Movie Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi , Written and Directed by Rian Johnson: December 15, 2017

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
So when does this get the HitW treatment?

BIV

Want to be fucking gross and make it May 4?
What day of the week is that? I need Fri no earlier than 8pm pst or any time on the weekend. I could do it after 8 on weekdays, but east coast folks need to sleep

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
What day of the week is that? I need Fri no earlier than 8pm pst or any time on the weekend. I could do it after 8 on weekdays, but east coast folks need to sleep
I don't fucking know. I just know it would be gross.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Fuck I missed this half in the wackbag during the Holiday season.

This is a franchise ruining debacle of a film. It was a major reason why Solo bombed. This one and Solo pissed away all the good will from Force Awakens and Rogue One. Shockingly bad, and it gets worse and worse the more you think about it and the more you see it. It most certainly is not redeemed on further thought and repeated watching. Its such a piece of shit. Worst Star Wars film.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Fuck I missed this half in the wackbag during the Holiday season.

This is a franchise ruining debacle of a film. It was a major reason why Solo bombed. This one and Solo pissed away all the good will from Force Awakens and Rogue One. Shockingly bad, and it gets worse and worse the more you think about it and the more you see it. It most certainly is not redeemed on further thought and repeated watching. Its such a piece of shit. Worst Star Wars film.
So it is:
1.The Force Awakens
2. Rogue One
3. Solo
4. The Last Jedi

?

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
As Episode 9 gets closer my hatred for The Last Jedi grows. Every one of these videos is fuel to that fire.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Solo is low stakes and we all knew it was going to be a clown fiesta going in. Especially in the context of major re-writes and firing the directors and re-shooting ninety percent of it after principal photography wrapped, yeah, it was going to be shit. Last Jedi could have been a completely serviceable, average ripoff of Empire and Revenge of the Sith, the same way Force Awakens was a right down the middle of the road re-hashing of OT and prequel material. Instead, it was shit from my asshole. I expected them to play it safe as mother's milk, then my expectations were subverted when the film I watched was three hours of shit tumbling out of my very own asshole. So yes, that is the ranking.

LiddyRules

So it is:
1.The Force Awakens
2. Rogue One
3. Solo
4. The Last Jedi

?
TFA
TLJ
Solo
R1

But the important thing about HitWing TLJ is hopefully making people realize how little SJWism had to do with that movie's issues.

Floyd1977

But the important thing about HitWing TLJ is hopefully making people realize how little SJWism had to do with that movie's issues.
Some of that was overblown, but the Rose Shit and “War Profiteers Maaannnnnn!” was pretty bad.

I wonder if in IX they drop some of those threads that have been accused of being SJWey or double down. Probably not much they could change now though.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
TFA
TLJ
Solo
R1

The movie is an example of showing off diversity and anti-patriarchy, tenets of SJW-ism, when it is unwanted by me.

Choosing the characters with the proper skills instead, would have been more satisfying than its check list of identities.

Also, whoever did the make-up for the women and did their casting did horrible jobs. Marge's hair on a general? Hair buns on a radio operator? Chubby asian girl with half of the asian yin yang symbol? Stale-breaded Leia? Phasma was in there for 5 seconds just to be killed. And Rey maybe works for the ambiguous immature audience. So much disappoint.

I guess that Del Toro was them trying to add a famous actor but it blew up with his anti-capitalist bland story.

LiddyRules

Some of that was overblown, but the Rose Shit and “War Profiteers Maaannnnnn!” was pretty bad.

I wonder if in IX they drop some of those threads that have been accused of being SJWey or double down. Probably not much they could change now though.
The thing is, the war profiteers is at most 3 lines and has nothing to do with anything. I would actually like to see more with the war profiteers. Like if Snoke had a way to keep creditors at bay and Hux/Ren have to deal with them in Episode 9. Not in a jokey way but if you consider how small the conflict actually is between the First Order upstarts and the 10 Resistance members, there are a lot more parties who should be thrown into the mix. What about all the planets who hate the Resistance but don't like the fact that the FO blew up Congress? Because it's not like FO established control or took over vidscreens. They went straight to chasing down the Resistance after their super weapon was destroyed. Nobody knows what the fuck happened.

