Movie Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi , Written and Directed by Rian Johnson: December 15, 2017

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Written and Directed by Rian Johnson.

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-...direct-star-wars-episode-viii?linkId=12857863

"In addition, Iger confirmed that Rian Johnson will write and direct Star Wars: Episode VIII. The film, which continues the saga after the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is set for release on May 26, 2017 — forty years and a day after the release of Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977. Johnson is widely considered one of cinema’s most gifted young filmmakers, having directed the modern sci-fi classic, Looper, as well as Brick and The Brothers Bloom. He was also behind the camera for three episodes of the critically-acclaimed TV series Breaking Bad, including “Ozymandias,” which series creator Vince Gilligan named as the best installment of the show. Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman, producer of Looper, Don Jon, Brick, and The Brothers Bloom, are on board to produce."

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Just 3 weeks after Guardians 2? :confused:

Prediction: Spidey reboot moves to May 5th, guardians moves to July.

Pigdango

Donator
Seems like Scoop Lehecka missed the really big announcement of the day: They're making a Frozen 2!

This is why its pointless to go to Comic Con these days. When a studio does all its dick swinging in March, they have nothing left to announce come July.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
This is why its pointless to go to Comic Con these days. When a studio does all its dick swinging in March, they have nothing left to announce come July.
I wouldn't exactly say it's pointless. It's still fun.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
So a year and a half after Episode VII. Anyone remember like anticipation or waiting or excitement as details slowly leak out?

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
So a year and a half after Episode VII. Anyone remember like anticipation or waiting or excitement as details slowly leak out?
There is something to be said for a slow movie build. 3 years, to me, is the sweet spot between blockbuster movies. You're not saturating the market, and you're not making people forget about the franchise.

That being said, In this age of "now now now" and 4 months between theater and home theater releases, maybe 2 years should be the new 3 years?

LiddyRules

There is something to be said for a slow movie build. 3 years, to me, is the sweet spot between blockbuster movies. You're not saturating the market, and you're not making people forget about the franchise.

That being said, In this age of "now now now" and 4 months between theater and home theater releases, maybe 2 years should be the new 3 years?
But considering the amount of time it takes to do effects, you'll be filming the sequel before the previous one is even out and you'll have no idea what worked, what didn't. But with this, we have yearly Star Wars? That seems too much.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
But considering the amount of time it takes to do effects, you'll be filming the sequel before the previous one is even out and you'll have no idea what worked, what didn't. But with this, we have yearly Star Wars? That seems too much.
UNIVERSES X MULTIPLIERS = PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!!

LiddyRules

I wouldn't have even minded if Star Wars carved out November/December as its own niche time of year. But no, WE NEED EVERYTHING NOWWWWWWWWW.

The trailer attached to Star Wars will be Star Wars.

UNIVERSES X MULTIPLIERS = PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!!
And let me guess. There'll be post-credits sequences and post-post credit sequences.

Pigdango

Donator
Too much Star Wars?

Fuck you.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
I'm with Liddy.

Everyone is sick of super hero movies and Disney is going "Hey, people aren't sick of super hero movies, let's do Star Wars like that!"

Pigdango

Donator
Nobody is sick of superhero movies except giant fucking assholes.

Last edited:

Pigdango

Donator
There are 700 movies coming out in 2016. 7 are superhero movies. ITS A GODDAMN EPIDEMIC I TELL YOU!

Meh, I find that the best way to avoid getting burnt out or sick of superhero movies is to not pay much attention to the talk/speculation years before it actually comes out. And all those people who are sick of superhero movies will change their tune if the movie's good.

LiddyRules

I'm kind of burned out on them. I mean, I'm definitely seeing Avengers 2, but Ant-Man and Fantastic Four are currently "up in the air."

Pigdango

Donator
Meh, I find that the best way to avoid getting burnt out or sick of superhero movies is to not pay much attention to the talk/speculation years before it actually comes out. And all those people who are sick of superhero movies will change their tune if the movie's good.
This guy gets it. Ive said a hundred times that when they start making shitty ones the whole thing will fall apart. So the assholes that are sick of them can thank god for Zack Snyder.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I'm rather "meh" about FF myself, but I'm psyched about Ant-Man. Especially after Agent Carter, which was great. I hope there is some incorporation.

Pigdango

Donator
What do you fucking want me to say? The idea of seeing Iron Man in Captain America 3 fills me with mind-numbing joy?
I can't judge you. I'm sitting here drunk watching Zeparella.

And let me guess. There'll be post-credits sequences and post-post credit sequences.
Get your shit straight, it's a mid credit sequence between the above the line and the below the line peons, then a post credit scene.