Movie Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi , Written and Directed by Rian Johnson: December 15, 2017

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
And the reason the SJW paranoia really bugs me is because there is so much more to dislike about TLJ as a movie that if you're focused on HAIR DYE HAIR DYE OMG HOLDO DYED HER HAIR LEBBBIAN PROPPYGANDDER you're missing the big, far more enjoyable picture.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
@LiddyRules
Again, Kennedy and Johnson did this to themselves.

First, it's a horrifically bad movie. That eliminates all your leeway.

All Kennedy would have had to do is say "You know what, I understand exactly what you are saying. We didn't intend that, but I see why you might think that. We will pay attention to your concerns in future projects."

It wouldn't shut everyone up, but at least fans would know they were heard.

But both Kennedy and Johnson has doubled down on it. THEY are the ones who attributed all our complaints to Identity politics.

They say people didn't like the movie because male fans are threatened by strong women. That if they had replaced the main characters with men then there wouldn't have been any complaints.

Which is insane talk from insane people.

And I brought up a 14-year-old being a 12 foot badass in Solo because it shows Kennedy's thought process.

That useless cunt thinks the best way to help Star Wars is to shove her shit politics into a franchise that is a power fantasy for 12 year old boys.

And, apparently, great (or even good) writing, plot or acting takes a back burner to her shit because it's glaringly obvious both Solo and TLJ were heavily re-written, re-shot and edited to accommodate it.

Again, you can have your little nods if you embed them into a good movie. But when your entire movie is shit, and you claim the hate is due to SJW hate, it shines a light on the horse shit.

It's hard to rank the four Disney era movies.

The Force Awakens is clearly #1..... but the water gets murky after that.

Sadly I have to put Solo #2. Serviceable story, likeable characters, plenty of cringe and some plot holes. But not 100% awful. I almost wish this was "Generic Smuggler #238 movie" instead of "Han Solo".

Coin toss for #3. May have to give the edge to Rogue One. Shitty, convoluted story. Too much fan service. But the space battle was awesome. And at least it did expand the original GL mythos and mostly fits into ANH. Other than Cassian's ship, they didn't feel the need to introduce all new and more useless vehicles into the battle.

TLJ is #4. Awful story....zero character development......unneeded subplots.

BIV

Ranking them.

TFA is the clear #1...but the longer we go without a payoff from anything in that film, the more it's flaws show.....Better than the prequels.

I, personally, think R1 is a no brainer at #2. Yeah, it failed a lot. But it failed in what I'd consider a "good way". They were trying for something new and didn't pull it off. It wasn't a rehash, they didn't ruin any characters, they made good use of the time period tech. They only slightly fucked with the canon.....Better than Episode I and II, but not III.

Not we've come to the dark times.

Solo is waaaaaaaay down the list at #3. This could have been a fun Not-Solo movie. Making it about Solo turned it into a train wreck (pun intended). It was just horrible what they did to Han......It edges out TPM.

Then, there is TLJ. I never thought there would be a SW film worse than TPM....I was wrong.

Then, there is TLJ. I never thought there would be a SW film worse than TPM....I was wrong.
Phantom has grown on me....it's still low, but it's better than AOTC and TLJ. And probably better than R1 in my book.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Its almost not just a way to get other demographics to watch your programming, but as a way to insulate your programming for criticism. TLJ is a confusing, unpleasant turd and its like, an hour too long for what it is, but, Oh, you don't like strong women and interracial romance.

Well, you're correct. That doesn't mean your product isn't shit, though.

Also, I don't know why there needed to be the conflict. "If it was Admiral Ackbar, Poe and Finn would trust him." Well, what's so bad about that? Why not do Ackbar as the Laura Dern character and he tells Poe and Finn that they gotta do the Mission to set up The Trap and it'd be a suicide mission that would fail for anybody else, and you wouldn't trust it, but its Admiral fuckin' Ackbar so you do it. And once Leia is out the airlock, its all on the Mission to set up the Trap? That's what I'd do.

BIV

Its almost not just a way to get other demographics to watch your programming, but as a way to insulate your programming for criticism. TLJ is a confusing, unpleasant turd and its like, an hour too long for what it is, but, Oh, you don't like strong women and interracial romance.

Well, you're correct. That doesn't mean your product isn't shit, though.

Also, I don't know why there needed to be the conflict. "If it was Admiral Ackbar, Poe and Finn would trust him." Well, what's so bad about that? Why not do Ackbar as the Laura Dern character and he tells Poe and Finn that they gotta do the Mission to set up The Trap and it'd be a suicide mission that would fail for anybody else, and you wouldn't trust it, but its Admiral fuckin' Ackbar so you do it. And once Leia is out the airlock, its all on the Mission to set up the Trap? That's what I'd do.
I forgot that was the inglorious end they gave Ackbar, the cock suckers.

And stop it, that wasn't an interracial couple. Neither was white.

I'm tired of bitching about TLJ. Not really though because I'll never let it go and will bash it anytime its mentioned probably. BUT....

I'm going into IX not with excitement to see it but with a hope that I wont hate it. That ain't good.

There has to be a sliver of excitement in there though right? That it will "fix" things?

Realistically I've accepted that I will probably never watch TLJ again. HitW may have been the last viewing in a long time. I may catch a part here or there, and when my son gets older, if he wants to, I'll watch with him..... i guess if i have to. But if 9 is good and answers all the questions left from 7 .... do I even need to see 8 ever again?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LiddyRules

I forgot that was the inglorious end they gave Ackbar, the cock suckers.

And stop it, that wasn't an interracial couple. Neither was white.
That's why they put Rey and Poe together at the end. Poe is at least white adjacent.