Floyd1977

The thing is, the war profiteers is at most 3 lines and has nothing to do with anything. I would actually like to see more with the war profiteers. Like if Snoke had a way to keep creditors at bay and Hux/Ren have to deal with them in Episode 9. Not in a jokey way but if you consider how small the conflict actually is between the First Order upstarts and the 10 Resistance members, there are a lot more parties who should be thrown into the mix. What about all the planets who hate the Resistance but don't like the fact that the FO blew up Congress? Because it's not like FO established control or took over vidscreens. They went straight to chasing down the Resistance after their super weapon was destroyed. Nobody knows what the fuck happened.
Maybe, but this kind of storyline was sort of attempted in the PT with the Trade Federation and the separatists and all that and it turned out to be a mess.

BIV

The thing is, the war profiteers is at most 3 lines and has nothing to do with anything.
You just shined a spotlight on why it was such garbage. It's ONLY purpose was to jerk off the SJWs.

If Finn had been sent to a "loyal dealer" to pick up a shipment of weapons only to find out that the dealer was playing both side and that somehow led to running from the First Order shenanigans, THAT would have been a good, even possibly great, plotline. It would have echoed the Lando plot without copying it and give real purpose to Finn's actions while still showing the murkiness of war.

Nope. They went for "rich people bad". So Finn and this generically Asian and supposedly female escape pod mechanic are going to ride deer.

LiddyRules

You just shined a spotlight on why it was such garbage. It's ONLY purpose was to jerk off the SJWs.

If Finn had been sent to a "loyal dealer" to pick up a shipment of weapons only to find out that the dealer was playing both side and that somehow led to running from the First Order shenanigans, THAT would have been a good, even possibly great, plotline. It would have echoed the Lando plot without copying it and give real purpose to Finn's actions while still showing the murkiness of war.

Nope. They went for "rich people bad". So Finn and this generically Asian and supposedly female escape pod mechanic are going to ride deer.
I honestly don't think it was meant to jerk off the SJWs. I think it was an offhand remark meant for some universe building that people turned into an SJW Call To Action because they can't see anything without that paranoid prism.

But I do agree with your take on how the BDT story should have played out since it's similar to my idea.

BIV

I honestly don't think it was meant to jerk off the SJWs. I think it was an offhand remark meant for some universe building that people turned into an SJW Call To Action because they can't see anything without that paranoid prism.

But I do agree with your take on how the BDT story should have played out since it's similar to my idea.
I might have agreed with you if it wasn't for everything else, both during the movie and in comments from Johnson and Kennedy.

Hell, if I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt, it may not even be what they intended. But that doesn't matter because the rest of the movie was chocked full of the SJW horse shit and nothing they have said before or since leads anyone to believe otherwise.

It doesn't help that in the very next SW film, the big, bad ass gang leader was a little, freckled girl.

On a related note:

LiddyRules

I might have agreed with you if it wasn't for everything else, both during the movie and in comments from Johnson and Kennedy.

Hell, if I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt, it may not even be what they intended. But that doesn't matter because the rest of the movie was chocked full of the SJW horse shit and nothing they have said before or since leads anyone to believe otherwise.

It doesn't help that in the very next SW film, the big, bad ass gang leader was a little, freckled girl.

On a related note:

We watched the movie last week. I genuinely believe that its SJW leanings are overblown by people who want/need to believe that SJWism is lurking around every corner. I'm not say it isn't there at all, but it's like saying RotJ is all pro-Communist propaganda because Jabba represents hedonistic capitalism and the Ewoks represent communal living.

Christ. The last command Leia gives the Resistance is Poe Dameron is your leader.

And now you're bringing that completely unnecessary weird black albino who might have been 13 might have been 30 mutant from Solo into the conspiracy?