited to add that hope was tested by the introduction of the new droid "friend' to BB8 they had come out with the panel. Oh look another cute shit thing to look at.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BIV

I will say that the trailer, for some reason I cant figure yet, gave me hope it may not suck. Then again I had nowhere to go but up in the hope department anyways.
Agreed, for no rational reason. The first TLJ trailer looked good too.

Edited to add that hope was tested by the introduction of the new droid "friend' to BB8 they had come out with the panel. Oh look another cute shit thing to look at.
Cute droid>porg

I just hope that's not wrecked and rebuilt R2.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Yes, it redeems it quite a bit. Somewhere (either this thread, TLJ thread, or the general SW one) I broke down the whole theory and how there are clues in TFA and TLJ that indicate this was planned from the beginning. People will never accept that because they somehow think it's more believable that a $4 Billion dollar property is being made up on set, but whatever. Even Zack Snyder had a plan, I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that JJ had one too.

And I've said from the beginning (like literally, I think my initial post on TLJ) that I was reserving full judgment until after Episode 9 came out. I've also said that the Luke, Kylo and Rey stuff was great, especially the Ramadan scenes. That being said, they still have to own how bad they fucked up the entire rest of the movie. There's no explaining or redeeming the choices they made with Finn, Holdo, Leia, Poe, and Rose. No amount of pity applause (as @Neon called it) for Kelly Marie Tran will ever fix how bad her character was. They can course correct in this film, but you can't erase her from TLJ any more than you can erase Jar Jar from Episode 1.
I disagree about it redeeming TLJ because it agrees with something I've said about the new series for awhile. The stuff that needs redeeming isn't Rey or Kylo Ren, it's everything else. Especially in TLJ, that stuff is the strongest, most emotionally relevant part of all the movies. Outside of being disappointed that "your parents are nobody" is there anything really bad about what happens between the two? (Up until Rey rejoins the Resistance?)

It's everything else - especially in TLJ - that's lacking. Not just Rose and Canto Bright but nothing happens with the Resistance. Nothing happens with the First Order. No one has an arc. I don't care about where anyone goes. I've never been worried about where Rey's story would go. It's the amount of time they have to spend with everyone else that needs to be fixed.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I disagree about it redeeming TLJ because it agrees with something I've said about the new series for awhile. The stuff that needs redeeming isn't Rey or Kylo Ren, it's everything else. Especially in TLJ, that stuff is the strongest, most emotionally relevant part of all the movies. Outside of being disappointed that "your parents are nobody" is there anything really bad about what happens between the two? (Up until Rey rejoins the Resistance?)

It's everything else - especially in TLJ - that's lacking. Not just Rose and Canto Bright but nothing happens with the Resistance. Nothing happens with the First Order. No one has an arc. I don't care about where anyone goes. I've never been worried about where Rey's story would go. It's the amount of time they have to spend with everyone else that needs to be fixed.
Rey isn’t just a nothing because her parents are nothing. She’s a nothing so far in the overall story - essentially an innocent bystander to Kylo’s family squabbles. One way or other they need to give her a reason to be there.

BIV

D-O. They named the fucking droid DO, or D0 or Dio.
Dee Oh. Stupid.

FANBOY SPECULATION!

Yeeeech.
I haven't read it, because the new books are fucking stupid, but there is a group of force users called Sky Walkers (possibly one word, I don't know) in a recent book who use their force abilities to navigate space lanes where warp is impossible.

The speculation is that they were specifically introduced in the book so they could be used in the movie and a "Skywalker" will become the new name for force users as a replacement for the Jedi.

I think it's horse shit, but I thought I'd share.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I watched the trailer and spooky force ghost voice actor Mark Hamil voice was the only good thing to speak of.

I don't see anything else that to be hyped about. Maybe the name. Whatever it means.

BIV

I heard some more rumors, but so did Mr. Sunday Movies, so I'll let him say it. He's far more entertaining than me.