No Disney Wars is as good as ROTS. Its true.
#HateFact

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Star Wars being about strong woman makes a lot of sense when you watch the first two films in a trio and Rose Tico is a useless bore and Captain Phasma loses to Finn twice in less than four minutes of total screen time in about five hours of film time

BIV

Fuck, they really are going to hook her up with Poe, aren't they?

Talk about unearned.

Then again, Lando was in a relationship with a droid.

Floyd1977

@LiddyRules
And I brought up a 14-year-old being a 12 foot badass in Solo because it shows Kennedy's thought process.
That was a very awkward moment. They way the camera held on that person was weird, as if we were supposed to know who she was. I was actually thinking is because the chick is Maya Rudolph?

That was a very awkward moment. They way the camera held on that person was weird, as if we were supposed to know who she was. I was actually thinking is because the chick is Maya Rudolph?
I'm also wondering if the Cloud Riders in Solo are supposed to show TLJ viewers that a huge Rebellion can grow from a plucky dedicated band of misfits, lest we lose hope that there's no way Leia and those 10 others rescued from Crait can make a difference.

LiddyRules

I thought Maya Rudolph too.

That entire aspect of the story confused me. It felt like they didn't introduce the pre-Rebellion Rebellion until the final five minutes so by the time I figured out what the hell it was they were gone. And the way their leader looked like a child and you couldn't tell if that was intentional or weird casting? It was totally unnecessary.

I'm also wondering if the Cloud Riders in Solo are supposed to show TLJ viewers that a huge Rebellion can grow from a plucky dedicated band of misfits, lest we lose hope that there's no way Leia and those 10 others rescued from Crait can make a difference.
1) If there's any thematic links between the Stories and the Legacy Films, it's sheer coincidence. They're mutually exclusive.
2) Apparently, Episode 9 takes place only a year after TLJ. Broom Boy still ain't got no pubes.

As for building up the Resistance... again, the First Order never established control. Snoke never said to the public "I am your leader now." All they did was blow up Congress and bugger off. Planets have their own armies. They'd probably use them to take on the First Order instead of joining up with the Resistance because OMG Leia and the Millennium Falcon.

1) If there's any thematic links between the Stories and the Legacy Films, it's sheer coincidence. They're mutually exclusive.
I don't believe that. I think that each movie has themes that carry over to others. Such as the need for Solo to smuggle starship fuel. Pretty coincidental in light of TLJ's plot point of ships running low on fuel (a problem that was never seen in any previous movie). Wouldn't it have been more logical that they asked for spice and Solo and Co made the Kessel run to smuggle that?

Floyd1977

I thought Maya Rudolph too.

That entire aspect of the story confused me. It felt like they didn't introduce the pre-Rebellion Rebellion until the final five minutes so by the time I figured out what the hell it was they were gone. And the way their leader looked like a child and you couldn't tell if that was intentional or weird casting? It was totally unnecessary.
That whole subplot at the end ruins the end of ANH because it’s revealed that Han is “good” by giving them that fuel. The arc he has in ANH is no longer and arc. Prime example of why you don’t make this movie. Or, you have to make another movie now to explain how Han got so cynical (maybe they had planned to do so, but won’t be seein that no more)

Last edited:
That whole subplot at the end ruins the end of ANH because it’s revealed that Han is “good” but giving them that fuel. The arc he has in ANH is no longer and arc. Prime example of why you don’t make this movie. Or, you have to make another movie now to explain how Han got so cynical (maybe they had planned to do so, but won’t be seein that no more)
He saw what a bunch of reckless dipshits they had evolved into since helping them out and was only interested in taking his bounty and leaving.......yeah it's a shitty plot hole.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
As for building up the Resistance... again, the First Order never established control. Snoke never said to the public "I am your leader now." All they did was blow up Congress and bugger off. Planets have their own armies. They'd probably use them to take on the First Order instead of joining up with the Resistance because OMG Leia and the Millennium Falcon.
Why a planet or planetary system with its own law enforcement, intelligence agencies, military forces, militia organizations and billions if not trillions of people and droids to call upon to fight the First Order is supposed to care about the Resistance, which is now thirty bungling incompetents, many of them elderly, in the universe's equivalent of a Mack track, is not explained. Its definitely a case of assuming in-universe people would care because Star Wars fans care about these people. For instance, according to Star Wars fans, Chewbacca is real hot-stuff but nobody would care about Chewbacca, he's a three hundred year old senile wookie, for instance. The only people any planetary military organization would care two fucks and a shit about, are all unceremoniously killed or humiliated in this franchise so far, like Han Solo, Admiral Ackbar, Leia, Poe Dameron and Luke Skywalker. Bur its already shown that those people didn't care, or else the Resistance would actually possess members and military arms.

Edit: A major threat to the galaxy was a confederacy headed by a trade federation, for instance. That's what the arms-dealers to both sides of the conflict made me think of, the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Trade Federation, possibly affiliated with groups like the Hutt Cartel system. In the power vacuum of a destroyed Galactic Senate, that's what would rise up and assume control and feud with the First Order, not Leia Organa and her 500 closest and most foolish friends. Its also said that the Galactic Senate system willfully abdicates possessing a military, not too smart, eh? That's all the more reason for a Trade Confederation and Criminal Consortium to take the reins. The Senate and Rebel and Imperial Remnant Era of Star Wars should be dead as a Mon Calamari out the airlock. Its not like the new system would be any worse than their intergalactic Congress, a corrupt, known failure for a century.

Last edited:
Maybe Ep9 will start with Leia visiting Kamino and finding a million trained clones ready to go to battle against the First Order. That should make the fanboys happy.

BIV

Maybe Ep9 will start with Leia visiting Kamino and finding a million trained clones ready to go to battle against the First Order. That should make the fanboys happy.
The first clone will have to be her.